• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I ff so it's different for me I guess, but unless it was for medical reasons I wouldn't wake my own babies if they were sleeping.

This is one of the reasons I feel like such an awful mummy. I hate waking him up but if I don't he will go ages between feeds and not much weight on. It's really getting me down :cry:

It is hard but you're doing it for your baby's own good - once lo is older and less sleepy it will get easier! Hang in there mamma, you're doing good :hugs:

Afm, got flo weighed today and she is 7lb 8oz at 12 days so 9oz up for birth weight :happydance:

Popples whilst I demand feed I also don't let LO go more than 3-4 hours during the day without a feed . I will lift him and rouse him at the three hour mark ( might take him 40mins to come around including nappy change ! ) I hate disturbing him but its all for his own good :) its only at night I don't wake him . If you didn't wake him how long would he go before waking at a stretch ?

Sorry hun, I didnt mean to make you feel bad.
The HV/MW team had me so worried with Jessica's jaundice and weight at 10 days old I would of woke her if she hadnt of stirred herself anyway.
The doubt of how I was looking after her changed my perception of how I was feeling about BF, it was a major contributor to going onto formula so soon. The guilt of stopping BF was/is horrible but she's put on weight well (still on the 2nd percentile though) and her jaundice has cleared so if its coincidence I dont know, but I feel personally that BF just wasnt right for us.
You'd think with Jessica being my fourth I'd know what I was doing but I still second guess myself all the time. The smallest thing the HV says just confuses and worries me.

Been today to get William weighed and at 5 weeks he now weighs 11lb 7 1/2 oz the little chunk :)

The HV/MW team had me so worried with Jessica's jaundice and weight at 10 days old I would of woke her if she hadnt of stirred herself anyway.
The doubt of how I was looking after her changed my perception of how I was feeling about BF, it was a major contributor to going onto formula so soon. The guilt of stopping BF was/is horrible but she's put on weight well (still on the 2nd percentile though) and her jaundice has cleared so if its coincidence I dont know, but I feel personally that BF just wasnt right for us.
You'd think with Jessica being my fourth I'd know what I was doing but I still second guess myself all the time. The smallest thing the HV says just confuses and worries me.

Don't worry. I feel bad anyway most of the time! I'm still battling on with bf and giving him EBM via a bottle but I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it as I'm pretty miserable about it. I'm hoping once he's a bit more awake it'll get easier... Just trying to get to that point! I was in a similar position re: weight and jaundice last week so I know what you mean. The decision to move to ff isn't easy but if I have to make it for the good of his health, I will. I think it's awful how guilty they make you feel though.

Don't worry. I feel bad anyway most of the time! I'm still battling on with bf and giving him EBM via a bottle but I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it as I'm pretty miserable about it. I'm hoping once he's a bit more awake it'll get easier... Just trying to get to that point! I was in a similar position re: weight and jaundice last week so I know what you mean. The decision to move to ff isn't easy but if I have to make it for the good of his health, I will. I think it's awful how guilty they make you feel though.

Popples you sound like you've done an amazing job in a difficult situation. Even if you have to go to ff you've still given him a good few weeks of mummy's good stuff which will have set him up well. No one should be making you feel guilty, they should be congratulating you for all the effort you've put into getting this far :hugs:

Popples you make whatever decisions are right for you and your baby ! My mother had 5 of us all FF not a boob in sight and we turned out just fine ;) I'm struggling with the opposite to you. My poor mum who is 73 and quite the prude ( try's to disguise she even has boobs of her own lol) is trying to discourage me from BF lol.....when I'm visiting she sends me into another room to feed and alerts everyone in the house ! She almost puts an armed guard on the door !!!!! She keeps making comments like " in my day only poor people breast fed " would he not perfare a bottle? Why are you putting yourself through all that oh could help if you bottle fed . I also think OH is feeling a little left out due to baby constantly being attached to me . He took him for an hour this am so I could sleep but brought him down after 40 mins saying here you will have to take him , he won't settle with me all he wants is boobs !! Awh bless him little does he know as soon as BF is over the rest of the rearing of him is his lol.......... Sports clubs , standing on the sidelines in the rain , birthday party runs , the whole lot hehehehehehehehehehe

The midwife has just been round and he's now past his birth weight :happydance:

She checked his latch again (all fine) and said we can move to demand feeding as long as we don't let him go too long between feeds. She was really encouraging and said not to get too hung up on the weight thing... Oh and to relax and have a glass of wine!

She checked his latch again (all fine) and said we can move to demand feeding as long as we don't let him go too long between feeds. She was really encouraging and said not to get too hung up on the weight thing... Oh and to relax and have a glass of wine!

Yay great news!!

