FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thinking of you Shells and hoping everything is okay.

I second Melly's suggestion of lip balm for the hospital bag...it could be because of the mag sulfate I was on but thankfully my hubby carries lip balm - I about used the whole tube. I also will be packing a hairbrush, I felt like I looked crazy with wild hair so it would have been nice to have. I have an emergency kit of items in my car for about any situation (jacket, hairbrush/ties, water bottle, pads, extra chargers, etc) in the panic of getting to the hospital last week we drove my husbands car and we didn't have anything with us. Don't forget a camera/charger, I usually use my smartphone but our nikon takes much better pics! :)

Anyone have any recommendations for things you need for a c-section? I am not sure what kind of birth I will end up having but it would be good to be prepared for either situation!

I have been advised by a friend to buy big knickers that will fit above your scar. ��

Man, we were away for almost a week for Thanksgiving and I have finally caught up with everything! Had a huge post written up and freakin' phone ate it. So on the PC and trying to do some catch-up... again. :rofl:

FX for you Shells! Please keep us posted!

No bag packed here yet, but I will be soon. After having one come so early, I want to be a little better prepared. That being said, at the Center I'm there for 12 hours or less (hopefully less!) so I don't need a lot. :rofl:

I need to make sure I bring camera, my EOs, massage bar, some music, chapstick, outfits for LO and a change of clothes for myself. I have some other stuff written down but I forget what it all is. Last time the hospital had all the diapers, pads, hemorrhoid treatment, perineum treatment, etc. that I needed, so I have to find out what, if anything, the Center has and then add to my list.

Thanksgiving away was fun but exhausting! I keep telling my husband that third tri has hit me like a wrecking ball. My business down there is swollen, I am ten hundred times more exhausted than I've ever been in my life and I just feel like I got hit by a truck! But I'm not allowing myself to complain because this is what I've wanted for so long that after all the trying and all the losses, I know I just need to take it as it comes.

But man, I wish I could keep my eyes open for longer than two hours before feeling like I might keel over from lack of sleep! LOL.

No lightning crotch here yet :rofl: but swollen by the end of the day, most days. Never had that with my daughter, so it's a... fun and new experience? LOL.

Welcome to our new joiners to the group! :D

Savvy glad all is doing better for you now! :hugs: Hope it continues and rest up!

Anyone else still have no BH? I feel like I've read that many of you have had them by now and with my daughter, I know I had them by now but this time, nothing so far! I'm not worried, just fascinated (yet again) by how differently each consecutive pregnancy can be!

No BF shopping here -- well, not really. Got a few things online and a $3.50 toaster in store in the afternoon at one store, but by then it wasn't mobbed so it was pleasant. I considered it a success. My Christmas shopping is almost all done, finally!

Feronia, love the tub, it looks great! I want to just come roll around in it for awhile, sit in some nice, warm water and relax. :rofl:

My face did swell with my DD, Pens, to some degree. I had lots of foot swelling with her too. And all-around, I just gained a lot with her. I had no self-control with food. :) haha. Drinking excessive amounts of water did help me decrease it some, to flush the water from my system.

Okay, my ramble has gone on long enough, props if anyone's actually read this entire post. :rofl: Next time we go away, I'm checking in more often so I can post a normal-sized post. LOL

For some reason, having issues posting on this thread. I don't see my posts after I submit them...? I've tried a couple of times now. No clue what's going on!

A friend who had a section said she also packed a nice, comfy robe since c-section mamas are made to walk a lot during recovery. She figured it kept her presentable in the hallways. lol.

I hope everything is okay, shells! Thinking of you!

Raspberry, wow, that midwife doesn't sound very good if she left during transition...
Oh, I also liked having a belly band for back and belly support. I wore it for 40 days after birth and I think it really helped me have a flat stomach early. I don't know if it was just me, but I also remember feeling like my organs were out of place for a few months. Ewww... not looking forward to that again!

Bleh, I'm exhausted today. I was up all night with DD who has a high fever (no other symptoms). Hoping I can nap when she does later on... I've given up on limiting caffeine some days because I'm a better mother when I'm caffeinated. Right now that's more important when I'm her sole caretaker most of the time.

It won't let me post my long catch-up after being away for the week... if it shows up later in this thread like 5 times, I apologize. :rofl: I kept trying and it said it posted, but I don't see it. Freakin' Monday.

Hope all is okay Shells! Will be stalking to see updates! xoxo

Aw Feronia, hope you can snag a nap! Mine's been sick too, just a cold, but it's tiresome. :( I'm hoping for a nap later too!

Nope that midwife thankfully isn't with the homebirth team now and I'll definitely be more vocal about what I want in this labour/birth.
Yep the organ feeling was gross, unfortunately I didn't get a flat tummy after.
I'm definitely a better person in general when I'm caffeinated!
Xx

I'm definitely a better everything when I have my cup of coffee. I've limited myself to one cup a day this pregnancy and don't drink it daily... but I know there's just some days where I need that boost. :)

https://noguiltlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/coffee.jpg

Shells I hope you're ok! it sounds like you have preeclampsia :( Hope you can hang on a few more weeks!

Swan, I see your post -- can you edit it for your update?
Raspberry, are you planning a home birth this time? My apologies if I forgot -- I'm still trying to wake up!
Yeah, I tried to really limit my caffeine early on but I was being a crappy mom and snapping at her more often, especially since I was up throughout the night since she wakes up several times and I was just too tired. I've been a lot more patient since bringing the caffeine back! :haha:

Quick pop in to say the boys are fine which is great! Blood pressure is coming down just need to have 2 more readings done and wait for the blood results to come back and then hopefully I can go home.

glad you're ok! !!!!!! Yikes shells try to rest lots and take it easy!

Feronia - I tried to edit and it showed for a second then when I refreshed it had vanished. Maybe there's a character limit suddenly? Though I can't imagine I hit it. My post didn't seem that big. LOL

Glad everything's okay Shells!

I second the caffeine motion! Can't function without my cup of tea in the morning :haha:

shells, glad to hear the blood pressure is coming back down, how scary! I was a bit light-headed after my shower this morning, had to stop and lean against the sink while I was drying myself.

swan, are there any attachments or anything to your long post that might be causing it to not work? Try posting it paragraph by paragraph. :lol:

... and the last blood pressure reading shows its gone back up again :( Dr needs to review bloods for definite answer

Good luck, shells! And very happy to have read an update to say all is looking good by the time I read through everyone's well wishes to you! I wonder what happened?! It is crazy how pregnancy is such an all body experience.

I have stuck to no coffee... Even skipping the special Starbucks flavours around this time of year! (Yes... I am *that* kind of coffee drinker.... I like the sugary flavored stuff above special roasts from Brazil ;) ) I have not been able to kick soda, though!

Bummer about your post, swan! How strange!

I know we had talked about post partum belly bands a long time ago... But know that it has come back up- does anyone have any tips on which brand/model to get? :)

Ahh, fingers crossed you don't have pre-eclampsia, shells! Keep us updated! Hopefully it's just a fluke.

I used to be a coffee snob before this pregnancy. I'd make a cup of organic pour over coffee every morning and hated flavoured coffee. I stopped liking all coffee and tea in the first trimester and half of the second trimester, and now the only thing I really like in terms of coffee is flavoured lattes! I've been getting the occasional decaf pumpkin spice latte from Whole Foods, but other than that it's just lots of black and green tea, heh. Crazy what pregnancy can do to you!

SurpriseBub -- I don't think it matters. As long as it's tight. You can even use ace bandages but I've heard it's more uncomfortable. Last time I used one from Babies R' Us and it did the trick just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->