FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Oh- i do have one hospital bag tip! A new mommy friend told me that if you tear/have an episiotomy it really hurts to pee. She brought a plastic jug and table salt and would mix that up with warm water, and pour it over when she went to the bathroom. Apparently it helped a lot!

I havent started my bag yet either. Will be going shopping soon for rest of baby stuff and hospital stuff. Will probably start packing in the next couple of weeks or so.. I'm so early with everything. Like to have everything done early. Packed at 30 weeks with DS lol..

I haven't packed a bag yet but I have a list going of what I need to put in it! I'm very much a list girl, so as I think of things I can add it to the list. I'll probably pack it after christmas!

Things very much feel like they're finally coming together here. Buying OH's Christmas present today and have arranged plans for his birthday on New Years Eve! Some legal matters that have been going on for two years should be coming to an end December/January. SIL has been making plans to come out and visit once baby is here. And I feel pretty prepared for baby's arrival, we only have one or two more things to get and I'm waiting for the January sales for those! Feels so good to have everything fall in to place at last!

Oh yeah, my mothers school friend's daughter is only a couple of months older than me. We're not close any more but grew up together and have stayed in touch. She's about a week overdue with her first and last night (12 hours a go now) I heard that she has been in labour for 40 HOURS! And still no announcement this morning! Eeeeeek!

I haven't even thought about my bag yet. I still have the nursery to finish.
I pack my own pillow. Not sure about your hospital but mine supplied wipes and diapers. Shouldn't need any rash cream or diaper spray. Make sure to pack undies that you don't mind throwing away. They will give you pads and ice packs that are amazing.
Don't forget to pack your camera and chargers. I took my baby book because there was a place for foot print and hand prints. :) if there is anything else I'll post more.

Ice packs are brill but my friend suggested kee8ingnyour maternity pads innthe fridge or freezer and that works well too

Oh yes I second the pads in freezer advice! I soaked mine in witch hazel and froze and it worked great! My tear resulted in 10 stitches and this trick was a lifesaver!

I also think dermoplast is a must have. I sprayed before peeing (tmi lol) and it didn't sting half as bad!

I haven't packed my bag yet or even really thought of it! Last time I got really crazy about getting things done and packed very suddenly at 34 weeks. Less than two weeks later he was here! I think I'm relying on that "instinct" to help me again this time (actually that's just how I'm justifying procrastination and laziness).

So today I feel like I'm over some sort of hurdle! 31 weeks and surprisingly this is probably the best I've felt all pregnancy. So weird to me!

How is everyone else feeling?

ShamzLovesKai: OH & I were actually talking about packing my hospital bag yesterday. I need to find a bag first though that doesn't cost me an arm and leg. Lately I've been watching whats in my hospital bag videos on YouTube.

River : so sorry about your grandfather, my prayers and condolences gowe out to you and your family.

Currently having really bad BH's at the moment so trying to cope the best way possible. They come but dissappear as soon as I pass gas (sorry if tmi) but have been happening for almost an hour now.

How are you doing River? I hope the family is leaning on each other. :hugs:

I haven't thought about a hospital bag yet. Beyond knowing that I want lip balm, hair ties and my phone charger, because I wanted all of those the couple of hours I was in L&D with my irritable uterus contractions a few weeks back!

Yeah, that's what I was talking about -- pads in the freezer plus a perineal wash with witch hazel on them. Heavenly! DH made sure to keep those stocked up last time as I went through then.

If you have a cloth diaper sprayer, you can also use that on a low setting while you're peeing. I didn't try it as I didn't tear, but I hear it helps.

Raspberry, you planned a home birth last time? It sounds like you transferred -- and your home birth supplies worked just fine?

I have sorted through my big boxes of baby clothes and What's suitable for this baby is all in a big bag waiting to be washed and ironed. My brother and sisters are coming to visit for christmas and I have asked for some new nighties for xmas. I think I will start washing baby clothes and packing my bag once all visitors have gone in mid January. I think once January comes it will hit me how little time there is left!

