FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

That is awsome Melly. I wish i had a birth plan but im scheduled for a c-section. :(

Oh that's right! I'd forgotten to mention, at this last appointment I got given a bunch of hospital paperwork, including booking a tour. :happydance: That makes it seem more real!!

Plus I was encouraged, they also gave me a template birth plan to fill out with my preferences, so clearly they are okay with people coming in with with a plan in mind.

Shells, sorry your babies aren't head down! I hear it's best to start doing breech-turning tactics around 30 weeks, but I have absolutely no idea how that works with twins. If my baby is still breech at 30 weeks I'm going to start acupuncture, moxibustion, and more pelvic tilts -- but again I have no idea whether those things would even work for twins. I'm curious now!

captain, I hope your DH's job situation gets sorted out. It sounds like he was wrongly dismissed...

savvy, I missed your question - my next appointment is Dec 3rd, and my OB will give me a quick scan then.

Captain, it does sound extremely stressful. Can I ask how your husband injured himself? Is he recovering okay?

Feronia the only baby that needs to be head down at the time of labour is the one nearest the exit! So long as he is head down the other can be turned if need be after delivery :)

Captain, I hope everything goes well with your hubby's appointment. Hopefully he can work things out with his company. It sounds like they made a big mistake.

I just heard about a local mom (an acquaintance of mine) who gave birth vaginally to two breech twins a few days ago! :D I know she originally wanted a home birth, but midwives here can't legally attend home breech or home twin births, and it would have been a real fight for her to get both, heh. I'm actually really impressed at our local hospital for changing their regulations!

On another note, has anyone flown during pregnancy? We're flying down to San Diego (where we're from) to visit family in early December so I'll be 30-31 weeks. I don't need a midwife's note but I'll bring a copy of my prenatal records, but I assume I can ask to be patted down instead of go through the body scanner? Entertaining my toddler should be interesting, too!

I have flown a few times since getting pregnant Feronia, and I already always asked for the pat-down instead of going through the back-scatter machine before I was pregnant, so I just kept doing that! I have made sure to have a letter from my OB the last few times because I look so much further ahead than I am.

I just heard about a local mom (an acquaintance of mine) who gave birth vaginally to two breech twins a few days ago! :D I know she originally wanted a home birth, but midwives here can't legally attend home breech or home twin births, and it would have been a real fight for her to get both, heh. I'm actually really impressed at our local hospital for changing their regulations!

On another note, has anyone flown during pregnancy? We're flying down to San Diego (where we're from) to visit family in early December so I'll be 30-31 weeks. I don't need a midwife's note but I'll bring a copy of my prenatal records, but I assume I can ask to be patted down instead of go through the body scanner? Entertaining my toddler should be interesting, too!

I just flew at 22 weeks. You can ask to do a pat down, no problem. I wore compression socks on the advice of Dr. Google and had no swelling problems, but I don't know if I would have had trouble without them. It wasn't comfortable even in an aisle seat, and I couldn't put the tray table down all the way, but you may be on a less stingy airline. Definitely get the aisle so you can get up and stretch and pee easily. I felt really dried out despite my best water drinking efforts, so try to stay really hydrated.

I am meant to fly over thanksgiving, so will be 28-29 weeks. Quite nervous about it, but plan to just try and take it easy!!

Oh yes - compression stockings, an aisle seat so you can get up and walk every hour or so, and drinking lots of water - all very important. You're at increased risk of DVT in pregnancy.

Where did you get the compression socks, ladies? I had a look online but didn't find anything that promising!

I got these and I was happy with them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EYBJ12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have wide calves and claustrophobic feet, so I appreciated the sizing and the open toe.

I got these ones and they seem fine:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000A33GA8/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

Thanks, melly! Whichever one I can work the sizing out on gets a sale to me!

I flew at 23 weeks, babies didn't appreciate it much lol I cheated and wore the compression stockings i had from my surgery last year lol I also took my notes because i was bigger than 23 weeks (need a letter after 28 here) didn't think anyone would believe me lol I also opted for a pat down instead of the scanner. I agree plenty of water, an aisle seat if longer than an hour flight and i also updated my travel insurance (not sure what the rules are over there about that as you have medical insurance all the time) x

Hiya bridget! I was just wondering how you were going the other day. Happy 28 weeks!!

Ahhhhh, travel insurance! Good point, shells :) I will look into that this afternoon.

Hi bridget!

I am sooo behind! So sorry! It's been a busy week. I just had my belly measured :) thanks for the sweet comments. I had a reaction the the flu shot. I had a huge red welt, soreness, and it itched pretty bad. Today it is much better. I just did cool compresses to help. Try to catch up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->