• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

For those of you with sicky babies sitting them in a more upright position it's helped is loads x

How is everyone doing for sleep? I am left feeling a bit meh about our sleeping arrangement! Basically baby will sleep amazing if he is in the bed (something I never wanted to do) if he is in the mosses basket then we wont get more than 40 minutes at a time! In the bed we get 4-5 hour stretches! And he even latches on laying down so I can breastfeed without moving lol. Problem is im so worried about having him in the bed. I spend all day dreading going to bed because I feel bad especially when midwifes have been round nagging on about the dangers of bedsharing and safe sleeping etc etc.

How is everyone doing for sleep? I am left feeling a bit meh about our sleeping arrangement! Basically baby will sleep amazing if he is in the bed (something I never wanted to do) if he is in the mosses basket then we wont get more than 40 minutes at a time! In the bed we get 4-5 hour stretches! And he even latches on laying down so I can breastfeed without moving lol. Problem is im so worried about having him in the bed. I spend all day dreading going to bed because I feel bad especially when midwifes have been round nagging on about the dangers of bedsharing and safe sleeping etc etc.

Were also bedsharing at the minute. I think its each persons choice and as long as u feel safe doing it and make sure lo doesnt get too hot i dont see a problem with it. Mw advise u not to do a lot of things or to do things a certain way etcf and u just have to adapt it to ur family. X

feeling more positive this morning i managed to sort lacey and get charlie up dressed and fed with quite minimal stress, i even put some washing in :happydance:

Mine loves sleeping on me but will sleep in his basket too - could you get a co sleeping cot ?

We're currently living in Germany (military hubby) and the nurses in the hospital here were really pro bedsharing, telling me in great detail how good it is for my baby in terms of bonding. I was really surprised as I know it's a big nono in UK. Skye will sleep well in her basket usually however she loves sleeping on my chest so I tend to pull her into bed for a cuddle aftee her 6/7am feed xxx

Mine loves sleeping on me but will sleep in his basket too - could you get a co sleeping cot ?

Same here and my little one loves sleeping on his daddy's chest too. But he'll mostly sleep in his Moses basket.

Interestingly the midwives around here know that everyone ends up co sleeping at some point, even by accident, so give a lot of info on how to do it safely.

Anyone else have a baby who screams for no reason? I though I was in for a good night at first last night as he did a 4 hour stretch in his basket but then I was up for the next 2 1/2 hours trying to resettle him. Every time he dozed off he would just suddenly start screaming again and nothing worked. He wasn't even happy in our bed which he normally loves! (I hate it as I never sleep properly with him in bed with us). OH eventually got him down within 10 mins of trying to settle him, cue feeling like a bad mother. I think he just exhausted himself though as when he work up hungry 45 mins later he could hardly latch before falling back to sleep.

We have her in a cot attached to the side of the bed. She sleeps for one 4 hour stint at night pretty reliably but the rest of the night is variable - last night she didn't go down till close to midnight, she was quite fussy. However those four hours are golden so i'm not feeling too horrendously tired atm!

Keep? What is this sleep you speak of? lol had such a shitty night it's unbelievable, really put my in a naff mood. Feeling a little more human now though but I could of quite happily killed anyone who said I looked knackered thus morning!

I really hate being behind with the housework, sets me on edge knowing stuff needs doing. My own fault for being neurotic about it really.

DH brought some more teets home but they are vari-flow ones, seats from birth but Jess just can't handle to flow she created and ends up chocking and covered in milk.

We tried to have a four hr gap between feeds last night. Leo got a good sleep but I couldn't for some reason - typical! However, I've made a decision today : I'm going to feed him expressed milk and formula and lay off the breastfeeding. I've been totally miserable and crying for days so have decided it is in both our interests to stop putting so much pressure on myself.

Hey everyone :) Happy I was you yesterday exhausted and everything looked grey , last night LO was a sleepy bunny so feel great today even dressed and showered before 11am ! I feel almost like a real human being lol !! Kay my LO also does that screaming thing but I think I've figured it out , I think its when he gets over tired and I leave it too long to put him down again . He screams and fights the sleep but with a bit of persistence and staying calm in the face of the screaming and realising its sleep he wants although fighting it mammy wins the battle lol......

I think its more the stress of knowing everyone has to be up and out the door by 8:10am.
That is the best thing about being a FTM no real worries if u manage to stay in bed.

Popples- hope ur feeding plan works for u, no one should feel miserable about feeding their baby x

Gosh happyhome just noticed how many kids you have! Getting out the door by 8.10 is pretty impressive!! I struggle getting dd1 into nursery at half 8 lol.

Popples you shouldn't be upset by feeding your baby :hugs: you're making a good decision for you and your family x

I'm thinking of introducing a dummy to help with lo wind? It certainly helped ds1 and we used tommee tipper ortho ones. Any advice?

Happy I also am just seeing the small fact your mum of 8 ! You deserve a medal !!! I am a first time mum so compared to you all is Rosy in the garden :) I feel guilty not being dressed by 9 lol........

Hayz - at 3am I was certainly thinking the same! But I've not used a dummy before so I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Jessica has had a 2oz bottle, looked liked wanting more only for her to suck for a bit and go to sleep. Makes me think she's just using it for comfort and I really dont want to start that habit, but then I think do I want to have a battle of the dummies??
dd1 sucked her thumb, I cursed that but at least it was readily available to her and never got lost!
Wishuwerehere - Cheers, I just wished some days I had a little extra time to make myself more presentable, school mums are full of yummy mummys all dolled up, I guess I'm in between though as I'm not a slummy mummy either. As long as the kids are presentable and organised that's what matters to me.

Happy I also am just seeing the small fact your mum of 8 ! You deserve a medal !!! I am a first time mum so compared to you all is Rosy in the garden :) I feel guilty not being dressed by 9 lol........

Technically its only four, two are step-children (the other two to make 8 are me and DH) No medal needed just prozac lol

We tried to have a four hr gap between feeds last night. Leo got a good sleep but I couldn't for some reason - typical! However, I've made a decision today : I'm going to feed him expressed milk and formula and lay off the breastfeeding. I've been totally miserable and crying for days so have decided it is in both our interests to stop putting so much pressure on myself.

Ive also decided to do this i feel pretty bad about it but i decided i cant be stuck to a sofa and lacey for the sake of my lil boy charlie i realised yesterday how much i missed him and i have been unable to spend much time with him. Along with the fact trying to get to grips with breastfeeding was emotionally hard im fed up of crying and feeling like a failure. X

Ive also decided to do this i feel pretty bad about it but i decided i cant be stuck to a sofa and lacey for the sake of my lil boy charlie i realised yesterday how much i missed him and i have been unable to spend much time with him. Along with the fact trying to get to grips with breastfeeding was emotionally hard im fed up of crying and feeling like a failure. X

Me too - it's not the same when you hve a toddler to look after too - it made my decision all the easier, it was just too painful for me wen with the right latch - I gave him 3 days of liquid gold !

I've been quite tired today and just woken from my third cap nap - hooe that this will get me through some of the night ! I wish I wasn't in so much pain with the c section that I could curl up and get comfortable :-(

I've had such a better day today. It's actually my birthday too so I'm so glad I spent it enjoying my little boy instead of dreading every feed. I'm in awe of you ladies raising your babies when you already have little ones to run around after :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->