**February Babies**

thanks, yeah i had to go to that one as i was 17 when i fell pregnant but now im 18 surely i can just go to the doctors like anyone else? its really annoyed me, as it was a cover midwife as my midwife is on holiday again, 2nd holiday during my pregnancy. My midwife is generally very good normally, i just haven't seen her since i was 16 weeks. xxx

Its a long time to wait without seeing anyone. I saw mine today for my 25 weeks appointment. Next one is at 28 weeks then again at 31 weeks.

i will see her again at 28 weeks but now i will pretty much see someone pretty much once a week until 28 weeks as, i probably wont see her until next Thursday, then the Thursday after is my gestational diabetes appointment, then the week after its my 28 week appointment. its just a pain because i have little worries like is it normal to get braxton hicks 5 times in a day at 25 weeks, and by the time i see he my pregnancy bain makes me forget everything i need to ask her, i should write things down really, but tbh i forget to do that, its crazy. how did your appointment go holly? xxx

i never know when my midwife appointments are. i had an appointment at twelve weeks, then fifteen i think and then twenty five. well that is it roughly because they always make them late so i have gone over how far along i was meant to be. but the whole midwife system changed and all the usual midwives became nurses and a new set of midwives came in..
i had one of them at my twenty week appointment and she ticked the weeks i would have another appointment, so i have a rough idea.. but i don't know if i am supposed to book the appointments myself, because the last time she phoned and asked me to make an appointment on the thursday.. i think i am supposed to go back at either twenty eight or twenty nine weeks but i am going away for a couple days so will have to reschedual it. :p

i will see her again at 28 weeks but now i will pretty much see someone pretty much once a week until 28 weeks as, i probably wont see her until next Thursday, then the Thursday after is my gestational diabetes appointment, then the week after its my 28 week appointment. its just a pain because i have little worries like is it normal to get braxton hicks 5 times in a day at 25 weeks, and by the time i see he my pregnancy bain makes me forget everything i need to ask her, i should write things down really, but tbh i forget to do that, its crazy. how did your appointment go holly? xxx

It went fine thanks. She didnt really do much but i took a list of things to ask her. It was all written under the note to remind myself to go to my appointment!

i never know when my midwife appointments are. i had an appointment at twelve weeks, then fifteen i think and then twenty five. well that is it roughly because they always make them late so i have gone over how far along i was meant to be. but the whole midwife system changed and all the usual midwives became nurses and a new set of midwives came in..
i had one of them at my twenty week appointment and she ticked the weeks i would have another appointment, so i have a rough idea.. but i don't know if i am supposed to book the appointments myself, because the last time she phoned and asked me to make an appointment on the thursday.. i think i am supposed to go back at either twenty eight or twenty nine weeks but i am going away for a couple days so will have to reschedual it. :p

Its normally 12ish, 16, 25, 28, 31 etc. Mine have been anyway. 28 week one they give anti-d injections if you need them so its important to go if youre rhesus negative. At mine i have to book it myself. I always do it on the way out of my last appointment because the slots fill up quickly sometimes. Hope you have a good time wherever youre going :)

damn, i now have to book it myself. i didn't use to but with the midwives changing it is different. they aren't back in my village until like two weeks and then i am away for a few days. going to phone them up tomorrow and see what they can do. luckily i am rhesus positive so i don't need that injection!

Thats good :) They normally do a blood test at 28 weeks too but that can wait until you see them again

damn, i now have to book it myself. i didn't use to but with the midwives changing it is different. they aren't back in my village until like two weeks and then i am away for a few days. going to phone them up tomorrow and see what they can do. luckily i am rhesus positive so i don't need that injection!

Im rhesus negative so i need the rhogam at 28 weeks =\
thankfully its just in the arm so i dont mind it, its just the fact that my hospital doesnt offer it anymore so i have to go pretty far for it :wacko:

Yeahh i know! they had to refer me to their sister hospital a few towns over. so weird lol

Its doesnt take anyone special to give it! I dont know why theyd stop

I guess they didnt have enough rh-negative people! :haha:

it's so weird, i did higher human biology last year when i was at school and i learned about all the rhesus factor, etc. it just seems weird hearing it in everyday conversation.. well on here anyway. :)

it's so weird, i did higher human biology last year when i was at school and i learned about all the rhesus factor, etc. it just seems weird hearing it in everyday conversation.. well on here anyway. :)

Haha i suppose none of this comes up in every day conversation unless people are having babies

Yeah but it's like I understand why you need the injection and all that, when I would have had no idea because I hadn't heard of it apart from in Biology. My midwife never explained or said anything about it.

My midwife didnt say much about it to me either but i think thats because i dont need it

Is anyone having baby showers or that?
I wish I lived in America so it was more common and I could.. :(

Im not. Partly for the reason id have nobody to invite! Go for it if you want to. We dont have to be in America!

Yep mines is November 28th. Trying to avoid Christmas stress for people.

About 40 or 50 people are coming I think. yay popularity! Lol

Also saw midwife today, they won't let me have a growth scan probably. Stupid traditionalist homebirth midwifes :nope:

Yep mines is November 28th. Trying to avoid Christmas stress for people.

About 40 or 50 people are coming I think. yay popularity! Lol

Also saw midwife today, they won't let me have a growth scan probably. Stupid traditionalist homebirth midwifes :nope:

Ohh not long to wait! No growth scan for me either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->