FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks Crystal! I'm hoping to do well at the 3hr test. In general I like to think I'm reasonably fit and was trying not to eat poorly and to keep active, so hopefully it's the twins thing and I shouldn't feel too guilty! That being said, I have put on 30lbs. :lol: Ah well.

Feronia, now I'm imagining the babies in there having their heads wiggled and thinking 'WTF IS THAT?!' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feronia, now I'm imagining the babies in there having their heads wiggled and thinking 'WTF IS THAT?!' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha... I would love know what Baby thinks/is conscious of :) it must be constantly like being in bed and kind of dozing just a little bit more over and over... at least that is how I imagine it.

we went to a newborn class today. It was a short one off thing, but I think very useful. The nurse was great, and went over some good tips, ie. Baby should be wearing one more layer than you, how much she should pee/poop etc... it is all seeming that bit more real! I also enjoyed the fact that all of us pregnant ladies headed straight for the restroom the minute the class ended. Ha!

Oh suprisebub, id love to go to some kind of class.. I `m nervous that im just going to be handed a baby and I wont know what to do :/

I dont want to suck at being a mum

Do you have antenatal classes MrsLemon? They are usually in the 3rd trimester, so you might not have got the invite yet.

Seems I gave away all my head down baby luck :( A is transverse and B is breech :( weighing 2lb 12oz and 2lb 10oz little fatties. Great news is they are perfect no issues at all with anything other than position. I've got 9 weeks to get these boys back to head down!

Time to read spinning babies properly now!

Swan I'm glad you have your answer.
Melly good luck with the 3 hour.
No one could tell with ds which way up he was so we had a few late scans to check.
It didn't help that he kept moving and didn'tengage til active labour.
This one is a wriggler, today at my 28 week midwife appointment she was transverse/diagonal.
Everything went fine, fundal height is measuring 1-2 weeks ahead on the same centile line as ds was born.

Xx

Melly hope all goes well for u at your 3 hr test. Im going this morning for the 1hr test.

Oh MrsLemon :hugs: I was scared too, even with prep classes I was unsure I would be a good mom. Thankfully instinct really took over and helped me feel confident once she arrived. And I utilized local mom groups (like La Leche) and places like BNB when I needed support. It fell together. I know how it feels, but you won't be a crappy mom! :hugs: :)

Oh suprisebub, id love to go to some kind of class.. I `m nervous that im just going to be handed a baby and I wont know what to do :/

I dont want to suck at being a mum

We enjoyed the class, but I don't think you need anything like that to be a good Mum! I think the main good parenting ingredient is being interested and engaged :) ...i think it is scary in this waiting stage- but I have no doubt you will find your feet with lovely Baby
Lemon in your arms! ;)

...and on the technical side of things, they definitely go over all the stuff we did yesterday in the hospital before you go home :)

Mrslemon, swan put it perfectly. You surely won't be a bad mom. Worrying is a sign you care! :)

good luck shey!

Melly I'm sure you'll pass the 3hr no problem!

Shells, sorry you seemed to have given away the good position luck!!!! But great they're measuring so big!

I know every baby is different but my ds was always measuring way ahead. 95%+++ from 20 weeks on! this little guy is only measuring 49-56%tile. I hope that's ok! Ras I see you talk about your bump measuring the same and I wonder if it's OK to measure different? Even my bump is smaller this time. ..

Ttc all babies are different, I really don't think it's anything to worry about as long as growth doesn't slow down xx

Think our little one was active last night, OH said she was kicking around 4AM so much that he could feel it on the outside of the quilt! He said my leg even twitched a couple of times but he can't believe I slept through it all! Seems like she enjoys playing with daddy while I'm asleep! :haha:

Shells, sorry to hear they aren't head down! But I look at the fact that there is plenty of time for them to turn back head down. Mine have plenty of time to turn a different way before they are born. All that matters is that they are head down and read to go at the right time! :)

Melly, when is your next ultrasound?

Captain, so funny what you slept through! What a strong little kicker you have.

Captain thats so cute.

My bby girl is doing good. I lost a pound but ob isnt worried since im overweight.
I thought this would be the appointment for the GD test but it wasn' . So i go back
In 3 wks for it. I pre-registered at the hospital. They'll call me to schedule my
Tour .

Oh that's right! I'd forgotten to mention, at this last appointment I got given a bunch of hospital paperwork, including booking a tour. :happydance: That makes it seem more real!!

Plus I was encouraged, they also gave me a template birth plan to fill out with my preferences, so clearly they are okay with people coming in with with a plan in mind.

i think baby must have gone through a bit of a growth spurt... I am clearly going to have to do a new pass over my wardrobe and box up some of the snug clothes that are not even close to fitting any more. (I also bought myself some new roomy clothes today... Yaaaaaay!) I'm not worried about weight gain in any big way, but can't help but wonder whether I will ever get back into some of those things!!

Thanks ladies, I think it made his day as he kept mentioning all the time! Just got back from taking him to the airport and his consultation about his knee is tomorrow, don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight!

Interestingly, the company that laid him off last week sent him a letter today explaining why they laid him off and said it's because of his non-occupational injury, when in fact it is an occupational injury he's suffering from! So hopefully after tomorrow he'll either be off work for another couple of months or, due the companies mistake, he'll have a job to go back to. It's all becoming quite stressful now so I'm just hoping for an end to it all!

So cute that your husband is still raving about the kicks last night, captain! It must be nice for the Dads when they get a special moment like that. I imagine it must be a strange thing to watch your partner grow and change (and not quite know what to do)!

Fingers crossed your husband's work situation gets sorted in a positive way for you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->