FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I've started feeling hiccups this week! Some last night and some a few days ago.

Is it obvious when they have hiccups?

I haven't been told to count kicks yet either, and it will probably be hard for me since I am always unsure of who is kicking me unless I feel it on the sides.

Is baby grasping their cord enough to make their heartrate go down a common thing?
Was at the OB appt today, and his HR was low, then he moved a tad, and it went racing back up. She told us not to be concerned as most of the time it is just him grabbing on a squeezing the cord, then letting go. Though she is giving us an u/s in a few days to make sure.
I feel him alot most days, so I know he is moving around etc. Some days are kind quiet though.

JM I'm so sorry to hear your tragic news :( Praying for your family.

Baby boy is kicking me all over the place. He's doing somersaults in there, clearly. Right now I'm lying on my left side and I feel kicks and jabs on BOTH sides of my belly, so I guess he's transverse- but it changes all the time!

My sister called me today in shock because she found out she's pregnant with her third! She's not really in a good position for another baby but it will work out somehow. Kinda interesting that our pregnancies will overlap a bit. She'll just be entering her second trimester when I give birth.

I've gained about 31 lbs also. It sucks, I do feel like I'm fat and constantly hungry, but I try really hard to not let it affect me emotionally because I know my baby is fine and I'll drop the weight after birth. Starting to really get excited for getting my body back after this pregnancy, even though I'm enjoying having the baby belly. My pelvic pain has gone down dramatically and overall I'm feeling well. Hardly anything to do at work these days so I'm enjoying taking it easy, doing housework, yoga and swimming when I am in the mood.

One of my good friends gave me two huge bags of clothes from her boy, and several of them are brand new- plus she also is lending us a lot of other baby essentials! And I am really happy with my baby registry, and my shower is Sunday. Whatever we don't get gifted after the holidays are over, we'll probably buy off our own registry.

I haven't felt any hiccups yet, would love to though!

And Megamegan I started feeling baby girl on both sides of my belly the other day too!

Over the past couple of weeks OH has really been able to feel our little girl moving about, especially on the sides! Sometimes he rests his hand on my side and she will "scrape" a foot or fist against my side and it makes him cringe haha.

Does anyone think I should be concerned with lack of movements on some days with anterior placenta?

I'm getting worried about flying for thanksgiving :s ...how late in pregnancy are you ladies planning to fly? (I want to go, and know there are good hospitals nearby once we are there... It is just the flight that is making me nervous).

I have an anterior placenta, too pens. I was a bit worried, as Baby was quiet on Sunday. She also seemed to move a week and a half ago and since then the movements aren't as strong (I think she is kicking the placenta instead of me, now! :( I think I am the only one on here wanting her breech so I can feel more again!!) I did feel movement on Sunday, and felt fine after that. I think if you feel nothing and are worried, you should call to talk it over with you dr/midwife. But I think having quieter and livelier days is normal. They say the biggest indicator is a change- your baby will have their own pattern of movement, and it is good if they keep that up! ...in short, listen to your body/baby, and trust your instincts.

Does anyone think I should be concerned with lack of movements on some days with anterior placenta?

Pens, my doctor said last week that the movements wouldn't be strong at all on my right side because baby B has an anterior placenta. I am mainly feeling everything on the left, down low, a few kicks up top and way over on my right side. Do you have an appointment soon with your doctor that you can ask them? Every day it seems like the movements get stronger for me.

I'm getting worried about flying for thanksgiving :s ...how late in pregnancy are you ladies planning to fly? (I want to go, and know there are good hospitals nearby once we are there... It is just the flight that is making me nervous).

I am sorry you are getting worried. I think you can fly well into 30+ weeks and it looks like you will be around 28-29 weeks. Does your doctor know you are flying? Try to get an aisle seat, wear comfy clothes and shoes, stretch often and relax. I am guessing you are visiting family or friends for the holidays and that will be worth the trip to see everyone! :flower:

So sorry for your loss JM :hugs:

I have been wondering about feeling hiccups lately. I've seen my belly move up and down slowly and rhythmically as I've seen it described but can't feel anything when it happens, so I'm unsure. I'm still getting a ton of movement though so I've just been enjoying that.

We bought our first bulk of nappies and wipes yesterday! My plan was to pick up boxes here and there when we see them on sale, but after one box of each I don't think I have room for any more!

Thanks, savvy. :) I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. I do really want to go (and my OH is dying to see his family!)... I am seeing the dr the day before and will plan to go unless something weird is happening on the day.

I like to hear what other people think about these things, as I know I veer towards worry! :(

Thanks ladies. I saw my midwife last week and mentioned it to her and she didn't seem concerned at all and said I should feel more by 28 weeks as my uterus will change shape and hopefully move my placenta up more as my placenta is already anterior high, fingers crossed.
Every since I have felt movement I have had quiet days where I will only feel slight twinges a few times in the day but it still does make me worry a bit. I have a doppler so use that for peace of mind sometimes and she will usually give the doppler a whopping great punch as soon as I find her! If I didn't feel her at ALL for the whole day I would definitely be more concerned and contact my midwife. Just wish I could feel her more!

