FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Looks like my blood pressure was about 120/80...so Dr might take me off work early. Now I'm anxiously waiting to get checked again. Now I wanna rub it in work's face that "See! Look what not giving me adequate modifications does!"

Has anyone noticed stronger movements/kicks since entering the 3rd trimester? Also has anyone's nausea returned?

Wnt2beAMom, that doesn't sound so bad -- it's just at the high end of normal. Or did I miss something? Do you have other symptoms?

dcm, I've definitely noticed stronger movements lately! Thankfully my nausea has been gone since about 18 weeks. Sorry yours has returned...

Ya, I don't think it's too bad, but Dr wants to see how it is next appointment.

Dcm.... I have felt stronger movement. Think it's starting to wake me up at night actually.

Captain that stinks! I am so sorry! :(

No word on my glucose test. They said they expected my results by today and to go by, "No news is good news," as the philosophy. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. LOL

I just got home from l&d. I went for contractions and pressure that felt like more than irritable uterus. On the monitor I was having strong contractions mixed in with smaller IU ones.
The Dr checked me and said she could get her finger in but not all the way through. Before the cervix check they checked for infections and did a fetal fibronectin test. Infection tests were negative but the ffn came back positive. It scared me because I had many done with ds1 and they were all negative. The Dr checked me again and said no change so they gave me a shot to stop contractions and monitored more. Once they were sure the contractions stopped they sent me home. Hopefully things will stay calm because I really did get nervous

Ttc how scary. Glad all ok.

I'm off sick yesterday and today with a cold. Really knocked me out. Took paracetamol every 4 hours yesterday as temp was 37.9 not too bad but didn't want to increase it. Anyone know how long you can take paracetamol for? Don't really want to over do it. X

Im getting strong back pains coming and going for the last 3 hours not sure if I should call mw or wait it out

Ttc how scary. Glad all ok.

I'm off sick yesterday and today with a cold. Really knocked me out. Took paracetamol every 4 hours yesterday as temp was 37.9 not too bad but didn't want to increase it. Anyone know how long you can take paracetamol for? Don't really want to over do it. X

Just make sure that you don't go over the recommended dose in 24 hours, I always try the minimum dose first as we have 500mg tablets I try to just have 1. I find dispersible ones work quicker.
If you feel you need to take them for 2/3 days I would speak to your midwife/doctor.
xx

TTC that sounds scary! Hope the injections work and stop those contractions! x

smawfl i have been sick with a cold too, it's no fun! I just get over mine then a few weeks later it's back :dohh: Hot honey and lemon drink (with ginger if you can stand it) paracetamol up to the recommended dose and lockets can all help x

woke up quite swollen this morning, it's becoming more the norm these days in my fingers and ankles/feet! It goes down quite quickly most days and returns at night. I had my ankles crossed on the sofa (naughty i know but when i notice i'm doing it i uncross them!) and noticed that the indents took over an hour to go from the swelling! Is this Pitting Edema?? I'm Missing out on a big event tonight due to this cold, i'm working this weekend at my final weekend event and felt that the one tonight (although social for me) was too far to travel (140 miles each way) feeling this crappy and swollen. So DH decided to take my car so he doesn't have to use the big van... which means i'm stuck at home and can't get the supermarket :dohh: Will have to call mum when she finishes work to rescue me lol

Oh no shells! I was really swollen first pregnancy from about 34? weeks. It was just water retention as I had no other signs of anything.
It wasn't pleasant, I was told to wear flight/compression socks from before I even got out of bed and keep my feet elevated as much as possible.
Try to drink lots of fluid, preferably water, and limit salt intake.
hopefully these things will help but if you get concerned then I'd err on the side of caution and phone midwife .. in fact as it's Friday you could call her anyway.
xx

i'll try all the tips first, thank you :) I drink lots of water throughout the day, i'm wondering if this cold has made it worse, it's not usually this bad, will definitely up the fluid intake xx

Hope everything is ok 2ndtime!

Well i need to learn that i can't do everything... but i'll learn that lesson the hard way lol My FIL is on his way to pick me up to take me to DH by 4pm so i can now go to this event tonight... you know the one 140 miles away i didn't want to travel all that way for :dohh: I hate to miss out on things like this, they are my favourites.... i know it'll be a few years before i get to go again!

How scary, ttc. Glad that the contractions stopped, and you could go home :hugs: Sorry as well about the FFN test being positive. At least it is good that a positive isn't a strong indicator of premature labor... Just a sign that it *might* happen. I was told that a negative is much more conclusive than they ever find a positive to be, so try to not read too much into it (as hard as I am sure that is to do!) hope you are feeling better, and baby stays put for a good while yet.

Enjoy your night out, Shells!

And hope all of those niggly colds pass quickly.

ttc, glad you were sent home. How regularly are they going to be checking on you. Did they give you steroid shots for baby's lungs? Or is it too soon for that?

shells, do take it easy!

Hugs for all the people with colds, no fun at all. :(

2ndtime, hopefully everything is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back