FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

:hugs: to river!

Feronia I like to call those pains fanny daggers :-D

No sale shopping for me - is this the first year the UK has gone madfor blblack Friday sales? I never heard of it before!

Who asked about the new born clothes? I won't buy any this time as ds never fit in them but I have got first size/up to 1 month which is bigger than nb but not as big as 0-3. I've not taken tags off anything!

I had I think 9 each of vests and plain sleepsuits in each size up to 12-18m, then I had about 6 colourful sleepsuits/babygrows in 0-3 and a few footless rompers.
I was given a few outfits when he was born and I probably bought a few more.
I struggled sometimes as ds was refluxey and he had a fair few pooplosions.
xx

Hey Feronia did you get much snow over there last night? We had a thin layer stick last night but it's all gone this morning. Sometimes we get nothing down at the water then there's a few inches up town, so there could be some here I'm not sure!

Yes, we got snow over here for the first time this season! :D
DD had a lot of fun paddling around in it. It's still on the ground now, though pretty melty.

So sorry to hear about your grandfather, river. :(

River, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather :(

The advice I read about clothes was to have two outfits per day, per baby. So I would say around 12-14 outfits in each size. I have about 20 - 24+ outfits in newborn, 3 month and 6 month right now and figure some people will buy us outfits as gifts too. Of course most of the outfits were already gifts from our shower so I haven't had to buy too many. I only wanted newborn sizes in case the twins are small, but if I wasn't having twins I would probably only have a few newborn outfits since they seem so tiny.

I also stocked up on diapers - I found that most people do between 8-10 diaper changes a day so I figured around 20 diapers per day for the twins. I bought a month supply of newborn and a month and a half supply of size one. I also bought about 10 huge boxes of baby wipes. I don't want to have to shop with the twins.

So sorry river :( sending hugs and prayers.

28 weeks today! Finally home after 12 days visiting family, a funeral, and thanksgiving. I am exhausted. I am feeling a little stressed since I have so much to do before Christmas. I feel like I'm not making much progress with preparing for baby boy's arrival. I am my GD test on Monday. I also scheduled a 3d/4d ultrasound for Dec. 19th. I'm excited to see my little guy and compare his pic to my DD's. :)

Can't believe we don't have much longer!

I am glad the fanny daggers/lightning crotch is normal. Yet another weird pregnancy thing! ...there is so much I never ever imagined went on!!

There was definitely some Black Friday stuff in the UK last year, raspberry. At least Amazon.co.uk were doing different deals each hour. I guess the retailers may be stepping it up over there if it proves fruitful. I like the online deals... But life is too short to line up at Best Buy at midnight!

we really don't have much stuff yet- just clothes, some toys we have picked up and two car seats. We will likely buy a crib shortly. I just feel superstitious somehow!

sorry for your loss river,:hugs:

I havent started packing my bags yet ill wait until after Christmas to do it,

for baby clothes I havent brought much as ive all my ds babyclothes, ive 16 or some newborn babygros, and the same in up to 1 month and first size and ive a few more than that in 0-3 I guess im waiting until the January sales if I want some more coloured babygros so baby is warm and comfy and im sure we will get some as gifts too

River so sorry for your loss xx

My hospital bag is next to be sorted... i have bought maternity pads and breast pads.... thats about it so far! lol :haha:

I need to get the list out from the midwife and go shopping today and make a proper start.

I'm sure Baby B decided to uncurl and stretch and turn over or something last night and beat me from the inside out - B is usually the quieter one of the two (not really quiet but quieter lol) but last night my word did He go for it - actually saw the outline of a foot and could feel the whole leg :wacko: DH and I just lay there in complete awe lol x

my little guy was moving lots last night too I love to watch my belly when my 2 year old is in bed and I can relax, :) my friend is a midwife and had a feel of my belly, baby is defiantly breach, his head is right between my ribs

31 weeks and 3 days. Can't believe there is so little time left!

Attachments

• 31 weeks 3 days - Copy.jpg
    31 weeks 3 days - Copy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
such a neat bump Izzie :) I'm so not ready to stop being pregnant, i feel like it's taken me so long to get here and it's gone far too fast for my liking! I've loved every second of it - even now with the spd, the pitting edema, the swollen hands and stiff finger... i don't care i have just loved the whole experience :cloud9:

Hospital bag....

Here is the list i have so far of what i think i need - experienced ladies please let me know if i have missed anything or have unnecessary items!

For me
Breast pads
sanitary pads
nipple cream
underwear
Day wear leggings, tops and dresses
Night wear - pyjamas/nighties
Dressing gown & slippers
Phone, tablet headphones, chargers
paperwork
Shampoo
conditioner
shower gel
shower sponge
moisturiser
deodorant
face wipes
Hair ties & brush
Lip balm, make up, small mirror
Snacks & drinks
Tissues

For the twins
baby wipes/cotton wool
babygrows
sleep suits
Scratch mittens & hats
Fleece for going home in x 2
Blankets
Dummies (pacifiers) just in case (i don't want them to have them but you never know)
Nappies
Sudocreme/nappy rash spray

After being in the hospital with contractions last week, we packed everything last Sunday. I am sure I will want to revise what is in there as we get closer to my due date, but I wanted to be prepared juuuuuuuuust in case!!

I'm thinking of not packing a hospital bag this time. We live down the street from the hospital, and if I transfer it will be an emergency so DH could just bring stuff we needed at a later point.

31 weeks and 3 days. Can't believe there is so little time left!

Lovely bump, izzie! You always sound so much further along- 31+3 sounds like a lot more than my current 28+5...!

I am so not ready to pack my bag! I did buy a bath robe in preparation... That's all I can think of for right now ;)

Lovely sentiments on being pregnant, shells! I wish I was half as content as you are. :) I just can't help but worry about Baby.

I'm thinking of not packing a hospital bag this time. We live down the street from the hospital, and if I transfer it will be an emergency so DH could just bring stuff we needed at a later point.

I'm pretty much the same, my hospital bag last time was my birth box with basically all the things I wanted for birth at home/on the midwife list so I didn't have to give dh instructions on where to find anything.

I didn't need anything anyway other than the baby clothes and a single nappy, I went home in the same clothes I arrived in and I was given huge maternity pads and knickers to wear.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"