FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

It's very true hun, he's adorable! Absolute credit to you! As the class isn't on next week i'm going to lie to work and say it's still on lol So if you fancy going in the baby pool with your little man around the same time (i can go in and just float in the water to ease my pelvis and as it's so shallow i will be able to get out unlike the main pool :haha: )

I had a strange "first" last night.

I woke about 2 am to discover a wet patch i the bed freaked out until i realized it was at chest level.. and came from my boobs... My boobs have started leaking a clear liquid.. everyone has assured me its normal... really freaked me out nothings come out of my boobs before lol

ah ha ha I got a let down in the supermarket when I heard a baby cry the other day.

Xx

I haven'thad the GD test yet. I go on DDecember 3rd. But my mom wants me to do it with her to lose weight. Cause the stores she shops at doesn't carry plus size clothes

Do any of you ladies know if its safe to do a low carb diet while pregnant?
It has to be because you are supposed to be on a low carb diet in case of gestational diabetes...

It's very true hun, he's adorable! Absolute credit to you! As the class isn't on next week i'm going to lie to work and say it's still on lol So if you fancy going in the baby pool with your little man around the same time (i can go in and just float in the water to ease my pelvis and as it's so shallow i will be able to get out unlike the main pool :haha: )

That sounds like a fab idea!

Xx

So jealous you guys are getting to meet in real life, raspberry and shells :) so glad you are enjoying it!

For a singleton pregnancy, my dr said that your fundal height should be 1cm per week of gestation starting around 20 weeks (with 2 cm over or under also considered normal). As with anything I am sure there are a lot of people outside that range that are fine. They probably just check/watch a little closer if you are a lot under or over as the 1cm/week is the accepted average. :)

I wouldn't think that you should diet too much, shey. Eating healthy is always good, but I wouldn't cut down on a major food group to lose weight while pregnant... maybe ask your doctor or midwife next time you are in? :)

I haven'thad the GD test yet. I go on DDecember 3rd. But my mom wants me to do it with her to lose weight. Cause the stores she shops at doesn't carry plus size clothes

It has to be because you are supposed to be on a low carb diet in case of gestational diabetes...

I agree with surprise bub ... also gd diet isn't as simple as low carb, I'm not really in the know but I think it's more controlling carbs and the type you have, plus balancing what you eat it with it each time so I wouldn't low carb without medical advice while pregnant.
Xx

Definitely get medical advice on any big diet changes during pregnancy. Apparently GD diets aren't low carb, just controlled carbs, spaced through the day.

That's awesome that you guys got to meet up!! Anyone in the LA area?!

Hi Ladies,
I tried to catch up on everything....I still need to get my flu shot...and like Bridget I've gained quite a lot of weight too.
I just started back at work on Tuesday after 18 days off. It's been hell getting back into the routine. I feel the time off deconditioned my body from the physicality of the job. Being back I've been coming home exhausted and with crazy back pain. Everyone I work with has been commenting on how big I got while I was gone too and saying they don't think I will keep working for much longer.
I don't want to use my mat leave on time without baby, and work can't force me to take mat leave, even if I'm struggling. They are supposed to just adjust my tasks...
Right now I'm thinking of going until January 1st and then take my vacation days which will get me closer to my due date.
Just taking it day by day I guess...

What do you do, Wnt2beAMom? Sounds quite physical!

That sounds tough, wnt2be. :hugs: I can definitely see not using maternity leave until you have to- but make sure you listen to your body, too :hugs:

We had a disastrous maternity tour this morning- I felt queasy throughout and had to miss the whole c-section part as I went to have a sit down in the lobby at that point. Our hospital is well rated, but there were also some disappointing parts- the dads can stay in the room, but they get a very crappy fold out arm chair :( i think my DH was really disappointed in that, as he was very grumpy on our way home. Gah! I get his point that obviously the mother and baby are the focus, but it sucks to feel pushed aside/shunted out of what is a big life experience for him too.

