FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks ladies! I'm excited to have made some progress, since we dragged our feet awhile with name-choosing. LOL. We were torn between two names, but that's the one my husband really loved. So now, let the middle name discussions commence!

jmandrews- adorable! I like the effect of the photo even if you didn't do it on purpose, lol. Do you dye your hair while pregnant? I haven't done mine yet and would like to soon but kept putting it off because I wasn't totally sure if I felt safe doing it. Then again, I use all sorts of cleaning products in the house so it's probably no less safe than that, lol!

Thank you! :)
Yes I get my hair high lighted. The products used are safe. Just talk to your hair stylist. They should know what's safe and not safe. :) I don't think dying your hair has been found to be harmful. I did it with DD too and she is 100% healthy.

jmandrews- thanks! I dye my own hair. I spend money on a lot of things in life, but dying hair is not one of them, since I don't ever go lighter, I just go with a nicer shade of warm brown. I might do it soon.

Swan- awesome!! Lucas is our #1 choice as well. But we keep feeling like we won't be totally sure until he's born. But hey at least I know we aren't alone in loving the name Lucas! My DH keeps saying he wants to just make him a Jr, but I can't stand the idea of having two with the same name in the house. Even though I like his name. I am kinda ready to just be done thinking about it and name him Lucas already, but my husband is so indecisive!!!

I'm starting to think about when I'll have my baby shower! My friend is throwing it (sorta, me and her together since I have to do a lot of the planning anyway) and I'm thinking Nov 23, which looks like the best day for everyone at my job. Our work schedule is nuts. I feel bad stealing people away from their families during a day off but oh well!!

Aww its so exciting choosing names! We have sort of chosen isabelle but not 100%, i think its a lovely name and dont think it sounds too bad against our sons name (charlie) but i dont think it sounds right at all with our surname which begins with f (not sure if i am allowed to post on here or not). Anyone got any other girls names they could suggest?

I love Isabelle, Christina :)

Okay, been getting leaky breasts the last couple of days, eek!

I love Isabelle too! It's beautiful. I think posting your last name is a personal choice of privacy or not.

Leaky breasts? Is that common this early on? I'm definitely going to be a bit shocked when that starts happening to me, lol. I am definitely all up for breastfeeding but until it happens, I won't be 100% comfortable with the idea- it's just new and craaaaazy how our bodies do that! I guess it's just one of those things you do when it's time to do it.

Where I can feel movement I would never had said these two were head down lol they have been transverse for so long I didn't think they would ever move positions. If they stay like this I'll be happy :) means I don't have to have c section!

That would be awesome Shells! Hopefully they stay perfect in there!

Melly, that is awesome your appointment is tomorrow! Funny how we all ended up with appointments so close. My next appointment is November 11th.

Swan, I love the name Lucas!

My update: A is still breech and B was laying straight across with her feet towards A. Both are still girls! Both are 1lb 5oz!

Also saw my OB today, she said everything looked great from the reports and my results were the best she has seen all day! I am so happy that both babies are dong well.

I love Isabelle too! It's beautiful. I think posting your last name is a personal choice of privacy or not.

Leaky breasts? Is that common this early on? I'm definitely going to be a bit shocked when that starts happening to me, lol. I am definitely all up for breastfeeding but until it happens, I won't be 100% comfortable with the idea- it's just new and craaaaazy how our bodies do that! I guess it's just one of those things you do when it's time to do it.

I'm not sure how common it is this early on, I'm not worried but I will bring it up at my appointment on Friday. It really is crazy how much our bodies are changing!

Leaky breasts are normal at this point, but if you don't see it now, don't worry either. It just means that your body has started to produce colostrum. I've noticed that I can squeeze some out now, which makes me super happy since DD is still nursing so I'm glad to know she's getting some nutrition and antibodies out of it now!

Yay for the positive appointments! Happy thanksgiving to other Canadians! I made vegan stuffing, a lentil harvest salad, and an apple pie. :haha:

Megan: Ahh, name twins! It's a good name. :) ;) We have been leaning toward Lucas for awhile but my husband kept teetering back and forth. I didn't want to push it since he, like your husband, is a bit indecisive. But he finally committed! LOL. I am still struggling with a middle name though. >.<

Leaky breasts are normal at this point, but if you don't see it now, don't worry either. It just means that your body has started to produce colostrum. I've noticed that I can squeeze some out now, which makes me super happy since DD is still nursing so I'm glad to know she's getting some nutrition and antibodies out of it now!

Yay for the positive appointments! Happy thanksgiving to other Canadians! I made vegan stuffing, a lentil harvest salad, and an apple pie. :haha:

Thanks Feronia! As it's thanksgiving I'm grateful for...let's see...your advice!! Your dinner sounds yummy, I made a traditional British dinner yesterday instead, any excuse for one of my most missed meals from back home!! :haha:

Was It beef wellington, captain? I have never managed to make that myself but that is absolutely my favorite British meal. :)

Can you 'miss' a meal that you had twice in 4 years in London?!

