FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Shells, so awesome you got the one you wanted!!!! Is the bugaboo donkey the one that can also convert to a single in case you only have one baby with you?

I'm very lucky with the pram as my mum is paying for it! unbeknown to me she had been saving up for IVF for me had i needed it :kiss: As we managed to conceive eventually with the clomid she insisted i have what ever pram i wanted no matter the cost! I would never have asked her to pay that amount for this, but she seen it in mothercare and fell in love (i was already in love but would never have asked her lol) she insisted = two very lucky people with two very lucky babies x

Your mom is so sweet! That made me cry she was saving up for you :)

Shells that pram is stunning!! And how nice of your mother to save up like that for you! I can't even get a conversation from my mother lately, humph!! Families, eh!

Lovely pram! That is so, so lovely that your mum was saving up for ivf for you. You are lucky to have such a lovely mum, and those babies are very lucky to have a grandma that will obviously dote on them!

My mum is the best i could ever have hoped for, she raised my sister and I single handed and did an amazing job. She has an amazing man in her life for the last 16 years who is more like my dad than my own dad! My dad is 'around' but unless it involves him he doesn't want to know. My Mum is the most caring compassionate women i have ever known and i cried too when i found out what she had done! She is so excited that i am finally going to be mother and i have a house full of 'stuff' she keeps buying and i know she won't stop so i don't even argue with her anymore lol :cloud9:

I'm a very lucky lady and will never forget what she has done for me :hugs:

Shells, so awesome you got the one you wanted!!!! Is the bugaboo donkey the one that can also convert to a single in case you only have one baby with you?

Yes that's the one :) It's amazing!! x

TTC: No problem! Hopefully it'll help. :) I was told that I should eat about 300 extra calories (above what I'd need to eat to maintain) in first tri, 350 in second and up to 500 extra in third. Well-balanced calories, of course, but to not be afraid to indulge on occasion if I felt led. I figure the same thing; I want to enjoy pregnancy. Stress will change nothing and definitely won't help anything. So I say, kick back, let it go and I wouldn't worry unless the doctor gives cause for concern. :hugs:

Melly: that stinks! :( I'm so sorry! I hate playing the phone tag game with my docs!

I am dreading my GD test Raspberry! Glad you held it together and hope your results come back clear!

You look great Hope! :)

Megan I think that SPD is more-commonly misdiagnosed in the US as sciatica. Or at least, based on experiences that friends of mine in the US have had, that seems to be the trend. Not sure what that's about, but yeah. My old OB used to just tell me, "Oh it's all normal pregnancy pain." Yeah, okay, whatever you say. :rofl: She'd brush it off like it was nbd all the time. My midwife thankfully takes these things a bit more seriously and has asked me if I'm seeing any signs of sciatica or SPD -- which at present, thankfully, I am not. I've noticed though too that it seems the majority of SPD information is not from the US though. Kind of strange. lol.

Shells I love the pram you chose! And totally teared up reading about you and your mama. :hugs: My mama and I are super-close and it just made my heart swell how she had been saving for your sake. Tears! <3 You are so blessed, that is awesome. She's just as lucky to have a wonderful and grateful daughter who doesn't take her for granted. :hugs:

Phew. I think I stopped tearing up now. :rofl:

Work today was a killer. Still subbing in the 3 y/o class for a few more weeks, which is nice for extra cash while my daughter's at preschool. But dang, they're exhausting little critters! I am ready to keel over; thankfully my husband will be home from work on time today! He had to work a 14 hour shift (unplanned) yesterday, so I was really hoping he would be home today to help me cart up the six loads of clean laundry from the basement. :rofl: I tried getting them upstairs myself and it was not happening!

Does anyone else feel Braxton Hicks (bump getting hard and uncomfortable in my case) when walking? It seems to happen any time I walk for more than a couple of minutes or get up too quickly. I know they are normal, but all the books seem to say that walking RELIEVES them, not bring them on. Humph.