Took the glucose test today , wasn't as bad as I expected it to be but the after effects of it is kind of bothering me but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Any mommas in school or thinking about returning perhaps?

I agree with surprise bub ... also gd diet isn't as simple as low carb, I'm not really in the know but I think it's more controlling carbs and the type you have, plus balancing what you eat it with it each time so I wouldn't low carb without medical advice while pregnant.
Xx
I agree top, actually. I meant that it better be ok. Because I have to take insulin to eat carbs and so I don't eat many carbs - some whole grain bread for breakfast and apple's on top of low carb meals during the day.

Xx
I agree too, actually. I meant that it better be ok. Because I have to take insulin to eat carbs and so I don't eat many carbs - some whole grain bread for breakfast and apple's on top of low carb meals during the day.

Right now one year ago my beautiful baby daughter was born it was a fantastic experience heres hoping this one is too

I agree with the other girls that you should not make big diet changes during pregnancy without consulting your doctor first. It could be very dangerous to you and your baby. I do think that it would be fine to make simple changes, cut out the obvious bad foods (junk food, fast food, fried foods, sweets, etc.) and focus on filling your plate with fresh veggies and fruits.

It is so cool that Shells and Raspberry were able to meet up! It would be really nice to know someone due around the same time as me. Luckily I know a few twin mommies in real life so they are great to offer advice.

SurpriseBub, your hubby sounds like mine. I have to beg him to stop when we are driving a distance. Usually I like to stop once for a 4 hour trip to stretch and use a restroom...I don't think that is unreasonable! I am afraid I will need him to stop every hour with the twins using my bladder as a punching bag... :) I am sure your flight will be fine, walk around the airport before getting on the plane, wear comfy clothes and just relax on the plane.

I am glad others are measuring ahead and that it is normal. My MIL freaked me out because she was asking if that meant the twins would be 4 weeks early. It is just a measurement, right? It has nothing to do with delivering way early?

Trying to catch up on the last couple of pages!

Melly - He hurt his knee in work back in February, just slipped getting onto the bus at the worksite! Luckily the driver was instant in recording it as an incident as it got worse over time and eventually lead to the surgery this August! Because of it all being recorded in the first place, his company and workers compensation has covered everything, phew!

So his appointment went well, doctor agreed that if he can't even kneel down on his knee then he isn't even ready for light duty yet, plus there's still swelling in there. Wants to see him again on the 18th of December so he's off for another month! It's getting really close to the due date now, as much as I want him to get better and not be in pain...I really hope it will keep bothering him until at least next March :haha:

He stayed in Calgary over night for his appointment so his sister picked him up from the airport and he stayed with them. She told me to make sure be brings a big empty bag with him and OMG... she sent him home with a bag full of baby clothes that she'd been collecting for us!! Even things that we hadn't bought yet like receiving blankets and scratch mittens! Most of it came from thrift stores so I'm glad she hadn't spend loads, but wow I love every item, it was like Christmas going through it all last night!

Savvy I'm certain fundal height has nothing to do with delivering early.
Xx

Captain, glad that the incident was reported and covered. It is nice that your hubby has another month off to prepare for baby. Hopefully he won't be in pain, but will still be unable to work for a while longer! So sweet of his sister to spoil the new baby (and you too!). I had my shower the other weekend and it seriously looks like we robbed a baby store. We got so much stuff it is almost embarrassing!

Raspberry, thanks for making me feel better! I get nervous these two will come way early. My MIL already has me convinced I will be on bedrest...I just want to prove her wrong now! :)

Fundal height does not affect how early/late baby will be. :) I was always measuring 2 weeks behind with DD and she came 4 days after her due date. This time, I'm measuring right on track at every appointment, but it's not necessarily due to the baby's size. My midwife said that second babies tend to measure ahead just due to being larger in general and the uterine/ stomach muscles already being more relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->