FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Hi friends. Didn't anyone see my post earlier? I was a bit concerned because of baby boy's excessive movements. Here is what I posted earlier today:

lately my boy has been moving a lot. I mean, a lot! Sometimes it is very rapid, kinda feels like shaking. It can last several seconds, then pause, then again for several seconds. He did this last night for several minutes. Then again today for a couple minutes. I know it isn't hiccups because it's not rhythmic. Is this cause for concern? Have any of you felt anything like this before? I'm grateful to feel him often, but I worry a bit that he is distressed when he does this. It's not related to anything I'm doing or eating or any loud noise. It's happening randomly. Please calm me down.

I didn't reply before, as I can't say I have felt what you describe- but I have never heard of there being such a thing as too much movement or a type of movement that is considered a cause for concern :flower: you must be one of the furthest along.... So not sure if baby being bigger/you being able to feel more subtlety of movement because of that would also make sense? :flower:

I think ttc had replied to say that she felt that while having a scan, and all seemed well!

Hi friends. Didn't anyone see my post earlier? I was a bit concerned because of baby boy's excessive movements. Here is what I posted earlier today:

lately my boy has been moving a lot. I mean, a lot! Sometimes it is very rapid, kinda feels like shaking. It can last several seconds, then pause, then again for several seconds. He did this last night for several minutes. Then again today for a couple minutes. I know it isn't hiccups because it's not rhythmic. Is this cause for concern? Have any of you felt anything like this before? I'm grateful to feel him often, but I worry a bit that he is distressed when he does this. It's not related to anything I'm doing or eating or any loud noise. It's happening randomly. Please calm me down.

hey I replied earlier but it was kind of buried in there. my little guy does that too. I thought it was like a seizure or something but I saw it on an ultrasound and it was normal just felt different. A very active baby is a good sign. He's most likely not in any distress. :)

Hope things are ok, Savvy! Please keep us updated.

I felt the baby have the hiccups for the first time over the weekend. My hubby was there too, so we got to giggle about it together. So fun!

As with reduced movements, if you're ever concerned, call someone and be seen. More than likely baby is fine, but it isn't good for you or baby for you to be stressing out about anything, so if you're still worried, try to be seen. If nothing else it will help to calm you. Hope that helps!

I haven't felt any shaking sorry imp, was hoping someone would reassure you - sounds like ttc has!

Hope everything is ok savvy! Been thinking about you x

Melly I've been wearing pads for months lol I have been leaking urine anytime I cough or sneeze... which isn't easy to control when I've had 3 colds already while pregnant lol I'm hoping like raspberry I will regain full control once little ones are here!

SurpriseBub, I measured around 2 weeks behind (sometimes 3) with DD usually. Is your doctor doing a scan just for that reason? 1-2 weeks is really close to where you "should" be -- my midwives don't scan for variations that small. I just hope you're not worried about it! As someone else mentioned, so many factors affect it -- baby's position, amniotic fluid, your uterine tone, etc. :flower:

imp, I haven't really felt shaking that I can remember, but there have been times where I've felt a ton of movement for long periods. I've only read about a lot of movement being concerning if you're trying to turn a breech baby, but otherwise I haven't heard of it being a cause for concern.

Thanks, feronia. I am ever so slightly worried, just as it is always nice to be average on any measurement... but there isn't anything to do but wait and see. If growth stays on the same curve, then there really isn't a problem. I think it is standard to do at least one 3rd tri growth scan at my ob office. So, looks like we will do that earlyish 3rd tri and see what to do re: if monitoring is warranted thereafter. I know you are opting out of scans... but i unashamedly love them!

Well I have to say thank you for all the well wishes and positive thoughts...they worked!!!

I got discharged about an hour ago and I am at home, ready to watch tv and rest all day but I had to post an update first!

I have BV which caused the discharge and quite possibly all the contractions. I was dialated about 1-2cm. I was on strict bedrest and was given a bunch of meds to slow/stop contractions as well as stuff for babies development. I was hooked up to monitors the entire time tracking my contractions and twins heart rates. Contractions were around 2.5 minutes apart yesterday morning/early afternoon and about 4 minutes apart by the evening. We kept getting longer and irregular contractions into the night and by about 4 am or so they had completely stopped. I didn't sleep more than a few minutes here and there since so many people were monitoring me throughout the night. I got checked this morning and I was still around 1-2cm, though doctor said she measured more at 1cm and that is normal and not to worry as long as I don't have other symptoms. The babies looked perfect the entire time, with great heart rates.

No bed rest orders, just need to take it very easy and "be lazy". Thank goodness my husband was standing there! :) Now I have an excuse! :)

I can't thank everyone enough for all the positive encouragement, it really helped get me though this difficult time. My goal still remains 2015 babies and I am determined to reach that goal!!

Now off to take a long nap...

I had my health visitor appointment today, she just came over and asked me loads of questions and gave me a little red book for when baby is here. She didn't snoop about like I expected which I'm actually a bit annoyed about as I was up at half 6 tidying everything! It went really well apart from her parking in front of my neighbours drive which resulted in an angry banging on my front door and me getting an earful (some people clearly aren't morning people). I won't see her until baby is about a week old now.

Imphope I can't say I have ever felt anything like that before although this is my first and you are further gone than me. I've felt twitches/vibrations on my hips before for a few seconds though but I've been told that it's just baby pushing on a nerve. If you're really worried just contact your midwife/labour and delivery ward for peace of mind. Mine say if you have any change in movement that is unusual whether it be reduced or increased to tell them just in case.

Melly, I too have also have little accidents and have been completely unaware of it! I've even been sat on the loo before and finished and then would start peeing a little bit again, I wouldn't have even known I was doing it if I didn't hear it! :oops:

I don't even know what my fundal height is. My midwife took a measurement last week but she didn't say anything to me about it or write anything down in my notes. I guess it can't be bad though if I wasn't made aware??

Glad your home visit went well, pens! ...Though how silly of them to have parked over your neighbors driveway!!

I haven't had any bladder problems... It does seem that I have to go all the time, though. Especially if I have been sitting for a while and then get up. I did read somewhere that pregnant women should lean forward when on the loo as that can help you to empty your bladder completely :)

Sorry for the awkward/late intro to the February thread! LOL WOW- 724 pages late.

I'm 35y/o, expecting a boy- my first. Only other thing I have to add at the moment is- Knowing the 2nd trimester was going to be easier kept my chin up through the first... But nobody mentioned that the first trimester was going to be a joke compared to the third!! Maybe it's just me. ;-)

Pray for my husband. LOL

So glad everything is ok savvy I've been waiting for an update! I'll cross my fingers for you that they stay put until 2015.

Welcome to the thread, Monzter X

As I'm typing this my hands are nearly frozen as it's so cold in my house yet I can't bring myself to move to put the heating on again. It seems to get really warm in here and then as soon as the radiators turn off it's 10 degrees again! We're supposed to be having snow this year/beginning of next but I am really hoping it doesn't, I dunno what I'll do if I go into labour and it takes 3 hours to get to the hospital because of snow and ice :nope:

Savvy so relieved to see your update!! Get yourself rested up and hopefully now you can get some sleep! x

pens glad your HV went well, shame about your neighbour lol

WElcome monzter

Yay, savvy! Fabulous news! I hope you get a good rest now -- and fingers crossed we all have 2015 babies!

Welcome, monzter!

Oh and now that I think of it, I remember occasionally feeling weird strong vibrations with my daughter after 30 weeks. Sometimes it felt like a cell phone was in my uterus, and I recall googling it and seeing other people mention the same thing. Obviously she's not a cell phone so everything was okay! :haha: Were your movements anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->