FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thank you !

How is everyone feeling? I've just come back from a tiring city break and back at work so enjoying being sat down for a while!!

Congrats, feronia...! Half way is amazing...!

I hope The next 20 weeks fly by- i could have sworn the clock has gone backwards at points over the past 3 months!! ;)

Happy late birthday MissEyre! I turn 31 on Friday boooo.

It is definitely exciting to have some team yellows!

Welcome to the group smawfl!

Man I had some killer heart burn last night, was not enjoying that! I've been having such bad headaches over the last week, too. I'm over thinking and stressing about everything, I need to just CHILL OUT and enjoy this pregnancy instead of worrying all the time!!

I have had some bad headaches pop up over the last week or two. I think it may be from some sleepless nights. Sometimes it helps if I drink a ton of water and it usually goes away if I can take a nap.

Hopefully the heartburn is gone Captain!

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I had a lovely day.

Last night I slept with a body pillow for the first time and it really helped so much! I have been waking up with horrible backaches and putting the pillow between my knees, slightly under my belly and hugging it with my arms really seemed to alleviate the strain on my back. Pillow was only 8 bucks too.

Our baby girl today at 22+6 at the heart scan. All was normal! :happydance: :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 9
Are there any teachers on here? I'll be leaving at Christmas, but not starting maternity until the new term in January.

Head started bugging me today for a return date. I've previously said September with the option to extend another term. This was fine last week, but now she wants a firm date. When I said September was more probable, she said if I came back at end or July term I would get full pay not maternity pay during the summer Hols. This is very tempting as I am the major wage earner in our home. Has anyone any idea how long I would have to go back for in July to qualify, or us it even possible? My mum has said she would babysit if it was short term...

Yeah, body pillows are great! I went a bit mad and bought 3 of them from Ikea since they're like $10 each. DH doesn't really like the pillow fort, but toooo bad.

Congrats, Izzie74! I'm so glad everything is well with your rainbow baby. :)
I hope some teachers can answer your question, but I would recommend taking as much time off with your baby as possible. With my daughter, I first though I'd go back at 9 months since it would be better for us financially, but then I took the leap and chose 12 months. The extra months were priceless!

Congrats, Izzie74! I'm so glad everything is well with your rainbow baby. :)
I hope some teachers can answer your question, but I would recommend taking as much time off with your baby as possible. With my daughter, I first though I'd go back at 9 months since it would be better for us financially, but then I took the leap and chose 12 months. The extra months were priceless!

Thank you

At what point did you extend your leave? I'm being given the impression that I have to make the decision now and cannot change it later. :wacko:

Yay Izzie for an awesome scan!

I'm sorry I can't help on the teaching questions, fingers crossed there is an answer here somewhere!

Feronia - Yay glad I'm not the only one, seems Team :yellow: is so rare these days!! Happy 20 weeks :happydance:

Captain - thanks for the welcome! Sorry about your heartburn and headaches, hope you are able to relax a little more.

Izzie - what a great pic! Glad all ok!

In regards to maternity leave, I was no way near ready to go back to work before 12 months. I went back at 15 months as I was fortunate to not have to go back straight away, and I used some annual leave on the end of maternity leave. I might do the same this time round.

I'm not sure how it works with teachers or anyone else that gets enhanced maternity pay but I'm pretty sure in the UK your employers cannot ask you to confirm at the beginning whether or not you are returning. I think you just have to let them know so many weeks before the end. Whatever you tell them now, you can still change your mind anyway as long as you give them the appropriate notice.

Don't know if this will help... https://www.teachers.org.uk/files/maternity-matters-july-2014-edition.doc

Yay for a good scan Izzie! :thumbup:

Yeah, body pillows are great! I went a bit mad and bought 3 of them from Ikea since they're like $10 each. DH doesn't really like the pillow fort, but toooo bad.

I didn't know Ikea sold body pillows! I will have to go get one. Thanks!

I'm not sure how it works with teachers or anyone else that gets enhanced maternity pay but I'm pretty sure in the UK your employers cannot ask you to confirm at the beginning whether or not you are returning. I think you just have to let them know so many weeks before the end. Whatever you tell them now, you can still change your mind anyway as long as you give them the appropriate notice.

Don't know if this will help... https://www.teachers.org.uk/files/maternity-matters-july-2014-edition.doc

Yay for a good scan Izzie! :thumbup:

Thanks for the nut link. Don't know why I didn't look at my unions advice (which is very similar). It is nice not to be so in the dark, but will need to read it more fully in the morning. Thanks again :hugs:

Just noticed my due date on the front - Can you update it to the 28th? My OB mentioned that the other day. I was originally going off an IVF calculator..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->