Beautiful name Swan, that would have been high on our original list if it wasn't for a close family member with the name already! One of the few that OH didn't veto!

Happy thanksgiving Canadians!

Happy Thanksgiving! I got lots of belly touching weekend! Haha

Totally normal to happen this early! I think on the NHS website it says that they can start at either 14-16 weeks, but lots of women never leak, which is normal too! Mine have been going since 16 weeks (21 weeks now), and I find that it's much worse when I'm wearing my dressing gown because I can't tell that I'm leaking! It's a bit sad that I can tell how hydrated I am by how much I'm leaking, lol!

I've not got leaky boobs yet and I never did with my daughter either.

I am so swollen, my hands are so bad, I can't get my wedding ring on, only my engagement ring!

Has anyone noticed reduced movements for their baby? I have so I called the midwife and she said it was normal around 23-24 weeks, they grow loads so sleep more. I'm still a bit concerned though, so might call her again to see if I can get a scan or get her to use the doppler.

There's so many posts to go through after being away for the weekend...
It's great to come back to (mostly) good news. Congrats on gender reveals and V-days. When is V-day exactly? For some it's 24 weeks, for some even earlier. I consider 25 weeks as V-day myself.
I had my anatomy scan on Friday and the baby is perfect. But my baby girl grew an extra organ since the NT scan so it looks like my son is getting a baby brother instead.
Ras, please delete one :pink: on the list and add :blue:.

Katy - I bet that was a bit of a shock? Hopefully you don't have much to return/exchange?

Mrspoodle - I had a lot of water retention and swelling with ds, not so much this time thankfully. Do mention it to your midwife though. I had a bit of reduced movement but I think baby has just changed schedule, I've blanked out a lot of the movement and only notice the big kicks now.

Surprise bub - I did a beef Wellington(I think it has french origins? ) pre pregnancy and it was truly devine. My dad does a good one too, it's actually quite easy If you follow a good recipe but can be expensive to make.

Captain- what did you cook?

... leaky boobs, this is me already too, since very early actually.

Xx

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of the Canadians. :)

Mrs. Poodle - The swelling must be frustrating!

Katy - Congrats on the baby boy. As Raspberry said, hope it wasn't too shocking.

I would really like to have a natural childbirth, assuming everything goes well. (I totally respect those of you who aren't interested or obviously can't have a natural childbirth. Childbirth is so personal!) I'm reading 'Ina May's Guide to Childbirth'. I had been waffling back and forth about where to give birth. I live in Quebec, but on the border with Ontario. The health system in Ontario, compared to that of my city in Quebec, is excellent. (There is a real doctor shortage. E.g. my family doctor is in Ontario, because I have been on a waitlist for one in Quebec for 2.5 years. My inlaws have been on waitlists for various routine procedures for years.) However, I can't get a free midwife in Ontario, but I can in Quebec. When I was pregnant last year (miscarried) my OH and I visited the birthing center here on the Quebec side, and were excited to give birth either there or with one of their midwives at the local hospital. However, because of the miscarriage, I found an excellent ob in Ontario and ended up there again this time because of spotting/sch early in this pregnancy, all of which is now cleared up. I'm also over 35, so was happy knowing I have a competent ob who specializes in high risk care. (I'm not high risk though.) I discussed a natural birth with her and she was supportive and said it was feasible at the hospital where I would deliver. I was also going to get a doula. (She also said that I only have a one in ten chance of delivering my baby with her.) However, Ina May's book inspired me to look up c-section rates at the hospital... 35-40%!!! :wacko:In fairness, half of those are elective, and they take all of the region's high risk pregnancies. But still - 20% of the remaining 80% are c-sections! As well, only 5% are natural births! (I think the stat in Ina May's book is 1% for c-sections!!!) So I'm calling the birthing center ('maison de naissance') this morning!!! However, if any of you have any have any thoughts on all of this, please share!

Just to update, I called the birthing center and there is a waitlist for February with a few people ahead of me. So I may not have a choice. I'm seeing if I can get an Ontario midwife and what cost would be.

Wow, katy! Congratulations on your little boy! Did they say at the NT scan that they were pretty sure it was a girl? Or did they just think it looked that way?? I am sure it is a shock!!

Raspberry- I had Beef Wellington at a fancy Christmas do, and the colleague next to me went on and on about how quintessentially British it is. I feel deceived- haha!! ;) I am super impressed you made your own...! I am quietly confident I would not do justice to the expensive ingredients if I tried!!

Huckleberry- I would like a natural labour, but being a first timer I will be pretty open minded!! I am most comfortable being in a hospital in case of an emergency, but in particular if all is going well, I would like avoid an epidural. At the end of the day, though- I will see what happens and let myself do whatever is best for baby and I :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->