FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Feronia - thankfully, she said she didn't feel any effacement. Just mentioned it was softer than she expected - but that since she never checked it before, she had nothing for comparison.

Tbh I am so sensitive in there I don't want anyone or anything in there. I truly wonder if I'm developing an infection. It's very sensitive. :( hopefully tomorrow they'll have an answer for me about that!

swan, good that you're paying attention, and do go back if you're worried. I've had a pretty substantial increase in discharge in the last week, quite watery and sweet/semeny smelling. Starting to get a little concerned about the volume - I flooded the panty liner I was wearing this morning within about two hours, whereas previously a panty liner had been fine for the level of discharge I was having. Yesterday I flooded through my underpants and pants (hence wearing the panty liner today).

swan, fingers crossed about your results tomorrow! It's good you're getting it looked into.

minibump, so sorry about your fall! Glad your baby is okay and that you were right there to get checked out.

That sounds a lot like what happened to me (BV), melly- sudden increase etc. I would suggest calling/getting in to see your dr. They can test for amniotic fluid to put your mind at ease, and if it is an infection they just need to do a swab and will give you antibiotics :flower: Also- if ever you are really worried just go to the ER. Better safe than sorry etc.

Thanks SurpriseBub. In L&D now getting checked out! Hopefully for nothing/an infection/incontinence rather than amniotic fluid!

Thanks SurpriseBub. In L&D now getting checked out! Hopefully for nothing/an infection/incontinence rather than amniotic fluid!

Wishing you good news! It is a nerve wracking place to be, but definitely the best place you can be if you are worried. Hope it all goes well :)

Looks like an infection, she said there were lots of white blood cells and everything was quite red and swollen (most painful speculum exam ever!). She sent off some cultures but in the meantime she's prescribed me a course of antibiotics. She checked my cervical length which was 'nice and long' and checked the fluids levels around the babies and they looked fine, they're both head down now - stay there please! :lol:

That sounds great, melly. :) Good to know where you stand and most importantly that nothing major is going on. :) you pretty much got told exactly what I did. Boo but yay for just an infection.

I didn't want to make this joke before when you were waiting to be seen, but now all is well: Ahhhh, pregnancy... surely the only time in your life when you whole heartedly hope you might be pissing yourself! ;)

Hahaha seriously! I was laughing at the doctor and saying I wasn't sure what I was hoping for more - incontinence or an infection, as long as it wasn't amniotic fluid! When else are you ever hoping for incontinence or an infection?! :lol:

Ah Melly that made me chuckle but so glad all is well!!

Lol Surprise and Melly, you guys are funny :) Melly I'm glad to hear you're getting it taken care of and it wasn't anything more serious!

Wow I have fallen so far behind. So sorry. It's been a crazy week. I'll try to catch up later. Today taking my DD to the zoo with a friend. :)
I photographed a newborn yesterday and I am incredibly sore! My back and legs hurt so bad.
23 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 14 lbs which seems to be about the same as with my DD. I can see my baby boy bouncing around in my belly now although this week he has been somewhat quiet. Maybe a growth spurt?
Hope all is well with everyone! Have a great Friday and weekend.

Lol. Too funny and so true. I hope everyone who has infections clears up soon without problems.

LOL. Melly. Things you never ever expect yourself to think: "I hope I just peed myself." That was me all week until I went and got checked LOL.

Glad they got you in and are treating your infection!

Glad to hear everything is okay Melly!

Swan, I hope you are doing okay.

Pregnancy is funny...my friend warned me a while back that I would most likely pee myself a bit if I laughed, coughed, etc. Oh the joys! :)

Still no news on my labs. Lame! She had hoped they'd be in by today but looks like waiting until Monday unless they manage to call her tomorrow.

That sucks, swan. :( do you feel any better? Did they send you away with antibiotics or would they only prescribe something after the swab comes back? Hope whatever is going on, you are feeling better!

But I wanted to also say, my friend on FB swears by this- to keep mustard accessible and whenever a leg cramp comes on, have a teaspoon of mustard and it should make the pain go away faster. I have no clue if it works, but this lady swears it does. My mom had them during pregnancy and she says having a glass of milk before bed helps prevent them (but I can't really stomach milk). And of course the typical "eat a banana" (or prunes which have more potassium but not many people know that) and drink water... it does sound like a certain balance of minerals and nutrients in your body plays a role in getting leg cramps, but it's not an exact science.

My mom has horrid leg cramps, and always keeps a few sachets of the powdered Propel stuff in her pocket or beside her chair she sits in at home and beside her bed. Half a pack into a glass of water and the cramp stops about 5-6 minutes after she's got it down. Her docs have said that the quinine in it is what helps, just don't go overboard with it. Staying hydrated definitely helps, and when you're hurting, nearly anything is worth a shot so long as it doesn't put you or baby at risk!

Sorry that I've been missing for a few days, had 10 pages to catch up on today! I've been in hospital for 3 days and 2 nights - was finally able to come home yesterday afternoon. Went in due to lower bump cramps and severe vomiting, even though I had nothing in me. They think it's a UTI, and the test results will be back by Monday evening if not earlier. They think that the UTI was causing the cramps and that plus me worrying about it was causing the vomiting. While I was there, I ended up discovering that I now have asthma as well! Now have an inhaler to use as needed. I'm nice and bruised from my 12 needle marks (leg x 1, tummy x 4, wrists x 5 - O2 test, cannula - left elbow, and extra blood tests, right elbow). I also have borderline low iron, so I'm to eat more red meat and definitely keep taking my prenatals and they will be checked again later on. I also had 5 bags (1 litre each) of fluid while I was there!

It felt so good to be in my own bed last night, even though it took about 20 minutes to end up getting comfortable enough to hold still and the bunnies are overjoyed at having me back home!

As far as the weight gain goes, I weighed 282 pounds this morning, and I was 293 at booking in, so I'm still down 11 pounds! My average weight between March and June this year (between pregnancies) was 273-275 though, so I suppose I've 'technically' put on 7-9 pounds so far.

Was able to hear the baby lots (2-3 times on the doppler per day!) while I was in hospital. All of the midwives that took care of me definitely agreed that we have an extremely wiggly baby that hates the doppler, lol! Still tries to kick it away any time it's on. :haha:

Anyway, other than resting more and using my inhaler when I need it, things are mostly back to normal here. Hopefully the 3rd time being in hospital this pregnancy is a charm and I won't have any more issues until baby is ready to come!

Glad you're home and everything's okay MrsTM1! Hopefully everything clears up well for you. It sounds like a lot of people are getting UTIs and other infections at this point, so I wonder if it's more common. With DD I had a UTI around this point that was causing contractions, and my midwives cleared it up at home with skull cap and a round of antibiotics. So far I'm lucky this time but I'm being extra vigilant, especially since many of you are also experiencing these things! Fingers crossed everyone else stays healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->