Yeah, that's what I was talking about -- pads in the freezer plus a perineal wash with witch hazel on them. Heavenly! DH made sure to keep those stocked up last time as I went through then.

If you have a cloth diaper sprayer, you can also use that on a low setting while you're peeing. I didn't try it as I didn't tear, but I hear it helps.

Raspberry, you planned a home birth last time? It sounds like you transferred -- and your home birth supplies worked just fine?

Yeah my dozy nhs midwife left at transition saying I definitely wasn't in active labour and she'd see me in the morning/when my contractions "picked up" so we went to hospital and he was born within about half an hour. We were back at the in laws within 3 hours of birth birth so I didn't need much/anything. They had shower gel sachets for the shower and disposable combs and toothbrushes etc if you wanted them.
I don't really remember what was in my birth box but it was pretty much untouched. Dh would have needed to fetch clean stuff for us both had we had an extended stay.

I didn't have any tears at all or any pain down below after so I didn't need any ice packs but I'll bear it in mind, the after contractions/pain in my belly was enough for me to ask for painkillers so you might want to have paracetamol on hand.
I wore my belly band for a few weeks pp so that'd be in the bag because I didn't like the jelly belly feeling.
Xx

Nice hospital bags are quite expensive. I Just bought a normal, large overnight bag with DS and a smaller one for his stuff. Still got them so will just reuse those.

I'm a list girl too, Captain. Have had a list typed up for a couple weeks now haha!!

My turn for the hospital scare! I'm off to fetal health at 2.30 for bloods and monitoring having been lightheaded and breathless since last night - figured babies were leaning on something they shouldn't be! Came home form work after 2 hours still feeling crappy this morning and called the midwife.... who told me to ring fetal health, who told me to go to A&E! Erm... Hello i don't need A&E just someone to check me over!

Rang the midwife back who told me to goto the urgent care centre - who saw me immediately, blood pressure very high for me 134/95 (usually 110/60) Tested urine and positive for protein and electrolytes.... So they rang fetal health and gave them a telling off for not seeing me and i go in at 2.30 to finally get checked over!

so keep your fingers crossed this is just a blip please ladies! x

My turn for the hospital scare! I'm off to fetal health at 2.30 for bloods and monitoring having been lightheaded and breathless since last night - figured babies were leaning on something they shouldn't be! Came home form work after 2 hours still feeling crappy this morning and called the midwife.... who told me to ring fetal health, who told me to go to A&E! Erm... Hello i don't need A&E just someone to check me over!

Rang the midwife back who told me to goto the urgent care centre - who saw me immediately, blood pressure very high for me 134/95 (usually 110/60) Tested urine and positive for protein and electrolytes.... So they rang fetal health and gave them a telling off for not seeing me and i go in at 2.30 to finally get checked over!

Argh no!!!!!! Xx

hope everything turns out to be ok and the babies are just being little rascals'!

im so tired today, got my with my toddler, made breakfast,cleaned the whole house,did laudrey,made lunch for us, read my little guy a story and watched some of polar express, hes just gone down for nap so hopefully he sleeps for a bit, ive to go to town later and we have to go to the in-laws house so exited for that visit ](*,)](*,)

Oh and also - next month we'll be able to say "we're having a baby next month" - doesn't sound long at all saying it like that! :happydance:

Thinking of you Shells and hoping everything is okay.

I second Melly's suggestion of lip balm for the hospital bag...it could be because of the mag sulfate I was on but thankfully my hubby carries lip balm - I about used the whole tube. I also will be packing a hairbrush, I felt like I looked crazy with wild hair so it would have been nice to have. I have an emergency kit of items in my car for about any situation (jacket, hairbrush/ties, water bottle, pads, extra chargers, etc) in the panic of getting to the hospital last week we drove my husbands car and we didn't have anything with us. Don't forget a camera/charger, I usually use my smartphone but our nikon takes much better pics! :)

Anyone have any recommendations for things you need for a c-section? I am not sure what kind of birth I will end up having but it would be good to be prepared for either situation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->