FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Busy weekend here, looks like I missed a lot! My computer wasn't working and I was so busy I didn't check in on my phone.

Melly, congrats for passing the 3 hour test! Unfortunately you had to go through all that pain but at least you passed and are done with that.

Shells, love your pram! It is awesome.

Captain, I spent so much time folding up blankets, burp cloths, swaddles. I showed my mom and she laughed that after the twins are born I will just be jamming stuff in the drawers. At least it will look pretty and organized...for now! :)

SurpriseBub, I like your idea of stopping every hour...I am sure my husband won't agree though! If I can get him to stop twice I will be happy and make it work. Maybe we will take his SUV so he will want to stop so I don't have an "accident" :) Having the furniture makes this seem so real and exciting. I can't believe we are all around 100 days or less...completely amazing to think that just a few months ago we were all waiting for our first appointments!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

It is all getting very real, and a little scary... I think I felt faint at our hospital tour at least in part just due to nerves. I cannot wait for Feb to come around... And just hope, hope, hope it will be smooth sailing between then and now. :)

It is a little scary and I am kind of glad we have the holidays to distract me, plus the time seems to go by quicker.

I am happy and thankful for every day I get closer to my goal of 36+ weeks. :)

Savvy my SIL said the same thing to me as well about just jamming things wherever once the baby's here, but it's nice to have everything look so pretty now :haha:

And oh boy.. all I've wanted to eat throughout this pregnancy is food from the UK that I can't have!! Scotch eggs, pasties from Greggs, sausage and chips from the local chippy, grandmothers sunday dinner, Chinese takeaway, gammon and chips from the Harvester... you name it!!!

It is a little scary and I am kind of glad we have the holidays to distract me, plus the time seems to go by quicker.

I am happy and thankful for every day I get closer to my goal of 36+ weeks. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Every night when I go to bed, I feel very thankful for another day that baby could grow. It is amazing at this stage how much they are developing every day, let alone week!

Shame that you want British stuff that can't be posted, Captain! I dread to think what a Greggs bag would look like after a trip over the Atlantic :haha:

Captain, I got a bunch of organizing bins from Ikea. I think that will help me...even if the bins aren't organized at least I will be able to find it.

SurpriseBub, each day is a blessing. As much as I can't wait to meet these two, I want them to grow and be as healthy as possible. Plus I have a lot to finish doing before they arrive!! I look at how fast the last month or two passed and I know the next two months will pass just as quickly. :)

Yep, I'm hoping for AT LEAST 36 weeks for these two. 38 would be great, and I think that's the latest I'd be recommended to go anyway.

It's funny how we all miss stuff from where we grew up. I get my mum to send me care packages from Australia of Samboy bbq chips and Milo and Allen's lollies and Mint Slices. The Mint Slices don't travel so well. :lol:

SO behind; we were away since Thursday to visit my mom since my aunts and cousin were in town... so catching up now! If I miss something/someone important, I am so sorry! :(

For my daughter, I found compression socks at CVS and wore them religiously toward the end because I was having so much swelling in my feet and ankles. I have since, of course, lost them... so I'm glad to bookmark these links in case I need them again this time. So far, I haven't had any swelling anywhere. So crazy how pregnancies differ! :rofl:

:hugs: Bridget. Hang in there love. I've been thinking of you -- glad to see you post for a check-in! You're getting so close to the end! Soon you'll have that healthy, happy and beautiful baby in your arms and then you can lose the weight. I know it's frustrating, I gained a lot with my daughter, but end result is so worth it. I'm still sorry you're struggling though. :hugs:

Savvy glad they were able to work with you on an alternative for the GD testing!

Shey -- I know that ladies who have to go low-carb and such typically meet with dietitians to help make a 'plan' of how to eat healthily (and enough!) for their pregnancy while still regulating their sugar intake. So I personally wouldn't do anything too drastic without consulting your OB/midwife first, but if you're having some issues, they may be able to suggest a dietitian who can help you figure things out. :)

Shells and Raspberry, so jealous you got to meet! I wish we lived closer and we could all have a meetup! :) But seriously, sounds like you two had fun! I'm glad you were able to meet up face to face!

Gorgeous pram, Shells!

So glad you passed your GD test Melly! Sorry it sounds like it was BRUTAL (lol) but glad it's done with and you can move on to bigger and better things! ;) Yay!

I have my GD test tomorrow, meaning I NEED to get to the store and buy OJ today for my test. :rofl: I can't believe I had kind of forgotten about that important piece of info. Whoops!

Hey all, thought I would upload a photo of my pram now my phone is letting me! I love it x

Attachments

• received_m_mid_1410205046890_1f0d5b17255fc03357_8.jpg
    received_m_mid_1410205046890_1f0d5b17255fc03357_8.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 6
Hahaha, good luck with the test swan!!

So, if it's not one thing it's another, right? Last night during the night, half asleep I popped my ears at one point, and felt a very sharp, painful, stabbing pain in my left ear. Now I've woken up with quite the considerable earache. I can still pop it, so I don't think I've busted the eardrum or anything, but it's very painful to pop and it feels like it pops 'back' again straight away. Owwwwwww :(

I haven't been keeping up to date with this (again) so I'll try and catch up after I've cooked dinner! For now, I hope everyone is doing ok.

Quick updates from me:
- I've gained 2 and a half stone already! I don't quite know what to do with myself, I almost fainted when I stood on the scales. I'm worried my midwife is going to tell me off lol.
-Bought some more furniture for baby girls room. Looks like everyone will be getting an orange for Christmas this year.
- Feeling movements a lot more through my anterior placenta now! Even seen my belly wobbling side to side.

Pens: if your midwife gives you crap, just say, "You're stressing me out and it's not good for me or the baby." :rofl: I gained a lot with my pregnancy with DD and though I know it wasn't the *best* thing for me (only because I ate ANYTHING and everything I wanted, within reason, as in ice cream for breakfast on occasion), per se, I was a happy mama and she was a healthy baby. :) I ended up at 50some pounds up at 35 weeks, then I had her. As long as everything looks healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Haha thanks swan! I'm short as well so I seem to gain weight quite rapidly when I do. I'm really surprised though as I haven't over indulged in anything, I eat the same way I did before I was pregnant. Everything looks healthy with baby and my blood pressure and everything else is really good so that eases my mind a bit. Just hope I can shift it after I've had her!

I'm kind of short too Pens (5'3"), so I feel you! I run out of room too quickly, it seems. :rofl: But if all looks good, then that's what counts IMO. :) I know my joints were aching by the end with DD but I think that would have happened no matter what my gain was. lol!

Random question of the day: Anyone experiencing hair loss? The last few days when I brush my hair small sections of strands fall out. Not sure if this is related to pregnancy or I had the Tday vaccine last Thursday. Any help is appreciated, I am a bit concerned and not sure if I should call the nurse.

Melly, ouch! That sounds painful. Hope it feels better soon.

Im seeing my wonderful community midwife tomorrow uopingbshe can help with the anxiety butmim so panicked all the time it sucks

From about 12 weeks, I have had a lot of hair falling out, savvy. Not in clumps, and not anywhere near to bald patches or anything like that... I just seem to be constantly shedding. My dr said it just happens to some women (no thick lustrous pregnancy locks for me!). I can't tell whether it is better or the same as it was, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse since I noticed it happening.

If you are worried, call!

yep hair loss for me too...

was looking forward to lovely pregnancy hair too!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back