FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Sorry about the reaction, jm :( are you feeling better now? And did your ob say it was nothing to worry about?

I had mine last week, and only had an achey arm for 24 hourS.

im good. struggling with weight gain. i have gained a total of 42lbs so far putting me at 5 foot 2 inches and 162lbs. it has really taken a toll on my mental health giving me crippling anxiety and depression. but at least baby is healthy even if i am not mentally so i guess thats the most important part.

Been trying to catch up a bit, I have to say I've been getting the Braxton hicks more often and I can actually feel when the baby moves from one side to another.

I have gained something similar, Bridget... I was up 30 pounds at my last appt (when I was 25w). I just put away my second round of pre-pregnancy clothes yesterday (with the much smaller stuff having gone a while ago now!)... I haven't let it get to me, as I am thinking like you re: so long as baby is fine, I am fine with whatever physical changes happen to me.

Have you got some nice and/or comfy maternity stuff to wear? I bought some not nice, but very comfy large soft pants today and am super excited to get into them. Up to now I have been squeezing into the stuff I already had, and it feels amazing to get rid of that and just be comfortable. :)

Try and tell yourself that you only have 10-12 weeks to go! After that, you will be able to do a lot more in terms of controlling diet and exercise. ...and most importantly of all, you will have a lovely new baby to hold!

Hoping you feel better- just remember this is all temporary, and for a good cause.

Hi dcm!

bridget, there was a quote at my prenatal class last night "Better to have formula from a happy mother than breast milk from a crazy lady". Not exactly the same situation but you do have to take care of YOURSELF as well as the baby!

I know weight is a funny thing. It fluctuates. I know it must be ffrustrating especially with being pregnant. Just know that once you have your baby, the weight will fall off. I went to my appointment yesterday and lost 1 lb. But baby is healthy.

im good. struggling with weight gain. i have gained a total of 42lbs so far putting me at 5 foot 2 inches and 162lbs. it has really taken a toll on my mental health giving me crippling anxiety and depression. but at least baby is healthy even if i am not mentally so i guess thats the most important part.

It stinks to gain weight but as long as the baby is healthy that is all that matters! Plus you know the weight will drop after the baby is born and you can get back into your regular clothes. It is just a temporary thing!

JM - sorry you had such a bad reaction but glad you are doing better!

Saw my OB today, I am measuring 31 weeks (not 27)...eek! But everything else looks good. She is hesitant on me traveling too far from home, but said as long as I don't develop any cramps or contractions I should be fine. We were planning on traveling about 4 hours away for the holidays (Thanksgiving) in two weeks.

I also was able to opt out of the GTT - instead of the sugary drink I just have to go in to get a few fasting blood draws. I am very thankful my doc was willing to work with me.

Are you driving or flying, savvy? I wish we were driving for thanksgiving... but it is 16 hours in the car vs 2.5 hours in the air, so flying seems simpler. :s

savvy, I was measuring 30 weeks at 24 weeks! So you're not too bad. :lol:

Do any of you ladies know if its safe to do a low carb diet while pregnant?

SurpriseBub, we are driving. But there isn't very good hospitals in the area where we are going. My hospital is top in our state for the NICU. My doctor joked they could always pick me up in the helicopter if I go into labor early...funny, but not really. 16 hours in the car would be torture for me! The 4 hours will be bad enough with my twins bouncing on my bladder! :)

Melly, I am glad you have a similar measurement. I was a bit concerned that something was wrong even though my doctor said I was fine.

Yes, I don't think I could take the 16 hours on the road... Or more to the point my husband couldn't as he is obsessed with making good time... Which doesn't compute with a pregnant bladder ;) I am sure my flight will be fine- I am just going to try my best to relax all the way through.

Jm I had a crappy reaction to the flu jab too, huge great golf ball sized red and swollen lump plus horrendously bruised and painful.
All over body aches a few days later and generally under the weather.
Shells said she did hot compress on hers and she didn't get a reaction so I'll do that for my whooping cough jab.

Twin mummies - I measured ahead a bit and I only have one in there I think anything goes and fundal height can be very much different depending on babies position, amount of water, size of placenta etc etc.

Xx

Do any of you ladies know if its safe to do a low carb diet while pregnant?
It has to be because you are supposed to be on a low carb diet in case of gestational diabetes...

Savvy and Melly the 'average' is to measure ahead by 6 weeks with a twin belly - towards the end it can be more! Nobody has even measured mine, but i think here it's around 28 weeks they start so maybe at my next midwife appointment on tuesday she might measure.... or maybe not as the growth scans for the boys are maybe enough?

Raspberry is right i used a wrm compress on mine and massaged the area and i had no reaction at all from the flu jab and will do the same once i get the whooping cough.

I'd just like to add as well.... Raspberry and I actually met on wednesday face to face and what a lovely lady she is :) We went to the aquanatal class together and then went for a coffee and snack afterwards with her gorgeous son. He was so well behaved and polite an absolute credit to her mummy skills. Looking forward to the next time :flower:

I had a strange "first" last night.

I woke about 2 am to discover a wet patch i the bed freaked out until i realized it was at chest level.. and came from my boobs... My boobs have started leaking a clear liquid.. everyone has assured me its normal... really freaked me out nothings come out of my boobs before lol

Savvy and Melly the 'average' is to measure ahead by 6 weeks with a twin belly - towards the end it can be more! Nobody has even measured mine, but i think here it's around 28 weeks they start so maybe at my next midwife appointment on tuesday she might measure.... or maybe not as the growth scans for the boys are maybe enough?

Raspberry is right i used a wrm compress on mine and massaged the area and i had no reaction at all from the flu jab and will do the same once i get the whooping cough.

I'd just like to add as well.... Raspberry and I actually met on wednesday face to face and what a lovely lady she is :) We went to the aquanatal class together and then went for a coffee and snack afterwards with her gorgeous son. He was so well behaved and polite an absolute credit to her mummy skills. Looking forward to the next time :flower:

Thank you it was really lovely, I must be really hormonal because you brought a tear to my eye... He is such a good boy, I'm not really sure how much I have influenced him really but he makes me very proud every day.
Looking forward to two weeks time.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"