FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Sorry for the awkward/late intro to the February thread! LOL WOW- 724 pages late.

I'm 35y/o, expecting a boy- my first. Only other thing I have to add at the moment is- Knowing the 2nd trimester was going to be easier kept my chin up through the first... But nobody mentioned that the first trimester was going to be a joke compared to the third!! Maybe it's just me. ;-)

Pray for my husband. LOL

I'm hopefully get on the pc tonight and add you to the front page.

xx

Goodness! So many!

I have a 2 year old boy at home, and married to my husband; we will be married for 10 years come this May!

I have a little girl on the way, and she is due for arrival on February 5th!

Only 29 weeks so far, and already having sleeping problems. Find myself exhausted, but laying in bed uncomfortable and sleepless for hours on end. Then up at 5:30am for work in the morning... leave by 6, don't get home again till 5 in the evening. Yuck.

Welcome Genevevex! I hear you... sleeping problems with this second pregnancy have been awful. I felt like I could nap with my first and get a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, but with an (almost) 2-year old, it's impossible. No naps, up throughout the night, and even though I'm not working right now, she decides 5am is TIME TO WAKE UP AND PARTY every day.

Welcome Monzter and Genenvevex!

Third trimester today!! Wooooooo!!!

Savvy, so glad to hear your update. :hugs: Take it easy!! That's interesting about the BV, I had it and then a week later was in hospital with the contractions, I wonder if they were related?

Welcome ladies! Monzter the first tri was the easiest for me this time around! I felt amazing no symptoms my boobs didn't even hurt, then as soon as the second hit I have morning sickness, migraines, and aches lol. Never had to take anything with any of my others but not sure I would have made it without zofran this time!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. It seems this is a common question that lots of first time moms have. Most everyone I've asked says this is normal and a result of baby's lack of control over his body/ a developing nervous system. I haven't called doc as he is having regular movements now and I feel much better. If it becomes too scary I will call for sure. Otherwise he is back to his wiggling and dance parties.

Savvy I'm so glad to hear you're home and resting!

Thanks everyone, it feels so good to be home and still be pregnant! I am thankful for each day I continue to be pregnant and grow these babies. I was so nervous and really didn't want 29 weekers though I know everything would have been okay. My friend had her twins a few years ago between 26-27 weeks and they are doing great!

Welcome Monzter and Genenvevex!

Third trimester today!! Wooooooo!!!

Savvy, so glad to hear your update. :hugs: Take it easy!! That's interesting about the BV, I had it and then a week later was in hospital with the contractions, I wonder if they were related?

Congrats on the 3rd trimester!! The doctor said that the discharge was definitely due to the BV and was not my mucous plug (yay!). She said it was most likely what caused the contractions or "irritability" in my uterus. They pumped me full of magnesium sulfate which would help slow/stop contractions and help neurological developments for both babies if I was to deliver preterm. They also gave me steroid shots to develop the lungs if I went into labor. My cousin was a labor and delivery nurse and also worked in the top NICU for many years, she was there monitoring everything and told me you could tell the differences between which premature babies got the meds and which didn't.
I hope no one else has to go in with contractions early but the magnesium sulfate worked great...just had some pretty bad side effects. But I would do anything for these babies! :)

Okay seriously I get excited over every little thing but I thought it was funny and had to mention...I am so chatty today. Some of you know I eat a very strict and healthy diet (due to my IBS)...well I said to my hubby yesterday when I wasn't allowed to eat/drink anything but ice chips, that if I got out of the hospital and was still pregnant would he get me french fries for dinner! Yippee, I am home, still pregnant and I get french fries...this has been a great day!

Great news Savvy! You deserve those french fries :haha:

And welcome to all the newcomers!

Savvy I'm so happy you're home with babies in your tummy and fries in your future :) Magnesium sulfate is hell but I'm glad it worked! So glad all could be explained by the yucky infection and I hope things stay nice and calm now!

Hello to Monzster and Genevex!

Savvy I'm so happy you're home with babies in your tummy and fries in your future :) Magnesium sulfate is hell but I'm glad it worked! So glad all could be explained by the yucky infection and I hope things stay nice and calm now!

Thanks ttc! I am sorry if you had to be on it too but if they tell me it is what is best, it was totally worth the side effects. Rather have some discomfort then have the babies early!

Holding off on my celebration fries for tomorrow, we are both too tired to pick up carry out! :)

Savvy thankfully a shot of terbutaline did the trick this time but I was on magnesium for days when my first son was born to prevent seizures from preeclampsia. I just remember it too well and feel bad you had to have it :hugs:

Melly, for the first bit you feel like your body is on fire from the inside out. Then you feel so crazy and like you might pass out and die. I only felt super crazy when they accidentally overdosed me. I felt confused and like i was in another reality. Couldn't have told you my name. plus felt sunburned inside and out . But really is no fun :(

Melly, I was on strict bedrest because it causes muscle weakness and dizziness so they don't want you getting up and falling. The major side effect for me was the flushing, my face/throat felt like it was on fire and my cheeks were bright red. It was within a few minutes of starting the IV I felt overheated. It is also common to feel flu like symptoms like chills, my legs were shivering and my face was on fire...long night! I still have flushed checks and they stopped the meds 16 hours ago.
Another common side effect is nausea/vomiting which is why you can't eat or drink (plus if I went into labor they wouldn't want me eating). I asked for Zofran since I was already nauseous from not eating (happens if I don't eat often enough). Luckily my doctor gave me ice chips, which helped with the burning throat. The nurses told me I was extremely lucky since most doctors won't let you have anything. I just couldn't go crazy with them. They also have to monitor you continuously and check reflexes and blood pressure every hour, 1:1 patient/nurse ratio while on the IV. It also causes grogginess and I looked completely wiped out but couldn't sleep - too much commotion when they are constantly monitoring me and the babies. :)

ttc, ugh I am sorry to hear you were on it for multiple days! :hugs: Were you able to eat or drink at all? Luckily it was only 12 hours for me. That fire feeling was terrible, it was mainly my upper body - I felt like a dragon breathing fire.

I hope no one here has to go on it but it helped a lot to have a ton of ice cold washcloths all over my face and chest.

That sounds awful, and no food?! I find the whole no food during labour thing really odd, midwives here encourage you to see if you can at least eat something light to keep your energy up.
Xx

No food stinks, but I think I was too nervous to eat...until this morning when I was so hungry I could have eaten my pillow! :haha: The worst was nothing to drink, when your throat is on fire and you are burning up some cold liquid would have been nice. Luckily I had those ice chips, I would have been miserable without them!

I can see eating something small, some protein for energy. Seems like it would help during labor...nothing like a big steak dinner or anything though!

I'm terrible without a drink, I'm one of those people who can't go anywhere without carrying a bottleof water.
No I think steak was right out, I struggled to eat but I did have a few bites of toast, some apple slices, nuts and the still lucozade.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->