FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Raspberry: no, nothing else. Haha. My appointment is next Tuesday (my 24 week, just late lol) so I will ask them then. But she didn't seem concerned when we talked today.

TTC: could it be that your body is holding stores due to low calorie intake? I know I gained on 1200 pre-pregnancy, my losses were successful on a 1600-1800 diet, or higher intake depending on my workout. 1200 is below what my midwife was suggesting for pregnancy -- only reason I ask. :flower: I gained a lot with my daughter no matter what I tried, and I didn't have GD or preE or anything. Frustrating, of course, but sometimes these things can't be explained. :(

Swan, that's a good idea! I've not considered trying to eat more calories! I really restricted and tracked this week and I think it's a mistake for me to be doing that. Thanks for sharing that thought I'm positive I should be eating more. :)

At this point I'm almost thinking I should forget trying to control every tiny thing in my diet. It's been an extremely stressful week. I don't keep junk in my house, don't eat out, and don't crave sweets at all so I'm thinking i may just gain more this pregnancy. I am tired of the stress and know if the weight gain is a sign of preeclampsia creeping up, me stressing will not change anything. I would rather enjoy pregnancy instead of making myself miserable over something I honestly apparently don't have a ton of control over. Thank you all for being so sweet :) And for all of the encouragement and suggestions :)

The OB who sent the swabs off for tests said that she unfortunately wouldn't be in this week and that I would have to call for the lab results. So I called, and I got a bunch of variations of "She's not here, you'll need to talk to her department" *transfer* "She's not here, you'll need to talk to her nurse" *transfer* "She's not here, you'll need to talk to an advice nurse" *transfer* "She's not here, you'll have to leave her a message". So I left her a message. :roll: I kept trying to tell everyone that I *knew* she wasn't there, but she had told me to ring! :lol: Ah well.

TTC, delicate question, how's your alimentary canal (poop) doing these days? That'll help indicate whether you're eating enough/retaining stuff!

I agree with swan on the not eating enough, I had great losses on slimming world when I was eating a tonne - but it was all healthy.
Xx

Diagnosed with pgp this morning (formerly known as spd ) and have emergency physio appointment on Friday afternoon :(

I had my 2 hr GD test yesterday and will get results hopefully tomorrow fx!

I'm sat waiting now about 50 minutes till it's over but I feel so sick and ill xx

My GD test made me queezy and gave me a headache hope the effects wear off for you soon once you can eat and drink normally x

Hi all, checking in. I'm 26w3 today and by some accounts that makes me third trimester! Whoa that sounds weird. I keep feeling like my belly grows a bit and the stays the same for a week or two. But my skin sometimes feels tight and my belly button is getting shallower. I wonder if it will pop or just stay like it is.

Little man is super active some days. It looks like an alien is moving around in there sometimes. I love it. So far it doesn't hurt, but the movements are inching up a little higher lately. The other day he felt like he was tickling the upper left side of my stomach near my ribs. I have been trying to decide if he likes certain music. He moves around so much it is hard to tell if he is just moving normally or dancing to the tunes.

I had my one hour glucose test last week and all is normal for glucose. However I am a bit anemic which seems to be a common problem for preggos. I made sure to get a good bison burger that night and have stocked up in iron rich foods and snacks since.

We have our nursery painted and got the crib though it's not assembled yet. I have two baby showers comin up in the next couple weeks and can't wait to actually have baby gear in the house!

Here is my 25 week bump from last week.

Attachments

• 25w.jpg
    25w.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
Melly, I think everything is pretty normal with bathroom habits :) At first I was so constipated from Zofran but now it seems just fine! You gave me a good laugh this morning! :)

Shells, I'm so sorry!!!! I hope the physio can help!!!! :hugs:

Ras, Bleh!!!! You poor thing! I.hope you can go eat and lay down when you're done :hugs:

Imphope, your bump is adorable! I hope you have fun at your showers!!!!

Awwww shells, sorry to hear it :( I hope the physio appointment helps.

imphope, well done on the nursery progress, and how exciting about the baby showers!!

RaspberryK, how'd you go?

Melly, will you try to get your results again today or will they make you wait the whole week until the doc is back???

