FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Wow, katy! Congratulations on your little boy! Did they say at the NT scan that they were pretty sure it was a girl? Or did they just think it looked that way?? I am sure it is a shock!!

I have the same question!! How sure were they at the NT scan? My boy is definitely a boy, but my girl is only 80% sure girl, so I'm a little nervous that she'll arrive as a he and we won't have a name for her/him. :lol:

I had my check-up this morning, Sheila (Baby A) is now head down - HOORAY!!! Now please stay that way, bubba. Bruce (Baby B) is still breech. So they've both flipped at least once in the last four weeks.

huckleberrry, I'm re-reading Ina May's Guide to Pregnancy for the second time, and it really is a great resource. I would personally pay out of pocket for an Ontario midwife if I couldn't get into the birthing centre in Quebec. Ontario midwifes are excellent and they've been integrated into the Canadian system the longest! I'm applying to midwifery programs in BC and Ontario this year. :)

I personally feel that age is used too often to turn a normal pregnancy into a high risk pregnancy, so I would (again personally) want a midwife especially if I were older than 35 when more excuses for intervention are commonly used. Ahh, 35-40% is really a horrible c-section rate! I would be really wary of that because it shows that they will resort to c-sections much earlier than other places, and many of those "elective" c-sections I'm guessing are pressured by care providers who prefer to work them into their schedule... that happens quite often!

When did your SCH resolve? I also had a SCH in early pregnancy that has resolved and I am not considered high risk in any way. I'm still aiming for a home birth!

Oh wow Katy! Congrats on the now baby boy. :)
How many weeks are you when you have the NT scan?

Had my anatomy scan this morning. 21 weeks 3 days. Brecken is still a HE and most importantly healthy. He was so cute kicking and opening his little mouth. Comparing ultrasound pics with my DD I think they look different. He weighs about a pound! Seemed big to me for 21 weeks.
I've gained 10 lbs in 5.5 weeks! Yikes!

Here's a pic of my little big guy :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
SurpriseBub & Raspberry, I made a traditional Sunday roast! Chicken, stuffing, potatoes, carrots, peas and some yorkshires! Yum!!

Awesome pic, jm! My OB keeps giving me face-on creepy skull shots, and I am pleased for anything I get so I hate being greedy and being like "Could you please give me a profile shot?!" Maybe I will be brave and ask next time. :lol:

jm, great scan! I have gained 7 pounds in 4.5 weeks and asked the OB if my weight gain was okay and she told me not to worry. I am up about 10-11 pounds since before I got pregnant. Also both of my twins weigh 1lb 5 oz at 23 weeks - so it seems like 1lb at 21 weeks should be a good size!

melly, the tech gave me a creepy skull shot yesterday...my husband and I joked that B was ready for halloween! :) I would definitely ask for a profile shot next time, just say that you don't have one and would appreciate one for the baby album! I told the tech we didn't get a good profile of A last time and she printed me out two for both of them this time. I was almost tempted to ask for the shot she took of my cervix but decided that was probably way too weird of a request! lol! :)

Great news on the great scans ladies! So good to see all these healthy babies x

Melly great news your Sheila is head down :) Still time for your Bruce to flip. I'm excited both of mine are head down but i know the chances are slim of them staying that way lol x

I won't be getting any more pictures from my scans - apparently the hospital won't issue them after 20 weeks (even though i would be paying for them) might have to pay for a private one just for one more set of pictures.

SurpriseBub & Raspberry, I made a traditional Sunday roast! Chicken, stuffing, potatoes, carrots, peas and some yorkshires! Yum!!

Love a good roast, pork, stuffing, red cabbage is what we had on Sunday. Beef and yorkshires this coming weekend.

Surprise - there's every chance I'm wrong and Wellington is English, but I presumed what with the traditional foie gras pate and often wrapped in a crepe (I wrap in parma ham, that it was a version of an en croute.

I really like cooking and have had some masterpieces, equally some absolute disasters.

Xx

Love a good roast, pork, stuffing, red cabbage is what we had on Sunday. Beef and yorkshires this coming weekend.

Surprise - there's every chance I'm wrong and Wellington is English, but I presumed what with the traditional foie gras pate and often wrapped in a crepe (I wrap in parma ham, that it was a version of an en croute.

I really like cooking and have had some masterpieces, equally some absolute disasters.

