FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I've been getting those comments for awhile, Wnt2beAMom! Usually I can laugh them off, but sometimes they get to me.

So sorry about your contractions, ttc126, and the positive test. I hope your baby stays put for longer! If not, the chart MrsTM1 posted was really reassuring to me when I was past 24 weeks. I used to check it every week just to see the odds. :p

Ugh, I don't think it's appropriate to make any comments on another woman's body.... You can never assume anything about someone, and maybe the person whose bump is called "small" is worried about growth or had a bad scan, or vise versa. Maybe she's not even pregnant. You just never know! I've been getting comments from (childless) friends and family asking whether we tried for this baby or whether it was an accident. I hate the question, but I don't have a good comeback... Why do they need to know? DH was telling people the truth, but the other day a friend said "oh, I'm sorry..." which is super annoying considering we are EXCITED to be having another baby even though it wasn't planned!

Yes I've had them too. "not long to go,hey!" erm yes, 14 weeks actually!

Yeah, I really don't get that question, feronia! What does it matter anyway?! ...if there is a baby on the way, let's all just agree that it is a good and wonderful thing!

I keep getting told that my belly looks small, and that stings too! (And gets me worried about growth). Beyond anything overwhelmingly positive like 'you look great!', nobody should comment on a pregnant lady's body!
I agree with this 100%, something I hear on a daily basis.

I also get the your having a boy comment as well all the time because im carrying low.

Raspberry thanks for the tip, I'll look into it and see if there's something similar here!

SurpriseBub - :hugs: Sorry you're in the same position as me but it's made me feel a lot better about it all! After sleeping on it for a day or two I feel a lot better about the whole situation, I've heard that book mentioned a few times throughout this thread so I'm going to download it and hopefully it'll answer any questions I have left and like you said just take on the big day when it comes!

Had my glucose test this morning, god knows why I booked it for 7AM on a Saturday morning, eugh!!

And as for comments on weight/bump I've been lucky and have avoided them so far. I do get my family messaging me from time to time asking for a photo 'to see how fat I am' but I guess that's just my family's sense of humour :haha:

luckily I was fine, but my OH had the flu shot yesterday, and has ended up with a fever, so I am trying to be nice by nursing him... but finding I have very little patience and a short fuse these days.

I have just begun getting the "oh you finally look pregnant!" comments -- I guess since I just popped and have gained so little that it was hard to tell previously that I was pregnant and not just fat? Idk. Kind of irritating but whatever. LOL. At this stage with DD I gained 35 pounds or so. As of today I have gained 7 with this pregnancy. So I'm just trying to let it roll off my back but I wish people wouldn't make remarks like that to pregnant women. I used to cry with DD when they'd comment on how big I was. :/

Yes I've had them too. "not long to go,hey!" erm yes, 14 weeks actually!
Yup...been getting that one too. Haha.
And also the "oh now you've popped". There was no inbetween phase.... Lol
And the " was it planned?" Question is ridiculous! I got it only once luckily...from a coworker. It infuriated me. That's no ones business.

Hi ladies, hope you're all well?

I've just had some kind of episode and wondered if anyone else has had similar?

Friday, I ate far too much which left me feeling crappy so yesterday I ate very little and had a bit of an upset stomach.

Today, I woke up feeling fine so had some breakfast and did a few jobs. However, I've just come over all funny. I felt hot, dizzy, nauseous and like my vision was closing in and I was going to pass out. I practically ran to the sofa and laid down and that's where I am now, scared to get up cos I'm home alone!

I do have quite low blood pressure and am on iron supplements so is this likely just because I haven't eaten properly or should I be worried? Baby is extremely active so I'm not worried about her (unless being too active is a bad sign?!) x

I absolutely HATE it when people comment on my weight. OHs brother came round the other day and said "you're getting chunky" and it really bugged me. I don't know why people think it's acceptable to comment on a womans weight just because they're pregnant, it's so damn rude.

Minibump, I am not sure what to say but I hope that you are relaxing and feeling better now. It seems like a good thing that the baby is so active. Could you call your doctor and check in?

ttc, how scary with your contractions. I hope that you have been able to rest this weekend and can figure things out with your doctor on Monday.

I get very irritated by the "was it planned?" or "are they natural?" questions...my response is..."Does it matter? Every child is a blessing (or miracle)...But to answer your (nosy) question, yes my pregnancy was planned and yes they are natural and twins were a big surprise to us!" To me it doesn't matter how a baby was conceived (natural, IUI, IVF, adoption), it is still a baby. People really need to mind their own business! :)

As far as bump size I have heard it all...I appreciate the "you are so tiny for twins" but it is usually my in laws that cut me down and say something like "wow you have gotten much bigger!" I have no choice...there are two babies in there that are over 2.5lbs each, I have to gain a bit of weight!

Don't get me started on people touching my belly... :)

Minibump, I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes it seems like pregnancy produces strange in-explainable symptoms. I remember feeling similar to that with low blood pressure.

I found 20 comebacks for the question "was it planned?" https://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_st...uestion-was-it-planned/?ModPagespeed=noscript

I think I'm going to try some of the awkward sex ones. :haha:

Mini bump I find I can have days of feeling like that. I think it's fairly normal, but no fun.

Things I've actually said in response to "was it planned" ...

To my Dad - well it wasn't unplanned.

To a couple of friends - well we didn't prevent it/we knew the results of not using contraception.

Other friends who asked if we'd been trying - yes but unfortunately for dh it didn't take as long as he hoped :haha:

Xx

Pregnant Chicken has one of my favorite responses to "Was it an accident?" - "Yes, I tripped and fell on a dick."

It's in the second installment here, but the first one is good, too: https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pre...1/15/clever-pregnancy-comebacks-part-one.html

I wish I had some of these comebacks when family and friends were asking! :haha:
Those are great, MrsK! I like:
-"Feeling fat yet?"
"Whoa, I was just going to ask you the same thing. How weird is that?!
and
-"How many more babies are you going to have?"
"It depends on how many we sell." :haha:

I need to take note before we see both sides of the family in December!

Thank you all for your sweet supportive comments. These past few days have been so emotionally draining. Today is one week since I learned my cousin took his life. So hard to watch your family in so much pain and there is nothing you can do about it. Wish he wasn't gone but through it he brought all of our family from all over the U.S. Together. Forever grateful to call them my family. Today we are finally relaxing and taking a break from everything. Hope everyone has a happy Sunday!
27 weeks as of yesterday. :) time is flying! Hello 3rd tri. Feeling pretty good for the most part. My back has been sore lately but probably because it have been so busy. Hope all is well with everyone. I'm working on catching up on posts.

The "was it planned" question!! I could not believe how many people asked us that when we'd tell them our news!! My husband had the best replies to it..

- She got me drunk and took advantage of me one night

- I was working away so I don't know how the hell it happened

- I don't know where babies come from so I'm not sure

:dohh:

So glad that your family could find comfort in each other, jm. So nice that something good- however small- can come out of such a sad thing. :hugs:

I like your husbands responses, captain. Particularly the one about working away :haha:

Pregnant Chicken has one of my favorite responses to "Was it an accident?" - "Yes, I tripped and fell on a dick."

It's in the second installment here, but the first one is good, too: https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pre...1/15/clever-pregnancy-comebacks-part-one.html

So I am sitting here laughing...these are great! My husband asks me what I am laughing at so I tell him "Was it an accident?" - "Yes, I tripped and fell on a dick."...so he is laughing and then says to add "Unfortunately I am really clumsy and it wasn't my husbands..." :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->