**February Babies**

That's IT! I'm not naming him! I can't cope.
I was so set on naming him after Te Awhiroa (OH) but then heard the name Te Ahi Ka which I loved also and my bloody family keep saying "You can't name him after Awhi"

GrRRRR:dohh:

Thank yous.

Any girls experience muscle spasms EVERYWHERE. I think baby is on a nerve, sometimes I kept random sharp pains in my legs.

Not as such but everything hurts. Got really bad pains in my legs that just feel like pulled muscles

That's IT! I'm not naming him! I can't cope.
I was so set on naming him after Te Awhiroa (OH) but then heard the name Te Ahi Ka which I loved also and my bloody family keep saying "You can't name him after Awhi"

GrRRRR:dohh:

Both are lovely and original. Go with what you want :)

it's gone from twitches once and a while, to constantly.

Perhaps just your LO sitting on a nerve like you said. Have you noticed yourself getting really tired recently? I have the past few weeks and can hardly do anything. Not sure if its normal or i need to get my iron levels checked out or something

hey, sorry not been on here for ages! having massive problems with my internet provider's :growlmad:

for people with rib pains it will just be your litte one sticking its foot/ arm up there, if u think it hurts now, wait til you 30+ weeks!! less room 2 move about means the baby will most probs shove its foot under your ribs

some lovely names im reading, i love the name jack but everyone
s said 2 me "its 2 common" or "if u name him jack i'll have flash backs ov jack from coronation street" :grr: :grr: starting to annoy me no as i dnt really like any other names

waitin 4 sales b4 i buy baby clothes even tho i did buy one outfit from asda other day, only alarming thing is the t-shirt (3-6mnths) was near enough the same size as the t-shirt i brought my litte girl in (9-12mnths) :wacko:

Jack is a lovely name! Im not sure that its common for babies anymore. It was when i was at school but these people are having their own babies now so it probably wont matter as a whole generation passed since it was popular. Jack from coronation street is legendary! Surely thats not a bad thing :haha:

i hateee when people compare names i like to things. if one more person says oliver twist i was punch them! :D

I like Jack and Oliver!! Go with that lol

I would love a name like that but we agreed he'd have a Maori name, gah. Which have on average 100000 syables

All long and super metaphorical.

EG

Te Awhiroa (Tey ah-fee roh-ah) Means the long embrace.

Or Te Ahi Ka (Tey Ah-hee Kah) Means the fire or passion within.

Or they're legendary names which I won't even ATTEMPT to spell haha.
Maori Names

i hateee when people compare names i like to things. if one more person says oliver twist i was punch them! :D

My husband is the WORST at this.

I liked Jacob, he says "Jacob wears makeup"

I liked Ricky, he says "Ricky the dicky"

I liked Dennis, he says "Dennis the Menace"

I AM GOING TO HURT HIM IF WE CANT AGREE ON A NAME ANYTIME SOON!! :grr:

All long and super metaphorical.

EG

Te Awhiroa (Tey ah-fee roh-ah) Means the long embrace.

Or Te Ahi Ka (Tey Ah-hee Kah) Means the fire or passion within.

Or they're legendary names which I won't even ATTEMPT to spell haha.
Maori Names

^^' I love those names, I was considering traditional names Tunica-Biloxi.

Oh wow, those names are so different. Cute. Do you get many people where you live with those names? And seeing as there is spaces between the little words would the first name be like Te? Or is it the whole thing including the spaces?
Yes, I am slow..

My geography teacher was pregnant when I was still in school and our class was going through names for her.. I said Lucas, she would say Mucas.. And so on. She wrecked a lot of my favourite names for me :(
My friend was like 'imagine oliver wants more food, it will be like 'please sir, may i have some more'' i was like 'i doubt he will say those exact words..' she however found it hilarious.

Oh wow, those names are so different. Cute. Do you get many people where you live with those names? And seeing as there is spaces between the little words would the first name be like Te? Or is it the whole thing including the spaces?
Yes, I am slow..

Glad people like the names :D
Not super common for people to have names like that no. Common enough though. Just Maoris tend to (New Zealand natives) but heaps of them have names like Paul or Ryan now haha.

Te is the start of the whole name. The word "Te" Means the. So like Te Awhiroa means Te (The) Awhi (hug) roa (long) or when not specifically translated the long embrace. They have super metaphorical names like that.
So as I still fail at learning Maori it's a pain in the arse!
OH speaks Maori though so he usually just brings me a list and I love them or hate them haha.

I'm a bad one for if I know someone else with that name I'm COMPLETELY put off. I DID like Oliver but my friends son is called Oliver, so obviously out of the question haha

i also don't really consider names that i know someone else is called.. the only oliver i really know of it oliver twist, some womans ferret on tv and thats about it.. :p
i hate it when my friends say they don't like the name. it REALLY doesn't matter what they think, but i want them to keep their opinions to themself. it puts me off a bit.
oliver is genuinely the only name i can see myself calling my baby.. i can't even come up with a back up!
one of my friends actually said 'if you want to call him oliver you'll have to call him like ollie' because she didn't like the name oliver. i was like 'you're a spam.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->