Diagnosed with pgp this morning (formerly known as spd ) and have emergency physio appointment on Friday afternoon :(

I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with PGP... I have all the symptoms as well but my doctor didn't diagnose anything- and the funny thing is, all the websites about SPD/PGP are from the UK or Australia, so I'm wondering if the US just doesn't recognize it as an actual condition... although that sounds weird. But anyway, it's ridiculously painful, and I feel for you and wanted to let you know you're not alone. I can't lift my legs without manually pulling them up, have to swivel with legs together to move in/out of cars, and sit down to put on pants and shoes. Swimming or being in water feels really good so if you can get to a pool I would recommend that! Also absolutely don't sit for longer than 1 hour at a time and less if possible, because a 5 hour drive is what started the whole thing for me. I got out of the car and suddenly couldn't walk. My doctor had nothing to say besides wanting to give me pain meds which I am not about to do, so I'm getting my info from the internet, my doula, and my experience. I'm also doing some yoga even though it's painful because I think strengthening my core and muscles surrounding pelvis might help. Hope we feel better and hope it doesn't get worse as babies get heavier!!

Imp - what a cute bump.

Well I managed to not be sick but I did feel terrible during the 2 hours, hot, sweaty, shaky etc.
Then when it was time for the second draw the nurse couldn't get any blood and took 3 goes before she could get it, then it wouldn't stop bleeding - typical.
I went straight to mcdonalds - lol! Food didn't make me any better.
I had to collect ds from my step mum after, we went to the bank, picked up a few bits from the supermarket, sat in the cafe for a drink and biscuit.
To be honest only starting to feel better as of an hour ago, just going to have a snack and drink.
I'll get the results on Thursday, hopefully everything is fine.
Xx

Raspberry I know the feeling, that's what happens with me when I have glucose tests because I am typically hypoglycemic. It is really uncomfortable and feels like you don't have control over your body during that time. But I think during the test it's probably normal to feel shaky and awful. Hope the results are good for you! Really dreading mine in a month or two...

The fasting part didn't help either Megan!
I always wondered if I have some kind of blood sugar problem. I didn't have gd with ds... but I have been known to have to have simple carbs quickly having come over all funny for no reason.
I don't usually ingest that much sugar either as I know it makes me feel like crap, been to afternoon tea before, eaten too many cakes and petit fours, followed by feeling absolutely dreadful.

Xx

I am not excited about the glucose test, since these days eating anything overly sweet makes me feel crappy for the rest of the day.

I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with PGP... I have all the symptoms as well but my doctor didn't diagnose anything- and the funny thing is, all the websites about SPD/PGP are from the UK or Australia, so I'm wondering if the US just doesn't recognize it as an actual condition... although that sounds weird. But anyway, it's ridiculously painful, and I feel for you and wanted to let you know you're not alone. I can't lift my legs without manually pulling them up, have to swivel with legs together to move in/out of cars, and sit down to put on pants and shoes. Swimming or being in water feels really good so if you can get to a pool I would recommend that! Also absolutely don't sit for longer than 1 hour at a time and less if possible, because a 5 hour drive is what started the whole thing for me. I got out of the car and suddenly couldn't walk. My doctor had nothing to say besides wanting to give me pain meds which I am not about to do, so I'm getting my info from the internet, my doula, and my experience. I'm also doing some yoga even though it's painful because I think strengthening my core and muscles surrounding pelvis might help. Hope we feel better and hope it doesn't get worse as babies get heavier!!

how ridiculous they won't diagnose it over there :wacko: Mine was caused trying to get into a high hotel bed... i just couldn't figure out how to get in it was so high so i i tried to lift my leg to sort of crawl in and the pain had me doubled over screaming. Since then i can't walk any length of time, sit any time or stand any time. Got to say when i rang the physio this morning and they got me in for Friday afternoon (there is a 3 or 4 month waiting list for treatment) i was very shocked! I did hear her say it was urgent. I just hope they can do something to help the day to day pains. Warm baths definitely ease things for a short time but getting in and out of the bath isn't easy unless DH is on hand to help me :dohh:

Anyway on a brighter note.... I am buying my pram tomorrow i can't wait!! A Local Shop has gone above an beyond over the last 24 hours and have just messaged me to tell me they have found me 2 of the discontinued colour i desperately wanted from different stores around the country!! Literally the last 2 in existence! So so happy!

That's awesome about the stroller at least shells! What was the stroller/colour combo you were after?

TTC, I didn't see your question before, I will leave a message and wait for her to get back to me. I am too busy to spend all day chasing the results around on the phone!

Melly I'm having a bugaboo Donkey Twin - but i wanted Royal Blue which is a beautiful deep blue.It was replaced with the Ice Blue, which is really pale. They stopped making it a few months ago in Royal Blue and it's only available on another model (which won't fit the Donkey). DH is colour blind and the Petrol Blue (sort of Teal colour) that i would have had looks awful to him and i was going to have to end up all black (i like the red but there is already someone locally with it in red and i want to be different lol).

Anyway...this is what it looks like! It converts from side by side cots into seats which also converts to a single if you only have one out with you. It folds small and is narrower than a standard twin so fits through normal doors :)

https://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bugaboo-Donkey-182.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->