Xx

I was curious, so I looked it up... Beef Wellington is kind of English, but pretty much stolen from France. ;) i had never had braised cabbage before going to the uk, but I love it!! Your roasts sound super tasty!

I like to cook a lot, but haven't had much motivation since being pregnant. Annoying when nutrition is so important now- its just that i still get queasy doing food prep if it takes a while. My oh has also been away, and I always made pretty simple stuff when I was not married and living in a sharehouse/cooking for one. I have been trying to meet some basic nutrition goals- still feel I need more protein and calcium, but I never feel like eating those things :S

Just saying, you all are making me hungry in this thread right now! :rofl:

Melly – Glad your checkup went well and that Sheila has flipped.

SurpriseBub – I agree, I plan on staying open minded in case things don’t go as I hope they will!

JM – Brecken is very cute. :)

Melly – I don’t understand the obsession with skull pics!!! Our technician at 12 week scan was very proud of the ‘alien face’ shots she got for us. We just wanted the cute profile ones!

Feronia – That’s really cool that you’re applying to midwifery programs! It seems like a really interesting profession, well vocation, really! Good luck with your applications. Re sch, I had my last scan around 19 weeks, and my doctor said that there was no sign of it on the scan. My last spotting was probably about 4 weeks before that. (It was always small and my ob didn’t seem worried. It did lead to a misdiagnosis of a uti – by an ER doctor, not my ob – and I took a round of antibiotics unnecessarily, grr.) Has yours cleared up? I don’t know a lot about c-sections, but 35-40% seems ridiculous!!! I’m worried about what you say re pressure to have unnecessary interventions. If the midwife route doesn’t work out, I’ll at least go armed with a doula. I also was doing some research online over the weekend on hypnobirthing vs hypnobabies and think I’m going to take the online hypnobabies course. :)

Those of you who’ve had Yorkshire pudding this weekend, you’re making me crave it! My dad was from London, and they make me think of my childhood. Haven’t had them in a while and am going to have to make some!

Feronia – That’s really cool that you’re applying to midwifery programs! It seems like a really interesting profession, well vocation, really! Good luck with your applications. Re sch, I had my last scan around 19 weeks, and my doctor said that there was no sign of it on the scan. My last spotting was probably about 4 weeks before that. (It was always small and my ob didn’t seem worried. It did lead to a misdiagnosis of a uti – by an ER doctor, not my ob – and I took a round of antibiotics unnecessarily, grr.) Has yours cleared up? I don’t know a lot about c-sections, but 35-40% seems ridiculous!!! I’m worried about what you say re pressure to have unnecessary interventions. If the midwife route doesn’t work out, I’ll at least go armed with a doula. I also was doing some research online over the weekend on hypnobirthing vs hypnobabies and think I’m going to take the online hypnobabies course. :)

Thanks! :) I have no idea when my SCH cleared up, but I haven't had spotting or cramping since 8 weeks and I haven't had any scans since, so who knows really! Sorry about the misdiagnosis -- that's frustrating. I totally think going with a doula is a great idea if you can't get a midwife or birthing centre birth. I did HypnoBirthing last time (Self study with the book+CD), and it was really wonderful. This time I'm trying HypnoBabies like you, but only with the CDs since I was able to get a hold of those. So far, I like them a lot better than the HypnoBirthing CD! They're sooooo relaxing.

Jm, lovely scan :).
Yes, finding out our baby was a boy was a shock. But we're getting used to it. Now to pick his name...
NT is supposed to be 80% correct when it comes to determining the gender. But the Dr was 100% wrong with both our boys.

Awww man! They got it wrong BOTH times? How unlucky!

Jm, lovely scan :).
Yes, finding out our baby was a boy was a shock. But we're getting used to it. Now to pick his name...
NT is supposed to be 80% correct when it comes to determining the gender. But the Dr was 100% wrong with both our boys.

I am sure it is just strange to find out you were imagining the wrong thing all these weeks! I guess this is why they really shouldn't say anything until later on. Boo for being told the wrong thing, but a big fat yay! For a second little boy :) it will be lovely for your sons to grow up together.

Anyone else a little bit breathless these days? I'm not concerned as it isn't bad, but have noticed it today. It does just feel like my whole tummy is too full up for me to take a completely full deep breath. Seemingly ANOTHER weird and normal pregnancy thing?

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a219/breathlessness-in-pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->