• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Happy birthday popples have a nice glass of wine (if its ur drink that is lol)

I recently gave LO a dummy. I prefer it to the thumb as I didn't stop sucking my thumb until I was embarrassingly too old and it's much easy to take away a dummy and I had no problem taking it away from my older one when the time was right. I gave it to LO as he likes to comfort suck. He use to suck and they just dribble milk out of his mouth.

Giving up breastfeeding can be a great decision. I know with DS1 it was the best decision and really helped with my emotional state as it just lifts some of that pressure.

LO has been really fussy today and just crying and moaning when he's been awake. I've hardly put him down as he just starts crying again. OH is out this evening so I haven't had any break at all today and think I won't tonight either.

Happy birthday popples :flower:

I've never used a dummy, but dd2 has started to suck her fingers for comfort so i guess it serves the same purpose.

So i jist woke up to feed lo and my stomach was cramping really bad, and lots of fresh red blood...then i passed a clot about an inch and a half long. Should i be concerned? Do you think i should see the doctor? Noone really said what sort of size clota were a problem...

I would definitely call your doctors wishuwerehere when they open, I'm sure it's all fine but I would double check for peace of mind x

I got told to go back or phone if I had any clots bigger than a 50 pence piece - maybe an inch?

Thanks everyone, we had a lovely day and I had a very nice birthday cars from Leo, though I suspect his daddy might have had something to do with it!

I'd definitely call the Dr re that clot even though it's probably fine.

X

Belated birthday wishes Popples, hope you had a great day.

Always worth checking with your doctor about clots if you are concerned. Your Midwife team/labour suite will still see you too even if you have been discharged from their care.

We had a better night. DH settled Jessica down as I went to bed at 9pm! he watched watching the football so I grabbed the chance for an extra few hours. Whatever he did worked as she didnt wake til 1.30am, took 3oz then settled again til 5am ao I'm much happier today already.

Baby clinic is on today but I have decided not to go. I dont want to weigh Jessica each week, it really adds too much stress on everything.

Anyone have any plans for today?
I've just though for your UK mum's alot of you will be having your first Mother's Day at the end of the month!!

I was also told size of a 50p. I had a lot of late clots this time, quite large ones as well after the bleeding had basically stopped. I was told it was likely because I had a physiological third stage. If you have any worries though check in with a doctor.

I had a great night with LO last night. He only woke up once and went straight backdown.

Decided that I'm fed up of my mummy uniform of jeans and plain tshirts so I treated myself to a few new tops and a new skirt as well as a new pair of heels. I couldn't wear any heels when I was pregnant due to pelvic pain and I've missed them. I've got a christening on Sunday so I'm looking forward to dressing up a little. In fact I'm looking forward to talking to adults. I miss adult company. Am I the only one?

I love the new clothes idea. I was really lucky to fit back into pre-preggo clothes very quickly but the problem is I now feel a bit manky in them. I'd love a few new bits.
I dont do heels though unless I'm going out (I should though being 5'2") but am getting bored of jeans, trainers and t-shirts. Some nice new underwear would be great too.
I know DH doesnt care what undies I have on but I always thing they make you feel so much better about yourself.

Adult company doesnt worry me too much, I do the school run each day so see some Mum's up their but honestly I dont have adult friends that arent related to me in some way. Geez that's probably really sad.

Who will be having their baby Christened/Baptised?

I'm still in slobs as anything tight hurts, tho I've bought a new top - need to try it on to see if it's ok

Not really missing adult company at the moment - I'm not very good company when I'm tired lol - I'm actually a little peeved that a friend (who has a 4 year old) thinks its easy for me to drag a 3/12 year old and a baby after a x section up tŵo flights of stairs to have a play date when I've said I will do it here so ive got the Moses basket ect .. Argh

Having family and baby photo shoot tommorow

Lo was up from 1-3am this morning windy then awàke !

Who will be having their baby Christened/Baptised?

OH's cousin is having her son christened. I'm planing on getting LO christened in the summer myself when he's about 4 months old like his big brother.

I know I'm lucky that I also get back into my pre pregnancy clothes but they don't always feel right.

I've been sorting out all my maternity clothes and things that I just don't like anymore out of my wardrobe for ebaying. Thanks to having pregnancies that cover a whole year between them I have a whole range of maternity clothes from summer dresses through to a Christmas jumper and heavy coat.

I'm going to do a family photo shoot when LO is a little older. We did one when DS1 was 5 months old and we have some lovely photos from that.

Feeling like poo...I'm a good 2 stone overweight so still in boring maternity clothes and LO was feeding 10pm, 1am, 4am, 5am and then 7am...cried as soon as I woke up! It's my birthday next week and think I might postpone it until I'm feeling better, get 'downstairs' sorted out, finish another weeks worth of antibiotics and try and catch up on sleep, just not in the mood for it, but hope I'm feeling completely different! Sorry..moan over.

LO will be christened like his big bro, we've got a family christening gown which is about 70 years old, it's lovely.

Love to hear everyone's news makes me realise there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

I'm still in my slobby clothes as scar still healing and sore. Couldn't bear jeans ouch ! Although I would so love a day out shopping , new clothes sound wonderful and new underwear :) ill celebrate being mobile and able to drive again with heading to the shops :) me and LO :) only 3 weeks to go !!

Poor LO has baby snuffles and was struggling to feed and breath at the same time last night . Poor thing got so frustrated . Have sent OH to get saline nose spray . Hope it helps .
Anyone any other tips re this or find anything that works ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->