FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

well passed my glucose test and saw my midwife yesterday. blood pressure was 110/60 and urine was negative for protein so not at risk for preeclampsia yet but my mom had it with her first (she was 30) didnt have it with her two middle children and then had it with me (she was 41 when she had me) and her mom had it too with her first. plus im under 20 so i have a disposition for it. i guess my body just thinks there is some sort of famine going on and is going nuts according to my midwife. she says not to worry. baby had a strong heartbeat and is moving everyday

still the weight gain is causing me some major stress/depression
really having an impact on my mental health

Big hugs bridget, it sounds like you and baby are healthy, try to concentrate on that.

I'm glad you're ok Bridget. I'm sorry you're so down about the gain. you'll go back to your previous weight easily I am sure. I have been gaining so much faster than with my first son. it's a little frustrating at times but I'm just trying to enjoy pregnancy and worry about the weight later.

Sorry to hear that your weight is making you feel under the weather, Bridget. I've also gained a lot of weight and worried about what my midwife is going to say at my next appointment in 2 weeks time as that's when she will weigh me. I haven't been weighed since I was 12 weeks. My BP, urine and babies heartbeart was all perfect 2 weeks ago when I last saw her though so I'm hoping it's just one of those things.
I actually started tracking how many calories I was eating during the day because I thought I must be over eating but it turns out I'm unconsciously only eating 1,500 or less, which is less than what I'm supposed to. I'm never hungry so I don't think I should up it to what my daily allowance should actually be in case I gain even more :-k

I'll have to remember to ask my OB about home visits next time I see him, always fun watching someone climbing onto the boat for the first time :haha:

OH and I went swimming yesterday and it was heavenly! They had all these floats available for kids so I grabbed one and floated around the pool for an hour. They also had this little lazy river (OH and I were like little kids racing around on it) but in the middle they had a little jacuzzi area, the water was the same temp as the pool but they had jets so I could sit with them on my back, an amazing substitute for the hot tub! OH said it felt great on his knee too so I think we will go again tomorrow. :)

captain that sounds gorgeous, the pool shells and I have met at is bloody freezing!

pens you may actually find you aren't eating enough...
1500 calories isn't enough for me non pregnant, if I want to lose weight I often have to eat more, but of the right stuff so it may explain the gain.

xx

Bump is really starting to weigh me down. Today I couldn't wait to get home and lie down. Roll on maternity leave.

Yeah I'm half tempted to go home early and nap for a couple of hours before the breastfeeding class, but I have too much to do!

Mmmm a warm pool sounds lovely right about now. I am so darn cold!

pens you may actually find you aren't eating enough...
1500 calories isn't enough for me non pregnant, if I want to lose weight I often have to eat more, but of the right stuff so it may explain the gain.

xx

For my height I think the amount of calories I need for a day is 1450-1650 but 1950-2150 to gain weight. I don't eat around 1500 every day, I will have little splurges some days where I probably do eat about 2000 so it is very easy for me to gain weight anyway :-(

I just called the local health authority today to get info on pre-natal classes and was told they're fully booked from now until my due date. All they offer is one class on a Saturday that goes 9AM-3:30PM, that's it, and it's fully booked. I assumed there would be an hourly class every week I could attend but nope.

So there's no pre-natal swimming, pre-natal classes, breastfeeding groups, birthing classes, nothing! And I'm in a fairly big city! Can't decide if I'm more annoyed, disappointed or upset right now!

Aww captain that's awful! Are there classes offered privately? I would be so frustrated!

pens I put on weight easily too :-(

captain that is disappointing, there's been a lot of funding cuts here for breastfeeding groups, there are only a handful across the county now.
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't go to an antenatal class because my midwife forgot to book me in! It's not been mentioned to me this time presumably as it's not my first. well my ds survived his first 3 year so .... lol .

xx

Took my 1 hour glucose test last Friday and still haven't heard back from the doctors office about my results yet.

Jmandrews: I'm so sorry for your lost, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Captain -
https://www.journeyofbirth.ca/bfw.html
https://www.omtown.ca/

were the 2 I found after a quick search

Also - https://www.blysyoga.com/prenatal-birth-prep-workshop-for-couples-nanaimo/

Captain, are you able to take the ferry to Vancouver? I know a few people who run prenatal classes here (specifically Birthing from Within -- which is phenomenal) and might be able to get you a spot if you're up for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->