FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Izzie, I decided to go back after 12 months before I went on mat leave, but I think I could have extended it during my leave if I gave enough notice. I'm in Canada, though, so I'm glad you got some info specific to the UK!

savvy, np! I can really only find info about the pillow here, but it's like $10-$12 and works pretty nicely: https://m.info.ikea.us/(S(yhjjkl55a...198&storeName=&productDesc=RANSBY+body+pillow I think it's called the Ransby.

Wow, I'm so jealous of everyone getting up to a year of maternity leave!! I will only get maybe 6-12 WEEKS, and most likely on the shorter end. But when I go back I will do my best to not over-work myself so I can spend as much time with LO as possible. It would be so much less tempting to quit my job if they gave me a little more time off after the baby! But I have no choice, I can't quit. :(

I feel the same, Megan. :( I'll only get 12-14 weeks. So it's hard to hear people say they couldn't have gone back sooner than 12 months. I'd love to still be in Australia and get 12 months' leave!

Maternity leave (and let's throw in all holiday benefits etc!) in the US is horrendous! :( my husband has just gotten up to 4 weeks annual leave after 10 yrs at the same company... 4 weeks is the statutory minimum in the UK! I also don't think that you get the best out of people by overworking them... but yes, maternity leave in particular is shameful and creates stress for the whole family, when you shouldn't have to worry about those kinds of things.

I am so sorry, maternity leave in the US is horrible. It's no wonder the US has a horrendous breastfeeding rate when they make mothers go back to work so soon after giving birth. Ugh!

Hi Ladies, can I join you?

Due 27th February with my second baby :) Currently have a 2 year old girl who will be 2.5 when this one is born! :)

Hope everyone is well!

Welcome!!! My DD will be 2.5 when this baby is born too! :)

Great scan Izzie!

So today we went to Fabric Land and got some material to make sheets for Catelyn's bed! Then whilst hubby was in physiotherapy I snuck over to Value Village and got a big bag full of new born clothes for $30, love that place! I was going to take a picture to show y'all but I left my phone up at the car and I'm laying on the couch after cooking supper so eff that! It's staying there! You can just all imagine my baby bed sheets and pretty onesies :haha:

Ugh, I have food poisoning. I was really stupid and ate at a vegetarian place where I got food poisoning in February and ended up hospitalized for dehydration. I've been vomiting for a few hours and can't keep anything down. My midwife said to take gravol if it gets really bad and go to the hospital in the morning if I can't keep any food down then... :(

Oh Feronia, how unpleasant. :( Stay hydrated as much as you can, and do go to the hospital if you don't improve. :hugs:

Get better soon, Feronia! ...And I hope that place goes out of business! Food poisoning twice in a few months does not bode well for them!!

Rest up, and take care of yourself :hugs:

Very impressed by you making crib sheets, captain! I will make a play blanket, but am not sure I could handle elasticated sheets ;) you will have to put a picture up of the finished product! I soooooo wish I was skilled enough to make her some little outfits... But I know that is well beyond my abilities.

I hope your worries have passed. I was on cloud 9 after our scan, but felt some worry creeping back in today. I am just trying to stay positive and enjoy the little things along the way. I am guessing I will be worried up until she is in my arms, but I have to not let it be overwhelming. I hope you are feeling better now than you were earlier :hugs:

Feel better soon feronia! Food poisoning is one of the worst things ever in my book!!!!

Surprise, the worry does not stop ever again! Lol.... with ds1 i thought "oh I'll feel better after 1st tri" then oh I'll worry less after my scan, then I'll worry less after delivery... Then I'll worry less after sids risk goes down...Then I'll worry less when he's bigger and choking/accidental drowning/insert worry here isn't a big risk.....lol!!!! It never ends....

Totally agree! The worrying starts once you get your BFP... And doesn't stop in my opinion! Part and parcel of being a mother :)

Feronia I hope it is soon out of your system :( look after yourself xx

Ugh, I have food poisoning. I was really stupid and ate at a vegetarian place where I got food poisoning in February and ended up hospitalized for dehydration. I've been vomiting for a few hours and can't keep anything down. My midwife said to take gravol if it gets really bad and go to the hospital in the morning if I can't keep any food down then... :(
I can sympathise completely, if you start vomiting more than you can drink or you start vomiting Green bile etc or have tummy pain definitely go straight to the hospital.
Xx

Oh no Feronia, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you called them and told them they got a pregnant woman sick. They should feel terrible. Unfortunately a lot of these restaurants don't take food poisoning complaints seriously but hopefully they have good owners who will have a serious look at their staff and food prep methods. I'd also be leaving a bad (honest) review on their website. I hope you are better ASAP!

How are you doing today, Feronia?

SurpriseBub, I think I might be even more worried when they're outside me! Well, a different kind of worry. My current worry is a 'I can't see what's happening and there's nothing I can do' sort of worry. When I actually have two newborns, it's going to be a 'I have no idea what I'm doing, why are they crying, am I doing this all wrong' sort of worry. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->