Trust me SurpriseBub, I worry about everything! It drives my hubby insane at times. I am always nervous and worrying and at times it makes me sick. I try to relax and think positive, it does help. Not sure if I mentioned this in a previous post...I asked my doctor about traveling for Thanksgiving (by car, 4 hours away) and she said unless I was cramping, spotting or having contractions that I would be fine to go. I figure it is my last chance at a "vacation" before the twins come so I better take advantage and go. :)

Pens, I would be delighted to feel the twins kick and move all day...and then they could sleep all night! I love seeing my stomach pop and move around, it is the coolest thing ever. Hopefully in the next few weeks you will start to feel even more movement!

I think I may have GD, or something is not right...so on october 30th i weighed 153lbs 11.2oz and today I weigh 165lbs 6oz. In 19 days I gained 12 and a half pounds. My weights so far this pregnancy at the midwife have been as follows:

June 19th (7 weeks): 121lbs 6.4oz
July 10th (10 weeks): 124lbs 1.6oz
August 14th (15 weeks): 129lbs 11.2oz
September 11th (19 weeks): 136lbs 8oz
October 9th (23 weeks): 147lbs 6.4oz
October 30th (26 weeks): 153lbs 11.2oz

and of course today 165lbs 6oz at home. My scale at home weighs exactly the same as the one at the midwife, I have weighed myself at home before and after multiple appoints and its maybe off like .5oz
beginning to get concerned for my health. hopefully going in tomorrow to do the glucose test. what do you think ladies?

other symptoms:

for the past 4-6 weeks i have been seeing white/black swirlies in my vision 1-2 times a day and it only lasts about 5-15 seconds
and i have been peeing more frequently but not drinking more frequently i have force myself to drink more than 25oz (750ml) of liquid a day (i have always been that way my whole life never drank a whole lot)
i get dizzy about 1-2 times a day where i have to lay down for about 30-45mins

my urine at my appointment on the 30th was good same with blood pressure
i have no way of checking my blood pressure at home.

Has your blood pressure been ok, Bridget? I think preeclampsia can lead to rapid weight gain (but I assume that they have checked/your bp has been ok at your appointments?). Sounds good for you to do the GD test and generally let them know you are worried. If you feel like something is going on, make sure you push for them to keep looking. Hopefully you don't have anything, but if you do, hope that they find it out for you.

**just saw you updated with bp- you can buy a cuff at cvs or Walgreens... And many pharmacies do free bp checks (there is a machine I spotted in the one near me the other day). I think it sounds good that your are scheduled to see you midwife. Let her know everything, and hope it all goes well.

I should add... don't drive yourself crazy, bridget. It is very easy to get worked up and very worried, which isn't good for you. You have your suspicions, and definitely should follow them up. But don't stress yourself out. Wait for your appointment and go through things there, where they are able to really assess you. I know that I am one to talk, but try not to stress yourself out... and step away from google!

jmandrews: I am so, so terribly sorry for your loss. I have no words, but I am thinking and praying for your family. :hugs:

Pens I didn't start counting kicks yet. I forgot to ask today at my appt when I should begin, but I go back in two weeks and plan to ask then... if I remember. Hopefully someone else has an idea. :rofl: I feel him on a daily basis, but never really pay attention to how much and such. Some days it's a lot more than others, and I always feel him going ballistic when I try to fall asleep. rofl! But I wouldn't be concerned about it at this point. I know for me, I often will be so busy during the day I'm not paying attention to when he's moving, but the midwife said he probably is, just is masked by my own activity during the day.

Melly I just began feeling hiccups. He doesn't get them quite as often as his sister. Yet. LOL

Savvy: they're pretty much just a rhythmic 'tapping' feeling at this point. It feels like movements almost, except in a pattern of timeliness.

hi ladies! Sorry I've been bad about reading and replying!

JM I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I've been feeling crazy hiccups! sometimes they will last 40 minutes at a time!

About kick counts... I'm a high risk pregnancy as you all know and I was just told to start at 26 weeks. Just today I was told most moms have a tough time until 28-30 weeks. There are two ways I've been told to do them... one at my regular ob is to pick one time a day and count kicks and make sure he does 10 in an hour. the way the perinatalogist has patients do it is to do a time in the morning and a time in evening and see how many minutes it takes to get to 4 kicks (they must get to 4 in an hour). they have me keep a chart and that way it's easy to see if baby always took 10 minutes or less and suddenly starts taking 50 there may be a concern. Kick counts are extremely important and I highly recommend them and keeping a record. Reduced movement is often a first sign of a problem and is more reliable than a doppler as heart rate is a later sign of an issue. If your Dr doesn't make you do them, consider doing them on your own. The idea is to get to know your baby's patterns so you'll know if anything is amiss.

River, I have heard of babies grabbing their cords like that. I actually saw my baby do it today on an ultrasound. I'm glad you're getting a scan to double check on things.

Bridget when is your next appointment? All of those symptoms sound like preeclampsia. I think the vision disturbances are especially disconcerting. I would call your midwife and let her know your concerns. Are your ankles or hands swelling? With that said I gained 15lbs in 3 weeks and there was nothing wrong. I am being watched so closely but it seems it was just a growth spurt so it could just be one of those things. Hope you're ok.

So update on me. .. I woke up to blood in my panties yesterday. it was old looking and stopped after a few hours. I had my appointment at the perinatalogist office and the nurse practicioner I saw said everything looks fine. They think my cervix may be irritated from lifting my son (25 lbs and not yet walking). Everything else looked good today too so I'm feeling fine with things.

hope you all are well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->