FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Raspberry, me too. I always have water with me. They were pumping me with a ton of fluids in case I was dehydrated to see if that helped the contractions but there is nothing like a cold drink of water!

savvy I was so extremely nauseated that I didn't care about eating but the no drinking was terrible as you know! I only had ice chips! And a nurse stayed by my bed in my room all day and night! Did you have a catheter? that was terrible too! Luckily it's a miracle for preventing seizures and stopping labor! For me it was a little different because they had to turn my pitocin to the max dose to keep labor going since it was for pre e! Being bedridden during strong contractions was awful thank goodness for the epidural!

Hopefully no one else will need to go on it! And Savvy again I'm so very glad you're home and your babies can stay longer! Hope you're resting lots!

I've noticed that my arms have become itchy and I now have bumps developing. Nothing much is new except discharge is a little heavier , back pains stronger, and the Braxton hicks are getting worser.

Bathroom trips are a pain, I'm in the bathroom every 5-10 minutes. It's like my bladder is never empty.

dcm, my legs are super itchy lately! But I think it's the dry weather.

savvy, they do sound like miserable side effects :(

Hi everybody! I haven't been on this website in quite a while. Can't believe I'm 28 weeks tomorrow! How is everyone doing and feeling?! :)

savvy I was so extremely nauseated that I didn't care about eating but the no drinking was terrible as you know! I only had ice chips! And a nurse stayed by my bed in my room all day and night! Did you have a catheter? that was terrible too! Luckily it's a miracle for preventing seizures and stopping labor! For me it was a little different because they had to turn my pitocin to the max dose to keep labor going since it was for pre e! Being bedridden during strong contractions was awful thank goodness for the epidural!

Hopefully no one else will need to go on it! And Savvy again I'm so very glad you're home and your babies can stay longer! Hope you're resting lots!

ttc, it sounds like it was definitely worse for you than for me. I just had the magnesium and fluids in my IV and the fun steroid shots. They had to give me a catheter since I wasn't allowed out of bed and after all of the liquids they were pumping in me I was glad I had it or I would have been out of bed every hour. It wasn't too bad for me, it was just a weird feeling like you had a full bladder constantly. They had the compression things on my legs too to prevent blood clots, those were annoying. I was hooked up to so many different monitors it made it almost impossible to move around in bed and every time I would try to switch positions (my back was killing me) the monitor they had on baby B would move and they would lose her heart rate and would have to bring in the ultrasound machine to find her...she likes to hide since her placenta is on the front. Now I am experiencing some acid reflux - I think it is due to not eating for over 36 hours, I usually have acid if I don't eat regularly but this is even worse..was up all night miserable.

Thanks for sharing your story. If you don't mind me asking, at what week was your son born? I hate that you had to go through all of that, but of course we would do anything for our babies. :flower:

Melly, pretty miserable side effects but totally worth it to stop contractions and protect the babies if I did go into labor. I would totally do it all over again if I had to, but I am hoping for a uneventful pregnancy for the next 6-8 weeks. :)

Mannaa. congrats on 28 weeks and team blue!

I got my birth tub yesterday!
I found a local mom selling it for $50 and nabbed it up right away. We gave it a test run and it's HUGE! Soooo much larger than the kiddie pool I used last time. If I filled it up all the way, the water would go up past my neck! So excited to use it in 9 - 14 weeks. :D DD is currently using it as a ball pit.
1926273_1033148820044195_7414769026927849874_o.jpg

Savvy my son was born at 36 weeks! He stayed a week in the nicu because he was sluggish with breathing and eating. Other than him being a bit slow meeting milestones (still doesn't walk 15 months, didn't crawl till almost a year) he is completely healthy and happy! How are you feeling today?

Feronia! Great deal! so glad you got your tub! I'm sure you're getting excited now!

Feronia that birthing pool looks fab, how exciting!

Has anyone else experienced slight puffiness of the face? I've had it for the past couple of weeks now. Nothing major at all but my face definitely looks a lot more round, especially when I smile. I have no swelling anywhere else apart from on my feet and ankles but that's only after I've been walking for a long time. I do have a really bad habit of not drinking enough though, maybe only 2 glasses of water/juice a day, so not sure if that could be a cause.

Feronia thats a lovely pool, and great bargain!

Mine with ds was lovely and deep too, since we don't have a bath in our house we set ours up when we got it for a test run on how long it took to fill etc etc.
We got in it, had a few beers and watched a David Attenborough documentary.
Xx

Feronia that birthing pool looks fab, how exciting!

Has anyone else experienced slight puffiness of the face? I've had it for the past couple of weeks now. Nothing major at all but my face definitely looks a lot more round, especially when I smile. I have no swelling anywhere else apart from on my feet and ankles but that's only after I've been walking for a long time. I do have a really bad habit of not drinking enough though, maybe only 2 glasses of water/juice a day, so not sure if that could be a cause.

I did with ds but not this time, I was puffy all over with him to be fair and I gained a lot of weight.

Anything like that and I'd get checked out, and yeah not drinking enough won't help!

Xx

Feronia, that birth tub looks awesome! I like the idea that it can be used as a ball pit, that sounds like fun!

ttc, thanks for asking! I am doing better, bad acid reflux and just nervous with any feeling in my stomach that it could be a contraction. Just trying to relax and tell myself everything is fine. So happy that your son is healthy! My younger cousin was slower with milestones but excelled when he hit school age. He graduated top of his high school class and is a great young man.

dcm, my legs are super itchy lately! But I think it's the dry weather.

savvy, they do sound like miserable side effects :(

I've had itchy legs too! Now that was one side effect that I hadn't thought of!

We flew yesterday and all was fine! ...though we arrived to my OH ' S little brother sick with norovirus. Ugh- really, really not wanting to catch it :(

Fingers crossed you don't get sick, SurpriseBub!!

We are at the airport, about to fly to Cleveland. All going well so far, all the scary stories about LA travel and LAX lines, must be for later in the day.

Travel safe, melly! Glad you seem to be skipping the crowds. :)

How exciting that you have your pool, feronia. I can't believe that all Feb bubs will shortly have hit 3rd tri!

MellyH: I was getting the itchy legs too for some reason but the weather here is wet (snowed earlier). Good luck and safe travels on your trip :) have fun

Feronia: good deal on the tub, I've been thinking about doing a water birth as well but I want to do mines at the hospital for some reason.

Izzie: I've never thought of that being a symptom either. Weird right?

Hello from Cleveland! Being spoiled rotten by the in-laws. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->