**February Babies**

ive had my baby shower ages ago lol like week 21..so glad its over with, did not like mine at all..not enough family support :(.....but yeah go for it. you have nothing to lose, and presents for the baby to gain:)

i don't have time to plan a baby shower.. but where i live people just give each other presents after the baby is born.. just like clothes, not the big things like you get at baby showers :p

Same with me really, close neighbours who know you tend to bring a gift of some sort when youre home with the baby and thats about it. People at work sometimes if you work very closely with them. Traditionally the grandmother (of the baby) buys the pram but in my case the grandmother, great grandmother and i all paid a bit for it.

hey girls, i had a panic last night, thought my water was leaking so went to the hospital, where i was there three and a half hours, but it was pretty hectic up there last night apparently loads of women went into labour yesterday, but glad i went found out everything was fine and got to hear my little mans heartbeat, and his daddy got to hear it for the first time, plus the midwife there was brilliant, but all in all im so relieved everythings fine and my waters werent leaking, as its too early or him to come yet! xxxx

aw what a panic you must have been in! glad to hear it's all okay.

i never knew about the traditional grandmother buying the pram, i got mine free from this woman who is kinda old.. does that count? :D she is someone elses grandmother..

hey girls, i had a panic last night, thought my water was leaking so went to the hospital, where i was there three and a half hours, but it was pretty hectic up there last night apparently loads of women went into labour yesterday, but glad i went found out everything was fine and got to hear my little mans heartbeat, and his daddy got to hear it for the first time, plus the midwife there was brilliant, but all in all im so relieved everythings fine and my waters werent leaking, as its too early or him to come yet! xxxx

Im glad everything was ok! :)

aw what a panic you must have been in! glad to hear it's all okay.

i never knew about the traditional grandmother buying the pram, i got mine free from this woman who is kinda old.. does that count? :D she is someone elses grandmother..

Yeah we'll say that counts! :)

My mum also bought my pram, didnt know it was tradition though, she didnt do it for ym sisters xx

Hmm... we don't have any tradition like that here. I bought my stroller from a friend that I graduated with. But my mom told me to put another one on my baby registry for the shower so that if I get another one, I can take it back to the store and use the money for something I need. Sounds fishy to me.

Probably not likely anyone would get it anyway really but worth a try!

My parents are buying the pram, it's the sort of "done thing" my mums parents bought her pram and so on. But the other side of it is that Awhi's parents buy the cot. I managed to subtly mention this to her and she's going to get it! yay!

Also bid on Moses basket Link to Bassinet/ Moses basket

Cute?

Aww thats lovely! Ive got a second hand cot but im gonna get a small rocking crib too for the first few months because ive not really got a lot of space at the moment to put the cot up. Should have moved by the time she needs the cot though :)

I got a second-hand crib too, but my mommy is buying me a brand new bassinet.

I am getting a second hand moses basket, and gunna buy a new cot..

My mum is completely doing my head in, trying to make all my decisions and just going mad at everything I do. I told her yesterday I had an appointment with the bank in December, two days after I turn eighteen to get my new debit card (that you get when you turn eighteen).. And she was like 'Whats that?' and I said 'The one where you can have an overdraft and actually do direct debits.' (when money comes off your card automatically every month for a phone bill or whatever - I think anyway).. And she just went mad, 'Don't bother getting an overdraft, you've got to bring up a baby. I won't be paying your bills..' I mean when did I even say 'I am going to get a massive overdraft', it just comes with the card the overdraft and depending on your income depends on your overdraft. I think. :S
And before I took my money out of my savings account because there has been problems with getting me a card, they took my booklet away and said they were gunna send me a card.. Well a year later I have no card and I have asked four times so I think there might be an error with it so I took my money out to be safe. And my mum somehow got it and is 'looking after it' in her room.. Including my £500 and my £100 (that my dog gave me for christmas last year before he died (because my brothers xmas present was so much more expensive than mine)) I had £600. And I asked for £280 for my trip to Glasgow on Sunday with my friend, to just get away from here and she gave it to me. Then I asked for the rest, so I can keep it and keep track of what I have and she refused. She won't give it to me. I don't understand why? Whats the point in having the money when I forget I even have it? Grr.

Ahh i hate the trouble with bank accounts changing. Ive got two and one is for savings and one is where my wages go that i spend. The savings one is gonna change too next month when im 18 and ive got to sort that out. And the other one i need to check can do direct debits because ive got to get a proper internet connection after im 18. So much trouble! Dont get why your mum wants to keep it all though. People never learn to manage money if they dont get to keep hold of it!

I got a second hand bouncing chair too for £3. Took it apart and washed it and it looks like new :) Decided to get a small swinging crib too for her because her cot doesnt fit in our room very well so gonna save that until she goes into her own room.

Bank accounts are no where near as much trouble as trying to apply for income support, good luck with that!

I don't see why she wants to keep it either, cause I just forget I have it. And it means that everything I want to buy has to go through her, thats probably why she is doing it. Nosey bitch. Haha.

I've not spoken to her today, just stayed in my room when she came home for lunch.

£3 is goooood! I'm like that too, if I get something second hand I take it all apart and clean it.

Also Holly, is that you and your OH in your picture? What do your tattoos say? (I have been wanting to ask for months, but I kept forgetting..)

I see its gonna be a joy applying for that! I got loads of stuff second hand really. It all looks brand new when its been cleaned and washed :)

Yeah thats us! His says <holly3 and mine says <chad3 basically our names in hearts. He also has Larry underneath my name now (our son we lost in march). Ill get his name too but i got pregnant again so couldnt get it at the same time!

Aww thats so cute. I was totally trying to read them but couldn't make it out! How long have you's been together?
And I am sorry about your previous loss :(

Around a year and a half ish. Known each other a year or two longer than that though but didnt get together for a while.

Aww cute. :) I am sooo bored. Ugh :( The only time I went out the house today was to see my Granny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->