Well done Popples! :thumbup: x

Popples you make whatever decisions are right for you and your baby ! My mother had 5 of us all FF not a boob in sight and we turned out just fine ;) I'm struggling with the opposite to you. My poor mum who is 73 and quite the prude ( try's to disguise she even has boobs of her own lol) is trying to discourage me from BF lol.....when I'm visiting she sends me into another room to feed and alerts everyone in the house ! She almost puts an armed guard on the door !!!!! She keeps making comments like " in my day only poor people breast fed " would he not perfare a bottle? Why are you putting yourself through all that oh could help if you bottle fed . I also think OH is feeling a little left out due to baby constantly being attached to me . He took him for an hour this am so I could sleep but brought him down after 40 mins saying here you will have to take him , he won't settle with me all he wants is boobs !! Awh bless him little does he know as soon as BF is over the rest of the rearing of him is his lol.......... Sports clubs , standing on the sidelines in the rain , birthday party runs , the whole lot hehehehehehehehehehe

Totally! As soon as we knew we were having a boy I told DH that watching football matches in the rain is definitely a job for daddy!

Great news popples thats amazing u should be so proud ive been struggling with breastfeedin
I dont seem to produce enough milk my lo just wont latch now and as no patience for it along with that i feel like tge worst mummy ever to my lil boy as im constantly attached to his baby sister. It breaks my heart to think he will never have my full attention again. Im having a bad day today and feel like ive spent most of it sobbing im just hoping tomorrow is a better day.

We went for our 10 day check up today. My wee man is now weighing 10lb 10oz, so doing well. I've been told I need another course of antibiotics for my stitches :nope: seeing GP tomorrow, pretty gutted. Have also been given advice on how to sort my engorged boobs. I think I've bruised my left one by hand expressing, keeping an eye on it in case it's something else. Expressed my right one using a pump and it feel loads better. Got a Savoy cabbage in the fridge as told that the leaves will help!? 8.30pm think I'm going to try and get some sleep in before the chunk wakes up. Anyone else's LO's posseting after feeds?

Yep loads banana, possets after every feed and abiut one feed in five projectile vomits the whole lot! It's annoying and creates a lot of washing but not overly concerned as he's putting on weight and isn't distressed by it

Great news popples thats amazing u should be so proud ive been struggling with breastfeedin
I dont seem to produce enough milk my lo just wont latch now and as no patience for it along with that i feel like tge worst mummy ever to my lil boy as im constantly attached to his baby sister. It breaks my heart to think he will never have my full attention again. Im having a bad day today and feel like ive spent most of it sobbing im just hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I know how you feel! I really miss spending time with my eldest, I love him even more since having his baby brother, didn't think it was possible. I'm trying to take each day as it comes which is easier said than done. Didn't cry at all yesterday but today I was a blubbering mess. Tomorrow is a new day and really hope it will be a better one for you x

Yup but not every feed . Its random but at least a few a day . Popples I'm so happy to hear your news . You should pat yourself on the back for our perseverance :) delighted for you it paid off :) Happy demand feeding :)

glad to hear the wee one is chunking up popples! although I confess that I am also glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's had a bad day!
baby has been very clingy, feeding hourly and refusing to settle apart from in my arms. in between her naps i managed to get the house to a decent state, and when hubby came home I took the dog for a walk. he made the tea, literally boiled pasta and added sauce and changed one nappy, but has had the cheek to criticise me when I asked for his help this evening so I could make a cup of tea... I know he is working but I am doing all the babycare and running the house... just a bad day but I could honestly pack a bag and leave just now. fed up! sorry for moaning ladies xxx

Candy , moan away ! We are all here to share the ups and the downs of this journey of motherhood :) we are all going to have our fair share of good and bad days ! I had a middling one today . I feel a little guilty I can't do anything in the house and oh has to do it all , well Hoover , floor washing, anything with lifting and bending as I had c section . I also feel a little housebound as I cannot drive till the second week of April !! Live in a rural location so its me LO and the fields for now lol ..... Counting down the rest of the six weeks so ican feel a little normality return to my life and I've a little freedom and independence . It sounds like pure bliss to be able to go to the shops or even out for a coffee with my new little side kick ;) I can't give out about OH he has been wonderful but I feel bad putting more demands on him to be at my becon call lol after all he. Is adjusting to fatherhood, working and doing the house work !

See! Well done! And totally go for that glass of wine :haha:

Ahh housework is driving me bonkers, especially getting the dishes done! What really pisses me off is people who come over to see the baby and eat our food then leave a load of dirty plates and mugs...not hard to put them in the dishwasher! My mum is coming to stay tomorrow so i'm hoping she'll help me get some housework done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->