FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Bloody car packed up today while I was in town, luckily round the corner from my dad's and brother's work which happens to be a cqr garage! Hoping that the diagnosis isn't too bad and the few parts on order will be fitted tonight by one of the technicians after his shift and it'll be good to go. What a pain, as is the pain in my backside after the second steriod injection xx

Thanks everyone. It's annoying more than painful. It feels like a lot of pressure and like my ear is underwater, but at least it will heal. Nobody got the bead out so it either is still there or fell out sometime without me noticing (it was really tiny). Toddlers, I'm telling you! :haha:

Melly, that looks like a nice crib, I'm sorry it's out of stock everywhere. I like Ikea mattresses since they don't put flame ******ants on them. We have one for our bed and made sure it was safe since we're bedsharing. Twin mamas, are you planning on putting your two in the same crib? I've read that both options are safe so curious what you guys are planning!

My GDT results are still not in from Monday! Should have been here yesterday! Antibodies is back, that came in yesterday afternoon and that was fine, full blood count was back this morning, but hadn't been checked by the DR so can't give the results out and my GDT is just not there! :shrug:

Feronia i have bought two cotbeds but plan on co sleeping them in one if they settle like that. Bought two as i have heard some twins just don't get on sleeping together so figured i'd need two eventually so just got them both now so they are the same just in case lol

these are the ones we have bought:
https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/cotbeds_zps8b98afae.jpg

Oh that's lovely shells. I have been looking for ones with drawers in the bottom as well.

We're planning on having them share a pack and play beside our bed for the first few months, and then moving them into their own cribs in the nursery when they get too big for it/when I need more sleep when I go back to work!

https://www.pnmag.com/sites/default/files/1756938.jpeg

Lovely cribs etc you two!

And finally we have a burst water main in the next village which I discovered when I got home. Only had enough in the taps to flush the loo.
Had to walk to the village shop and carry back lots of heavy water as they can't give an indication of when it might be fixed.
I'm pretty sure my consultant would have a fit!
Anyway at least 15 minutes down the road we have the use of the in laws house who are away just need to wait for dh to be available to take us.
Ds is sleep on the sofa and hopefully he will sleep off his bad mood.

Xx

Raspberry your not having a good day are you? Bless you, it can only get better right?? :flower: It's amazing how turning on the tap for water is something you do without even thinking about until it's not there!

Melly i seriously considered one of those but decided to go with the cots but they are such a great idea! x

Boo for the crib being out of stock at IKEA, Melly! I love Ikea, and always get a kick out if the names (Gonatt = good night) :) they also give Swedish names to the nicer items, and a lot of the cheaper items get Danish names :haha:

I think we have settled on a crib, but we will see- that is out next planned big purchase :)

Love your choice, shells! :)

Sorry about your crappy day, raspberry! Hope that that is the end of it!!!

I thought I was having a bad week (dh and I split up at the weekend but we are living together for now at least and maybe trying to get through it), flu jab, gtt plus everything else today and yesterday, it's definitely not a good day, pretty sure it can't get worse.
Doesn't help I didn't sleep due to me being a complete wimp in pain from the steriod injection.
Argh. Thanks for letting me rant xx

I had no idea that your week was that bad, raspberry :( so sorry to hear about you splitting up. Do you think it is permanent? It must be a lot to deal with with your pregnancy + complications, a toddler and everything else... Thinking of you! I really hope nothing serious happened between you and DH, and that (if that is what you want), you guys can get through all of these stresses together. If not, and if you want and need to be on your own, then I have no doubt you will do an amazing job at everything that comes your way- I have been very impressed by a lot of your level headedness on here, and the way you seem to take things in your stride.

Whatever is going on, I am sending good wishes your way x

We've both been under a lot of stress. Dh went awol after his night shift Friday morning, said some awful things via text said we were over and then returned in the night/early hours saying he hadn't been in his right mind etc.
He's promised to get his depression sorted but is already the end of the week and no doctors appointment.
We are in the middle of renovation in order to sell and I guess we will sell and buy together or sell and go our separate ways.
I have to make me and ds and this baby my priority right now and usually do ok but today got on top of me a bit xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible day/ week and you and DH splitting up, Raspberry. :( Vent away, this group is awesome for that! Pregnancy is such a stressful time as it is that you really don't need any extra... I hope you two can work things through if that's what you both want.

