**February Babies**

When I looked at photobucket it wanted me to make an account. I couldn't be bothered :) The midwife just left. She was a crazy little lady.

I said 'Will I get anymore scans?'

She said 'No, not unless there is a problem.. Such as measuring big or less movements.'

I said 'Aw, I love getting scans..'

She said 'Well if you come to me or Claire and say you are not feeling much movements and think you're measuring big; time it for about 34-36 weeks and you might get a scan. Don't go to Brenda though, she is the boss.'

I was like yeees :D Then she said something that sounded an awful like she has been stealing peoples blood..

Haha thats good of her to say. Ughh i hate blood tests, did you have to have one this time?

Yeah, it was like the first lot when they fill up a couple of pots but use the same needle.. However it has never once worked for me and they always have to stab me a few times because they have a problem with the needles. Makes me feel so sick. My hands were sweating..

Also she told me to clench my fist? I swear you are meant to relax, it hurt a lot getting it done..

For blood youre meant to clench it to make the vain pop up. Injections youre meant to relax so the muscle doesnt get in the way and hurt. I never had the first ones. I really hate them. I might get the next ones done though. Depends how strongly she recommends them! She wont try more than twice either. Said to me that she wont do anything she wont have done to herself. So she asks you to come back a week later if she cant get it.

Is that right? Hmm.. It hurt a lot when she was doing it this time. I think it is for the blood glucose level which will tell you whether you have diabeties or not.. I wasn't told not to eat or anything, she didn't prepare me well enough or tell me what they were for.. She asked WHILE SHE WAS TAKING MY BLOOD when the last time I ate was and said 'please let it be a few hours ago', and I automatically thought 'Yeah I had my lunch at one, it's not half three'.. But I just realised I ate a banana and a pancake just before she came in.. Ha, oh oh. If it comes out I have severly high sugar I'll ask to get it retaken..

I just took off my plasters, they were like extremely well stuck on. It was like ripping my skin off.. :(

Wow she didnt prepare you very well! If you push hard on the spot where shes taken the blood from right after with cotton wool it stops it bruising too. My midwife told me these ones will just be a general blood count. But ive got an appointment 3 weeks after so ill find out at the next one and if im not sure ill wait until the next one to get them done.

I hate blood getting taken now. I used to love it but they poked me at every appt for like 3 appts in a row! the first one to see my iron the second to see if my iron changed the 3rd one for the glucose challenge. This time I was an idiot and asked them to do it in my left arm because they always do it in the right one and I bruised up crazy. I never bruise in my right arm. Taught me a lesson. I always try to "help them out" when they are sticking the needle in. I make a fist so they can find the vein easier, then when they have it in I unclench my fist to help the blood flow faster.

I just kept my fist clenched the whole time? She never told me to unclench it, I hate hearing the blood as well, yuuuck.

I look so weird, I have like fake tan on and there is a circle from where it is missing on my arm, thanks to the plaster.. :(

I had one midwife do it and it didn't hurt, it was like a tiny prick. But the others have really hurt me :( There must be a way to do it without hurting people!!

Yeah i think people have different experience or techniques. Ive had loads of horrible ones and a few that have been ok. My flu jab on wednesday hurt and so did my mums, done by the same nurse. Theyre still swollen now. My grandma had one and she said she never felt it and its not got a mark or anything. She had hers done in a different doctors by a different nurse though.

Have added you ReRe!

Cree im sorry! Made me cringe too thinking about it :haha:

Yay! You only have 77 days to go. Ive outgrown a pair of my maternity jeans! They were the expensive ones i treated myself to as well. My hips dont fit in them anymore. My other pair is still fine though!

27 weeks today :) Hello 3rd trimester :)

Hello returned morning sickness already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->