FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I keep getting BH too :( definitely linked to overdoing it and lack of water intake.

Back at work today so hopefully will be able to keep up with the water better. Always forget when I'm at home!!

Wow I logged on and have missed about 20 pages of news! Can't read it all but all I have read regarding infections, falls and pgp I hope you are all ok. I keep getting bad cramps waking me. My pelvic pain has gone for now. I look massive and my belly button has come right out. Raspberry I am same as you re moving. Still waiting to hear on a date. Dreading it with being so far along and so close to Christmas. Annoying as baby wardrobe in a box and cot bed comes today and will need to remain boxed for now.

Think we finally have our name: Kody Jai ��

Wow I logged on and have missed about 20 pages of news! Can't read it all but all I have read regarding infections, falls and pgp I hope you are all ok. I keep getting bad cramps waking me. My pelvic pain has gone for now. I look massive and my belly button has come right out. Raspberry I am same as you re moving. Still waiting to hear on a date. Dreading it with being so far along and so close to Christmas. Annoying as baby wardrobe in a box and cot bed comes today and will need to remain boxed for now.

Think we finally have our name: Kody Jai ��

We are moving in 16 days time trying to mix packing resting and looking after 4 kids I have a halloween party on fri a bonfireparty on sat and my daughters 1st birthday is moving day so its all go here loo

Ps im hosting the partys inmust be mad but I have to do it for the kids plus bonfire night is my dads 71st birthday and he needs a bost after mum dieying

Gtt results came in by the time I saw my consultant and they were all fine.
I had another cervix measurement and it's shortened back to 3cm , consultant got all serious and got me to have a steriod injection, which looking back I'm upset about because I didn't have any chance to look into the risks and benefits.
He just said that it was needed.
Xx

Ras!!!! :hugs: I'm so sorry! First, 3cm isn't terrible but is very short for only 25 weeks. If labor got started at all, baby has a great chance, but I think your consultant made the right call. I'm sorry though that you feel left out of the decision. That definitely is a crappy thing to wonder if there was something else you could have or should have done.
Second, when i had to get contractions stopped all the time last pregnancy I was told all about the steroid shots. Don't worry, there is basically NO risk to baby. Only potential benefits. I know that probably won't make you feel a lot better, but rest assured baby is ok.
Take it easy Hon!!!!

2nd time, wow you are seriously busy! I have it so easy in comparison. Raspberry I am sorry to hear that news. I had to have steroid injections with Lucas and it was purely beneficial as TTC says to help lungs to mature xx thinking of you

I am very busy thinking I might start to tell people next month lol oncevwe are setteled after the move

The thing is I have read some negative studies on the steriods, plus there only seems to be a benefit if birth was 48 hours to 7 days after the injection, whereas
the consultant and nurse said I would only need it once.
Although my cervix was 3cm today, 4cm 2 weeks ago, it's no worse than 3 weeks ago when it was also 3cm.
Xx

Aww I'm so sorry :( I do know they are most beneficial 48hrs before birth. I'm glad it's no worse than a few weeks ago. Are they measuring with transvaginal scans?

Another thought...could you ask them to do fetal fibronectin swabs? I got them regularly from 25 weeks last pregnancy.

Hopefully the steroid shot is irrelevant (although I know it feels frustrating at the moment). :hugs:

Lots of busy weekends coming up by the sounds of it! Ours is pretty relaxed. I'm sure we'll find some way of filling it up though. :lol:

Another thought...could you ask them to do fetal fibronectin swabs? I got them regularly from 25 weeks last pregnancy.

I wasn't sure about that since the risk is from possible "incompetent cervix" xx

Sorry you are feeling down about the steroid injection, raspberry. It is crappy of the doctor not to talk it through with you, even if the end result would have been the same. Hopefully your cervix stays strong!

So sorry to hear about everything going on with you, Raspberry! I know it's frustrating to second guess a decision and feel like you didn't have time to get all of the information, but if they have any reason to think that the baby might be born soon then it's good you got it.

I get BH all the time, too, and it's always while being more active. I've never heard of walking to get rid of BH! When I was in early labour with DD, walking was the only thing that strengthened my contractions.

How nice of your mom to get you that stroller, shells! And that's so so sweet that she was saving up money for you guys!

24 weeks today! I feel lucky getting to this point based on how my pregnancy was going early on! :D
DD put a tiny bead into my ear yesterday and I couldn't get it out. I went to a walk-in clinic and the doctor pumped in a bunch of water, which didn't work, and now my ear is clogged with water trapped behind my middle ear. :/ I'm not really sure what to do about that and it's really annoying.
I forgot to thank you all for tips about stomach pain. I'm keeping track of when it happens, and it seems to happen before eating but antacids help a bit.

Everyone getting ready for Halloween? :)

My doula recommended taking papaya enzymes to help with breaking down proteins, which should help with acid reflux and digestion in general.

Feronia I am just about to buy some essential oils from Amazon. I have clary sage, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, and coconut carrier oil. Is there anything else you'd recommend for labor support? Also I'm assuming I can't use clary sage until I go into labor, but could I use lavender in the bath while I'm pregnant? I'm sure there are some informative websites on this but I thought I'd ask you first. Also how did you apply the oils? Just with your fingers or something like a cotton ball?

Thank you for your help :)

My doula recommended taking papaya enzymes to help with breaking down proteins, which should help with acid reflux and digestion in general.

Feronia I am just about to buy some essential oils from Amazon. I have clary sage, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, and coconut carrier oil. Is there anything else you'd recommend for labor support? Also I'm assuming I can't use clary sage until I go into labor, but could I use lavender in the bath while I'm pregnant? I'm sure there are some informative websites on this but I thought I'd ask you first. Also how did you apply the oils? Just with your fingers or something like a cotton ball?

Thank you for your help :)

Oh yeah, my officemate gave me a bottle of papaya enzyme pills for help with heartburn/acid.

I'm also interested in the essential oil application method. :lol: My chiro's massage therapist had some oil infuser last week that was pretty awesome. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to take it into an operating theatre though. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->