FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Great news, Izzie! :) Congrats on V-day, shell!

xxyjadexx, have you read about potentially birthing on all fours without an epidural to lessen your risk of shoulder dystocia or resolve one if it occurs? I don't know the specifics of your last births, but I figured I'd mention it in case you haven't read about other options.

So exciting we are getting to v-days!! Time is going so fast though, we will have our bubbas here before we know it.

Hey ladies sorry I've haven't been on for awhile just trying to balance school and work. I caught a really bad cold and I can't seem to get rid of it because I don't want to take any medicines or anything. Is their anything I could take , now my allergies are just really messed up bad (stuffy nose, runny eyes and nose, sneezing, and can't smell anything). Help, I hate feeling like this and I'm worried about baby. Thanks 😷

I'm right there with you, my throat is so sore, i'm taking paracetamol (i think it's called something different in the USA beginning with Ty??), hot honey and lemon toddy (without the toddy lol) 'locket' lozenges and eating pineapple (it's a natural anti inflammatory apparently) i'm so tired i just need it to go now i'm fed up! x Hope you feel better soon x

Seems unreal we are hitting v days... huge congratulations!!!! I guess that means every day for the next few weeks somebody will cross that threshold. :)

Congrats on all the gender reveals!!! And good scan news, izzie :) my husband jokes that there is going to be an imbalance of genders as everyone we know (including us!) Has recently had/is having a girl... looks like this group is slowly getting lots of girls, too!!

Hey ladies sorry I've haven't been on for awhile just trying to balance school and work. I caught a really bad cold and I can't seem to get rid of it because I don't want to take any medicines or anything. Is their anything I could take , now my allergies are just really messed up bad (stuffy nose, runny eyes and nose, sneezing, and can't smell anything). Help, I hate feeling like this and I'm worried about baby. Thanks 😷

I'm right there with you, my throat is so sore, i'm taking paracetamol (i think it's called something different in the USA beginning with Ty??), hot honey and lemon toddy (without the toddy lol) 'locket' lozenges and eating pineapple (it's a natural anti inflammatory apparently) i'm so tired i just need it to go now i'm fed up! x Hope you feel better soon x

Aww hope you feel better as well, thanks. I think you may be talking about the medicine tynenol.

Aww feel better soon dcm and shells. The only thing that helped me fight off my cold while pregnant was tons of fluids and resting a lot. Luckily my 13mo was sick with me so we mainly laid around the house. The other thing is saline nasal spray. It really helped me and is 100% safe.

My vday today too!!! I'm so happy and amazed to be this far! When i first got my hcg drawn this pregnancy, my gyn (not the ob I'm seeing now) told me it was probably just an early miscarriage. Then making it through bleeding at 6-8 weeks with sch, being able to hold off on a blood transfusion so far... ah!!!!! So exciting and emotional today!

Surprise, when i had my son everyone around me had boys too! Maybe it's a girl year? :)

I am feeling like crap lately! Thursday my hemoglobin was 9.4 so it's gone down a lot. I'm taking my vitamins, but the only way I'll really be able to go back up is a transfusion. I know I'm not super low now, but I've been anemic for the past 16 weeks and its just taking a toll! Contractions (probably from irritable uterus) have been keeping me up at night which isn't helping.

Also my skin looks like crap! Anyone else?

Sorry for the brief whine!

Enjoyed all your bump pics!

Aww feel better soon dcm and shells. The only thing that helped me fight off my cold while pregnant was tons of fluids and resting a lot. Luckily my 13mo was sick with me so we mainly laid around the house. The other thing is saline nasal spray. It really helped me and is 100% safe.

My vday today too!!! I'm so happy and amazed to be this far! When i first got my hcg drawn this pregnancy, my gyn (not the ob I'm seeing now) told me it was probably just an early miscarriage. Then making it through bleeding at 6-8 weeks with sch, being able to hold off on a blood transfusion so far... ah!!!!! So exciting and emotional today!

Surprise, when i had my son everyone around me had boys too! Maybe it's a girl year? :)

I am feeling like crap lately! Thursday my hemoglobin was 9.4 so it's gone down a lot. I'm taking my vitamins, but the only way I'll really be able to go back up is a transfusion. I know I'm not super low now, but I've been anemic for the past 16 weeks and its just taking a toll! Contractions (probably from irritable uterus) have been keeping me up at night which isn't helping.

Also my skin looks like crap! Anyone else?

Sorry for the brief whine!

Enjoyed all your bump pics!

Thanks a lot ttc, is there a specific brand of nasal spray I should be looking for or it doesn't really matter?

Btw congrats on your v-day !! :) as far as the skin issue, I sometimes have crappy looking skin and notices peelings sometimes.

