FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks Feronia!

I got so much done today, but I am completely exhausted. My hubby got all the furniture together and arranged for me this week so I wanted to start organizing everything. I did 5 loads of laundry, washing all of the blankets, burp cloths, towels, etc. Sorted everything and started putting things away. I need to start on clothes this weekend. I have about 100 outfits that I received as gifts from my shower and a few that I bought. I think they have more clothes than me! :)

SurpriseBub, your hubby sounds like mine. I have to beg him to stop when we are driving a distance. Usually I like to stop once for a 4 hour trip to stretch and use a restroom...I don't think that is unreasonable! I am afraid I will need him to stop every hour with the twins using my bladder as a punching bag... :) I am sure your flight will be fine, walk around the airport before getting on the plane, wear comfy clothes and just relax on the plane.

Thanks, savvy! :) you definitely get at least 4 stops in four hours if you are pregnant with twins!! ;)

How lovely that you are washing clothes and getting everything set up! I think our next purchase is a crib, and then a dresser and changing table. When that is in place I guess I will do the same.

It kind of hit home today that within 14 weeks I will either be having major surgery or giving birth. Eep! It seems very surreal, though I am so very excited to get to see, feel, and love on her!

I actually counted today and realised that if the OB won't let me go past February 10th, then that's 88 days away! Holy crap! Under 100 days!

Its so hard to keep up on here. Nice to know there's always messages to read whenever I come on though :)

Also Raspberry, I just realised that on the front page I'm under the wrong due date. Can you move me from the 13th to the 10th please? Thank you :)

Hope you're all doing well xx

Its so hard to keep up on here. Nice to know there's always messages to read whenever I come on though :)

Also Raspberry, I just realised that on the front page I'm under the wrong due date. Can you move me from the 13th to the 10th please? Thank you :)

Hope you're all doing well xx

I'm having trouble editing on my new phone so I will change as soon as I get on the pc.

Is it safe to say that everyone else is team yellow that doesn't have a :pink: or :blue: next to their name?

Xx

Hi girls,

Sorry, it’s been a little while.

Wnttobe – I hope that your work gets better, sounds exhausting.

Rasberry and Shells – Really jealous you guys have gotten to meet up. I don’t have anyone near me that’s pregnant, and keep meaning to join yoga classes etc to make some pregnant friends, but with work and looking for a house and now getting ready to move in a couple of weeks, hasn’t happened! Oh well, there are mom and baby classes later! (And Raspberry, I’m still team yellow.)

SurpriseBub – Your poor OH!

Captain – That’s so nice of your SIL! Er, fingers crossed your OH continues to have knee trouble so he can stay home with you! :p I’ve been meaning to say for a little while that I loved the pics of your boat nursery and I’m envious of your life on a boat! I’m originally from Halifax, lived for a couple of years (one as a child, one at UVic) on Vancouver Island and have done a bit of sailing, including a summer ‘racing’ (I was the most useful crew member ever, lol, but it was so much fun) on a 47 foot Kaufman. Living in Ottawa/Hull, I really miss the ocean!

Shey – ‘What to expect’ says not to do a low carb diet. See link here: www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/week-9/low-carb.aspx

But while we’re on the topic of food… this is one of my FAVOURITE books, I’ve read it literally three times, ‘Real food for mother and baby’, Nina Planck… www.amazon.com/Real-Food-Mother-Bab...63&sr=1-1&keywords=real+food+for+mom+and+baby

And this is my favourite website: www.100daysofrealfood.com/. (See the ‘Start Here’ tab.) She has lots of good ideas for feeding kids! She recently released a cookbook – it’s on my wish list for Christmas. :) (Sorry. I’m slightly obsessed with food!)

I also did the glucose screening test yesterday. Get the results in a week and a bit. I told the technician that she should really be letting me eat chocolate cake, and she said that it used to be that old school doctors would let their patients do that! Too bad times have changed!

Glad everyone's doing well!
I haven't really put on much weight this pregnancy (5 kg at last app) but I'm a little overweight having piled on the pounds during my previous 2 pregnancies and never really loosing the extra weight after. This pregnancy I'm determined to maintain my weight by eating healthily. I am also trying to do an hours walk every night now the weather here is better!

Re weight gain im still down 26lb from my starting weight but I jow have forti sip supplements from my dr so hope to do better

Is it safe to say that everyone else is team yellow that doesn't have a :pink: or :blue: next to their name?

Xx

Still yellow here for the moment, have another scan on the 8th of December though, so hoping to know what we are having then!

I'm off for my 3-hour glucose test! Wish me luck!!

Good luck Melly! With your numbers from last time, I'd be surprised if you didn't pass!

I only meet other pregnant women at my prenatal yoga class and I think everyone else is due in Feb as well! I don't really know any of them very well, though.

You went to UVic huckleberry? I went to grad school there! :D I miss the city so much -- I'd love to move back!

I'm having family and friends guess the sex, DOB, length, and weight again this time, but DH and I are also joining in! My mom is insistent that it's a girl (though she was insistent that it was a boy last time... and mad when it wasn't)! DH has no idea what to guess but I've put in my vote... even though I have no real intuition on it, heh. I'm getting people say they "hope I have one of each" which sort of bothers me because I don't care, don't think they should either, and don't really understand how one of each is somehow better?

Good luck Melly - so hope you pass this second test, you were only just over on the other! x

I picked up my pram today and it's almost built - had to stop for dinner :happydance: (i'll post a pic when it's done) It's getting so real now! 8 weeks on monday i could be being induced! 58 days..... :wacko: Seriously can't believe the countdown is on til i get to meet my little men :cloud9: :cloud9:

That makes things feel very real!! x

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/pramresize_zpsd64ac5b0.jpg

Good luck, melly!! :)

Love your pram, shells- it is all getting to be very real!

We had the fire alarm go off in our big apartment complex twice overnight. Ugh. The alarm is so loud and shrill that it leaves our adult ears ringing. Baby was definitely jumping around too- do you think she is well insulated enough that it wouldn't hurt her ears?

Thanks :) Yes i wouldn't worry about baby's ears, yes they are hearing what we hear but it's much more muffled and cushioned - i work with loud music at weekend gigs and yes babies react to it, but midwife said it's fine x

Thank you Raspberry x

Good luck Melly x

Cute buggy Shells. We got our buggy yestetday too. Feels more real when you start getting the big, everyday essential things :) x

Another thing I forgot to mention from my doctors appointment from yesterday was that my little girl is in a transverse position right now. I had brought the concern to my doctor that I was experiencing kicks in my pelvis area and after examining he said she was laying sideways but will most likely decide to turn before birth. Fingers crossed for that :)

huckleberry that's awesome! Where on the island did you live? I'm in Nanaimo now but was up in Campbell River for a while (and a little over a year over in Richmond!). Halifax is where I landed in Canada when I became a permanent resident, but I never left the airport at the time! I've yet to see any of Eastern Canada since I've been in the country (4 years) but we'd love to do a road trip in the next couple of years and visit Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Nova Scotia!

Shells - I love your pram and agree that it did suddenly feel very real when we got ours a couple of weeks a go!!

Savvy - Yay for productive days! I think my new favourite past time is folding all the little clothing, I think that's all part of nesting, isn't it? I've even started taking naps in her room :haha:

Hope the test went well, Melly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->