I haven't gotten a support belt yet- if you have one, does it help to alleviate BH? :)

Does anyone else feel Braxton Hicks (bump getting hard and uncomfortable in my case) when walking? It seems to happen any time I walk for more than a couple of minutes or get up too quickly. I know they are normal, but all the books seem to say that walking RELIEVES them, not bring them on. Humph.

I haven't gotten a support belt yet- if you have one, does it help to alleviate BH? :)

I have them all the time. Especially after being on my feet too much or not drinking enough water. I've not tried using my support belt yet. I sometimes have round ligament pain when I get up too fast.

I've had a stray BH here and there. Always while walking. Once I sit down, they stop and I always sit or lay down as soon as I can to make sure I'm not going into real labor LOL.

That's the only way I knew I was in labor with my daughter -- when they didn't stop when I did the opposite of what I was doing.

Well my soccer team lost and the book I pre-ordered that was released today never showed up, so all I have to say about today is HUMPH!!

Edit: Eugh!! I just checked Amazon after posting here to see why my book hadn't arrived and it never shipped! So I've cancelled my order and might drive up to Chapters as they're open for another hour.

Well my soccer team lost and the book I pre-ordered that was released today never showed up, so all I have to say about today is HUMPH!!

Edit: Eugh!! I just checked Amazon after posting here to see why my book hadn't arrived and it never shipped! So I've cancelled my order and might drive up to Chapters as they're open for another hour.

What book is it? :) I have just started reading East of Eden and like it a lot so far- my first Steinbeck!

I've had a stray BH here and there. Always while walking. Once I sit down, they stop and I always sit or lay down as soon as I can to make sure I'm not going into real labor LOL.

That's the only way I knew I was in labor with my daughter -- when they didn't stop when I did the opposite of what I was doing.

If it happens when walking, then why does it always say walking helps?! Glad to hear you have the same- though bleurgh for us both! I don't like anything pain or even vaguely labour related :( i am also having some cramps on one side tonight- STOP! Whatever you are, stop!

Do you know what caused your preterm labour last time? (That is why you are doing The injections etc, right?) Hopefully you will go on your due date this time! :)

Surprise: with BH, you're supposed to do the opposite of what you're doing when they strike, then they'll stop. So if you get them while you're resting, they should ease when you begin walking. Or if they hit while you're walking, going up steps, whatever, they should cease when you rest. I almost always got mine (last pregnancy, and always with this one so far) while doing something active, like walking or doing stairs. But if I settled myself down, then they'd stop. When I went into labor, I noticed them while I was in bed. I got up and began walking and they only got worse, which was why I called my OB.

Turned out, that was real labor. :rofl: Or, the start of labor, anyway.

No, no idea why she came early. But the injections will hopefully help! I'm actually not too paranoid, other than when BH do strike. They're rare for me right now, but they still make me worry, without true cause. They're common, but my brain is still working on turning off that fear. :)

They scare me, and that is without your past experience! I think it is a double edged sword... something making you take note is good in a sense, but I get spooked by anything that makes me feel like something is up.

The good news for you is that you get extra monitoring this time around. Silver linings! I can't wait to go to 2 weeks between appts instead of 4.

Thank you for the tip :flower: i have noticed that sitting down makes them stop... which is fine when I am at home. I was SOL at the store today, so ended up leaving with just a bunch of bananas and not the 20 items I had on my list!

What book is it? :) I have just started reading East of Eden and like it a lot so far- my first Steinbeck!

It's a World of Ice and Fire, it's from the A Song of Ice and Fire series (the books that Game of Thrones is based on). I'm a huuuge fan of the series of books and this is a sort of history on the world and it's families long before when the series of books are set!

I didn't go back out in the end, too lazy! :haha: But we'll be up that end of town tomorrow so I can pick it up in the morning :)

And I love Steinbeck!

Shells your mum is so sweet.

Swan that's tough, no idea how you survived, sod the washing get a massage!

Surprise, I get them and I need to lay down to get rid.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"