Simply Saline is a safe brand to use in pregnancy, it even says so on the label. It worked wonders for me when I was sick and worked better than the Neti Pot because I was so blocked up, the Neti Pot wouldn't even go through my nasal passages. I also slept with Breathe Right strips which saved me during the night.

Paracetamol=Tylenol in the US. Safe for pregnancy and helps reduce fever if you have it. Otherwise, lots of fluids (not just water, try Gatorade too) and I also go for a packet of Emergen-C every time I feel a cold creeping back in... and for sore throat definitely gargle salt water.

Dcm, just a saline nasal spray. I got the generic Walgreens brand. The only thing is you have to make sure it's just saline as some medicated brands are not recommended for pregnancy.

You can also make your own saline wash with warm water and some plain salt and a pinch of baking soda, put it in a small cup, bring it to your nose and inhale gently. It's sort of gross and will come out your mouth, but it helps a lot!

Congrats ttc126! I can't wait until I'm a few more weeks as well, and I totally know what you mean. I was also told I was miscarrying early on, then was given a 50/50 chance when I was bleeding at 6 weeks (then a bit at 8). So getting this far is definitely an accomplishment!

I'm on 10mg of cetirizine hydrochloride (Zyrtec) and have been since before I became pregnant this time. Wasn't on it last pregnancy and I was in agony and nearly developed a sinus infection (which I have every year without fail if I don't take my allergy meds). Cetirizine is considered as safe as any medication can be during pregnancy, but speak to your doctor/midwife/ob before you take it, even though you can get it over the counter. Doesn't hurt to run things past them, especially if you're on any other medications. Hope that helps!

I'm feeling really fed up today :nope: My shingles rash is spreading and blistering so, not only is it painful and itchy, I am also sickened just looking at it! The fact that it could spread for 7-10 days and then take another 10-14 days to dry up (not to mention the weeks or months recovering from residual pain and irritation) is just getting me down because I don't know where it will end! I'm questioning whether my decision to carry on breastfeeding my DD has caused this by making me run down (although she only feeds twice a day) or whether it's a combination of pregnancy, anaemia and having a cold or even just 'one of those things'. Was just starting to enjoy this pregnancy too! :cry: (Sorry for the moan!)

Happy V-day ladies, time is really flying! x

I'm feeling really fed up today :nope: My shingles rash is spreading and blistering so, not only is it painful and itchy, I am also sickened just looking at it! The fact that it could spread for 7-10 days and then take another 10-14 days to dry up (not to mention the weeks or months recovering from residual pain and irritation) is just getting me down because I don't know where it will end! I'm questioning whether my decision to carry on breastfeeding my DD has caused this by making me run down (although she only feeds twice a day) or whether it's a combination of pregnancy, anaemia and having a cold or even just 'one of those things'. Was just starting to enjoy this pregnancy too! :cry: (Sorry for the moan!)

Happy V-day ladies, time is really flying! x

:hugs: feel better soon. I am sure it isn't fun at any time, but especially not when pregnant. I would guess that the pregnancy makes any illness like that worse because our immune systems have already been lowered. I hope that you turn a corner soon, and from there recovery is super quick! You are more than warranted in some complaining!! I am sure that It sucks!

How was your baby shower melly? Any games? Super sweet gifts from anyone? I bet it would have been emotional!! :)

Happy V-day ladies! So exciting!

Vday is the day baby is considered viable outside the womb although we really want them to cook longer. :)

Anatomy scan in 2 days! Can't wait to see my baby boy again!

22 weeks today, 2 weeks to viability! Seems crazy that I'm soon to hit that point! Where has time gone?!

Feeling exhausted, sore and lazy today. We had a long day today, traveling 2 hours each direction for a family baby shower. Was so worth it, but still, tiresome! Now I need a weekend just to recover from my weekend. :rofl:

Took pics of my best friend's family today and had her take a few of my growing little family. :)

Here is my DH, DD, and I. 21 weeks 1 day bump. (Ps this is a pic of the back of my camera. Wanted to share a little preview)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 19
jmandrews- adorable! I like the effect of the photo even if you didn't do it on purpose, lol. Do you dye your hair while pregnant? I haven't done mine yet and would like to soon but kept putting it off because I wasn't totally sure if I felt safe doing it. Then again, I use all sorts of cleaning products in the house so it's probably no less safe than that, lol!

Congratulations to everyone reaching viability day! That must feel very relieving. :D :hugs:

SurpriseBub, thank you, the shower was lots of fun! Great food, fun games, about the right mix of good advice and horror stories :lol: We did get some lovely presents, including some nice prints for the nursery and a huuuuuuge sock monkey doll. Plus some lovely children's books which everyone left nice messages in, which we will take with us to the east coast shower and get people to add more messages there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->