Cute cribs/cots, Melly and Shells. And if they end up liking to sleep together, you can always sell the extra one, Shells. :) I think we're going to just disassemble our bed frame and move the mattress to the floor once baby is here. The toddler takes up soooo much room in our bed (but at least she sleeps half the night in her own room) that we could use extra space without worrying about anyone falling out.

Shells, everyone was recommending a pack and play anyway for travelling/having a portable crib in the house, so I figured rather than buy an Arms Reach Co Sleeper (which I was originally looking pretty hard at) that wouldn't be as useful down the road, I'd go with the pack and play and then take out the inserts when I didn't need them anymore.

Raspberry, I'm so sorry, what a week. :( I hope that your husband takes a hard look at himself and his actions. Best of luck. :hugs:

Oh raspberry i had no idea things were like that for you!! I know we don't really know each other, but we live only 15 miles apart, if you want an ear and coffee sometime we can meet up so you can rant! :hugs:

Shey it's from babies R Us https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-.../I-Love-My-Bear-Cotbed-in-Dark-Finish(0069223)

I hope to get the changing unit to match, but it's not essential so it can wait lol

Oh raspberry i had no idea things were like that for you!! I know we don't really know each other, but we live only 15 miles apart, if you want an ear and coffee sometime we can meet up so you can rant! :hugs:

Shey it's from babies R Us https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-.../I-Love-My-Bear-Cotbed-in-Dark-Finish(0069223)

I hope to get the changing unit to match, but it's not essential so it can wait lol

I would really appreciate that thank you! You can never have too many friends especially with young children it can get quite lonely esp if you aren't one for all the groups etc.
Xx

Feronia what size mattress do you have? I know someone/of someone who got a second mattress and basically made a huge floor bed xx

Raspberry No problem we'll sort something out, we have each other on FB so we'll get something arranged :thumbup: x

feronia they convert to beds so even if it's not used as babies, as toddlers, the option will be there for them to separate should they choose to :)

Sending you lots of hugs Raspberry :hugs:
I know how it feels to be without water! Here on the boat we have water tanks that we have to fill up roughly once a week depending on how often they're used. Last week it seemed like OH was mentioning filling them up every single day, and did so again just before I got in the shower so I said 'quit obsessing over the tanks, you only just filled them!'. Half way through my shower and the water ran out :dohh: OH laughed his ass off for about five minutes before going to put the hose in. Lesson learned I guess! :haha:

Feronia that really sucks about your ear! I hope it's not causing too much discomfort!

Shells & Melly - Love the cribs!! I love looking at cribs, I wish I could buy one! I was looking one day at alternative options to a crib, something that would fit down by our bed when the baby's small, before she goes down into her room and came across this.. Perfect for saving space on the boat but I'm not sure if it's genius or insanity to go for it, there's a fine line!!

https://www.babygadget.net/pics/kanoe.jpg

Ooooh that looks so cool!

My new crib problem is now that I've seen the GONATT, I want one with drawers underneath. And there are hardly any nice ones! Dammit.

Captain, that looks really neat! I bet you could make it yourself actually hehe. Shells, that's great that they convert to toddler beds. We had a convertible one from Ikea for DD but never ended up using the crib, and by the time she was ready for the toddler bed I didn't like how high it was off the ground. We ended up selling the crib and just buying a mattress for the ground, and so far that's working out well (even though sometimes she ends up across the room or under a chair at night)! Though they do sell those railings for toddler beds so that's always an option! :thumbup:

Raspberry, we had just upgraded to a queen-sized bed when I found out that we were expecting a second baby. I know we should really be in a king with four people in bed, but we just bought it! Eventually we'll have to upgrade again though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->