**February Babies**

i also don't really consider names that i know someone else is called.. the only oliver i really know of it oliver twist, some womans ferret on tv and thats about it.. :p
i hate it when my friends say they don't like the name. it REALLY doesn't matter what they think, but i want them to keep their opinions to themself. it puts me off a bit.
oliver is genuinely the only name i can see myself calling my baby.. i can't even come up with a back up!
one of my friends actually said 'if you want to call him oliver you'll have to call him like ollie' because she didn't like the name oliver. i was like 'you're a spam.'

Lol you're a spam!

I really want Oliver now!! :cry:

I'm so bad at this name thing, endless respect for picking one! Lol

my fob said kids use to call this kid named thomas "thomas the bombass" I laughed really hard, people are ********, don't worry about them.

Also, baby was kicking up a storm, but I couldnt go to sleep, but he/she settled down, but when I woke up my whole stomach was soooo sore.

Could it be that baby woke up again while I was sleep?

DazedConfused - are you definately going for a moari name? (i know it's spelt wrong but it's not spelt on this page..)

i used to really like the names lucas, jacob, noah.. and i used to have them? but i have a thing for names you can shorten.. :D soo cute.

@Sentiment Yep could be!

@Lauram Yesss we agreed that if it was a girl it would have an English name and a boy would have a Maori name. And they just sound so pretty and dignified!

I like shortenable names too! my name was always too fail to do that >_> Cree

hm my name can't really be shortened unless i get called lor.. :( you could always make up your own name, then it would sound maori-ish :D te laura sounds good to me :D haha!

Haha OH would have to do it. My Maori is so so so badddd. Mostly house hold Maori and nagging!

Te Whakahokia

That means "Put away the"... :thumbup:

you could think of nice words and find them out in maori then name him that.. for me food is a good word :D

Maori for food = Kai.

He'd be so popular! Lol.

Mmm food. I'm so over being broke and eating soy beans and lentils

Maori for food = Kai.

He'd be so popular! Lol.

Would that turn out as Te Kai? Im a little confused but i like the sound of it! Shame about it meaning food though :haha:

Maori for food = Kai.

He'd be so popular! Lol.

Would that turn out as Te Kai? Im a little confused but i like the sound of it! Shame about it meaning food though :haha:

Oh nope sorry! "Te" means "The" in English. So not all Maori names start with Te. Just the ones have meanings like that.
So another name we liked was Raumoko, which sort of means earthquake baby loosely. So no "Te" in that one.
Kai is a popular name int he UK these days isn't it? Mean fire in Welsh I believe :thumbup:

Yeah i think its pretty common. Ive noticed a few people called kaya and kai and things that sound like that recently. Its all very interesting how these names work! I like how they mean something like that

The whole language is sooo metaphorical! Really interesting. Like you wouldn't say "My son has died" but "A sapling has fallen in my forest" lol. Soo interesting!

That's it, I'm all motivated now to learn Maori properly :thumbup:

Go for it! Though youll just end up completely irritated by people like us on here wanting to know stuff :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->