FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts!

When I finally got to bed I was woken up about every hour with contractions :( That's never happened to me. Especially after a shot to stop them. I'm taking it extremely easy right now and will keep an eye on things. I have all my appointments Monday and my plan for now is to ask my ob to check me again. if I've had any change I'll really want to consider steroid shots. As of last night they said I didn't seem to need them immediately but I can talk to my ob Monday. Ugh I'm so unsettled because I've never had a positive and currently have none of the factors that usually cause a false positive. Still I know it's not a for sure test at all so I can't get too stressed over it.

Thank you all :hugs:

2ndtime, did you hear from your mw?

Shells, that does sound like pitting edema. I hope everything is OK. Have you taken your blood pressure in a bit?

How is everyone else feeling?

My midwife said it coulf be a uti but if it gets worse to call l and d

Thanks for all the messages ladies!

SurpriseBub - Sadly that is the one held by the hospital. The day starts off with a tour of the maternity ward and then around 4-5 hours in a classroom setting to go over different issues. I was a little shocked at the fact it was only the one day, with so many things to cover I'd imagine it being a little crammed, and I know I'd be struggling to keep things in after 4-5 hours of information being spilled at me! I really thought a weekly class lasting an hour or two was quite standard.

River - Thank you for the links, my husband and I had looked into them after the nurse on the phone suggested we looked into other options. With OH being on workers comp and getting a lower income since his surgery, money is quite tight and I'm not sure we really want to put money into these classes when we're not sure if they're quite "right" for us.

Raspberry - :haha: Thank you, your post made me giggle. I know these classes aren't necessary, I think what upset me more is that I was hoping to attend some weekly classes where I could meet some local people at last. With not having my family or childhood friends in the same country the thought of having my first baby here is a little daunting. Especially when OH will be back to working away sometime soon!

Feronia - Thank you for the offer! I'm just across the road from Departure Bay terminal but with the costs of the ferries these days and the amount of time it takes to get from Horseshoe Bay into at least downtown, it's quite the trek! The nurse I spoke to told me they are hoping to put on some more classes in the next couple of weeks because the demand is so high, plus I'm on the waiting list in case of cancellations and I will certainly be seeing if my OB can do something for me!

Captain - that would be useful, I've said it before but it can be an isolating time after you've had a baby. There's the NCT in the UK who run a weekly course it's private so you have to pay. Would there be anything similar where you are?
I did go to a baby massage group which was good for at least making acquaintances.
The breastfeeding group I found was also great and I'm still in touch with two of the ladies from there.
Xx

Sorry that the contractions have kept up, ttc :hugs: if you are worried, go back in before Monday. I am sure it is all very scary- thinking of you! Fingers crossed nothing happens, and baby stays put. Hopefully the FFN isn't a sign of labor- at least you have that piece of info as Intel if anything starts. And don't forget that at almost 30 weeks, if the baby did come, prognosis is very positive :hugs: ...with that being said- stay put, baby!! ;)

Boooo- that sucks re: classes, captain. The ones through our hospital are released and are then fill up almost immediately. We did the tour- it was good to see, though I can't say I would consider it indispensable. I also felt sick and missed the whole c-section portion, anyway :s

The childbirth thing at our hospital is also less than convenient- I was also surprised they didn't do an hour over several weeks, which I would also have preferred.

We are booked to do infant CPR and will then see what happens on the birth classes. I got Ina May's book, so may just read that, make a birth plan and take the big day as it comes.

So sorry to hear you ended up in L&D, TTC. Hope that on Monday they can do something that keeps everything under control so bubba can cook a little longer! :hugs: Hang in there love! Will be thinking and praying that some rest and relaxation this weekend helps. And I agree with Surprise -- if things continue, I'd just call them before Monday. I'm sure they'd understand. :hugs: Big hugs and love your way!

Hope all is okay 2nd Time! Stalking for an update! :hugs:

I was so swollen with #1 Shells. It was awful. I had to drink an abnormal amount of water and really tried avoiding salt toward the end. Lots of compression socks and feet-up time. It was really uncomfortable though, I feel your pain. :( Never was diagnosed with anything other than "eating like crap, gaining too much weight too fast..." but they kept close tabs on me in case that changed.

So, I passed my glucose test - yay! But I failed out on iron levels. I am always just shy of the level in my bloods so having that a tad low was no shock, but the ferritin level this time was lower than I've had it... and classified as iron deficient.
I get my results online, so I haven't talked to my doctor yet, and now everything is closed for the weekend. I am thinking of just starting to take iron pills everyday - at least this weekend until I get a chance to talk to the OB.

For anyone worried about baby coming early, this chart has really helped me to calm down a bit:

15231628713_d87623c4c3.jpg

These were the survival rates in the US of babies born in the late 1990's, and advances have been made since then, so the rates are probably higher now.

Also: "A baby's chances for survival increases 3-4% per day between 23 and 24 weeks of gestation and about 2-3% per day between 24 and 26 weeks of gestation. After 26 weeks the rate of survival increases at a much slower rate because survival is high already."

Found this info on https://www.spensershope.org/chances_for_survival.htm if anyone wants to research a bit more. 30 weeks is when I'll relax even more, due to the survival rate being over 95%, even that early. It is amazing at what our little ones are capable of already! :flower:

Great chart MrsTM!

Sorry to hear about the iron tests, River! But glad to hear your GD came back normal! :)

River, hooray for passing the glucose test! If you start taking more iron, do be aware that it can make you more constipated, so maybe increase your fluids/fiber/stool softeners at the same time!

Hello ladies,
I hope everyone is doing okay. I was wondering what people's opinions were on bugaboo frog pram? I literally don't know a thing about it. My close friend has used it with her baby and told me I could get it off her with all extras for a very very reasonable price. I was planning on buying a pram first hand but I wouldn't mind saving some money by buying it off someone I know very well. The pram is in an excellent condition but I seriously don't know anything about it. All advice is greatly appreciated...
It comes with carrycot and pushchair part, rain cover, car seat adapters which are suitable for maxi cosi and we already have a brand new maxi cosi.
I know frog is no longer been made which also appeals to me in a way as not a lot of other people will have one...
What do you think?

Alicia, I would test drive your friend's pram a few times and see if you like it.

Thanks Melly, already been test driving it and it seems very smooth but it is my first baby and I am absolutely clueless when it comes to prams! Arghhhh.
I was going to buy the new bugaboo chameleon but this is a very lovely cheap offer and I could spend the rest of the money I was going to spend on a brand new one, on other things. It's just so hard to make a decision! I don't want to waste my money on something that I will not use.

I guess it depends on how good the price is! I would read reviews online and go from there. I would also think about why your friend is getting rid if it... Ie. If she has had her last child, then of course she would sell it regardless... But if not, maybe there were things she didn't like, and she is looking to upgrade next time? (In which case, I would likely choose a different model, too) :)

Anyone feeling hurt by "You look huge" comments? Lol
I think people are just clueless to the different sizes in pregnancy.. There's no winning...I've got "you look ready to pop", " Are you having a Christmas baby?" "Oh, February.....you've got a long ways to go...."
Grrrr!

I keep getting told that my belly looks small, and that stings too! (And gets me worried about growth). Beyond anything overwhelmingly positive like 'you look great!', nobody should comment on a pregnant lady's body!

I keep getting told that my belly looks small, and that stings too! (And gets me worried about growth). Beyond anything overwhelmingly positive like 'you look great!', nobody should comment on a pregnant lady's body!

Ya, I agree.

The other one is "You look like you're having a boy". I'm team yellow but now can't get it out of my head that it must be a boy. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->