FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Re big pants can I recommend asda smart price full breifs they are 100% cotton andbu get 5 pairs fir £2

Swan, I see your post -- can you edit it for your update?
Raspberry, are you planning a home birth this time? My apologies if I forgot -- I'm still trying to wake up!
Yeah, I tried to really limit my caffeine early on but I was being a crappy mom and snapping at her more often, especially since I was up throughout the night since she wakes up several times and I was just too tired. I've been a lot more patient since bringing the caffeine back! :haha:

Swan I see your catch up post but didn't see it before I posted last time -weird!

I'm very much planning on hb this time as my consultant says "if I make it that far" which I'm sure I will. Only 6 weeks til the earliest I'm "allowed to hb" , they've just opened a new midwife led birth centre at the local hospital which isn't well publicised yet so if I don't birth at home I should at least be ok to go there. I hated the drive in labour though so I'll avoid at all cost and I'm afraid of the epidural so unless it's an emergency I'll be staying home with or without a midwife.

Xx

I'm very much planning on hb this time as my consultant says "if I make it that far" which I'm sure I will. Only 6 weeks til the earliest I'm "allowed to hb" , they've just opened a new midwife led birth centre at the local hospital which isn't well publicised yet so if I don't birth at home I should at least be ok to go there. I hated the drive in labour though so I'll avoid at all cost and I'm afraid of the epidural so unless it's an emergency I'll be staying home with or without a midwife.

Xx

Midwives in the UK are "allowed" to attend HBs at 36 weeks? Here it's 37 weeks and they aren't supposed to offer home birth breech births... however, there's a little known rule that they can't abandon a client during labour. I would feel comfortable having a home birth from 36 weeks onward and I would personally have a breech home birth if baby ends up being frank breech. I would just call them when I'm in labour and refuse to transfer (though I wouldn't feel comfortable having a breech water birth)! They're well-trained in breech births, it's just that they're currently limited by regulations -- but the non-abandonment clause would allow them to attend me.

There are no birth centres here in BC unfortunately! They usually have the same low-risk guidelines as home births, though, so I probably wouldn't end up using one anyway if I could just stay at home. They're a nice option for sure though!

Man, we were away for almost a week for Thanksgiving and I have finally caught up with everything! Had a huge post written up and freakin' phone ate it. So on the PC and trying to do some catch-up... again. :rofl:

FX for you Shells! Please keep us posted!

No bag packed here yet, but I will be soon. After having one come so early, I want to be a little better prepared. That being said, at the Center I'm there for 12 hours or less (hopefully less!) so I don't need a lot. :rofl:

I need to make sure I bring camera, my EOs, massage bar, some music, chapstick, outfits for LO and a change of clothes for myself. I have some other stuff written down but I forget what it all is. Last time the hospital had all the diapers, pads, hemorrhoid treatment, perineum treatment, etc. that I needed, so I have to find out what, if anything, the Center has and then add to my list.

Thanksgiving away was fun but exhausting! I keep telling my husband that third tri has hit me like a wrecking ball. My business down there is swollen, I am ten hundred times more exhausted than I've ever been in my life and I just feel like I got hit by a truck! But I'm not allowing myself to complain because this is what I've wanted for so long that after all the trying and all the losses, I know I just need to take it as it comes.

But man, I wish I could keep my eyes open for longer than two hours before feeling like I might keel over from lack of sleep! LOL.

No lightning crotch here yet :rofl: but swollen by the end of the day, most days. Never had that with my daughter, so it's a... fun and new experience? LOL.

Welcome to our new joiners to the group! :D

Savvy glad all is doing better for you now! :hugs: Hope it continues and rest up!

Anyone else still have no BH? I feel like I've read that many of you have had them by now and with my daughter, I know I had them by now but this time, nothing so far! I'm not worried, just fascinated (yet again) by how differently each consecutive pregnancy can be!

No BF shopping here -- well, not really. Got a few things online and a $3.50 toaster in store in the afternoon at one store, but by then it wasn't mobbed so it was pleasant. I considered it a success. My Christmas shopping is almost all done, finally!

Feronia, love the tub, it looks great! I want to just come roll around in it for awhile, sit in some nice, warm water and relax. :rofl:

My face did swell with my DD, Pens, to some degree. I had lots of foot swelling with her too. And all-around, I just gained a lot with her. I had no self-control with food. :) haha. Drinking excessive amounts of water did help me decrease it some, to flush the water from my system.

Okay, my ramble has gone on long enough, props if anyone's actually read this entire post. :rofl: Next time we go away, I'm checking in more often so I can post a normal-sized post. LOL

I can see it, swan!

Oh no shells :( Hang on little babies! Shells I have a feeling you may be the first to birth! Hope you're ok!

Shells, I hope you can get some answers soon. Glad the boys are doing good throughout this.

Thanksgiving away was fun but exhausting! I keep telling my husband that third tri has hit me like a wrecking ball. My business down there is swollen, I am ten hundred times more exhausted than I've ever been in my life and I just feel like I got hit by a truck! But I'm not allowing myself to complain because this is what I've wanted for so long that after all the trying and all the losses, I know I just need to take it as it comes.

Savvy glad all is doing better for you now! :hugs: Hope it continues and rest up!

Anyone else still have no BH? I feel like I've read that many of you have had them by now and with my daughter, I know I had them by now but this time, nothing so far! I'm not worried, just fascinated (yet again) by how differently each consecutive pregnancy can be!

Swan, I completely understand and couldn't agree more. I feel like I had a somewhat easy pregnancy until week 29 hit and everything went downhill. Nothing is the same since my hospital visit last Monday. I feel like I got hit by a truck. I am now finished with my meds for the BV infection so I am hoping that is what has been dragging me down. I keep telling myself that these rainbow twins are worth every ache and pain. Hang in there, we don't have too much longer to go! :hugs:

I am honestly not sure if I felt any BH yet. I couldn't feel my contractions last Monday until they hooked me up to all the monitors and I saw myself having them on the screen. If they feel like the contractions then I haven't had them.

Yeah, I am just genuinely exhausted all day every day the last couple of weeks!

shells, no good about the BP :( I'm sure freaking out about the BP is also increasing the BP! It's a vicious circle.

swan, I see the catch-up post now too (and didn't before).

What I take to have been my BH are just my bump going very hard. Ie. Right now, if I touch my belly button it is soft, but sometimes it is pretty firm. They do say that some women feel them/some don't, and there is a whole range of how intensely people experience them. From what I read, they will almost certainly start/pick up as we all get further into third Tri! Eep.

Good luck, shells! Thinking of you, and sending some nice calming/bp lowering vibes your way. :hugs:

Xx

Midwives in the UK are "allowed" to attend HBs at 36 weeks? Here it's 37 weeks and they aren't supposed to offer home birth breech births... however, there's a little known rule that they can't abandon a client during labour. I would feel comfortable having a home birth from 36 weeks onward and I would personally have a breech home birth if baby ends up being frank breech. I would just call them when I'm in labour and refuse to transfer (though I wouldn't feel comfortable having a breech water birth)! They're well-trained in breech births, it's just that they're currently limited by regulations -- but the non-abandonment clause would allow them to attend me.

There are no birth centres here in BC unfortunately! They usually have the same low-risk guidelines as home births, though, so I probably wouldn't end up using one anyway if I could just stay at home. They're a nice option for sure though!

As the birth centre is within the hospital adjacent to the consultant led ward etc then I think I'd try my luck anyway. Apparently the rooms are all done up lovely with double beds pools etc.

It might be 37 weeks officially but I'm pretty sure last time they said from 36 weeks they'd attend, anything before I'd have to go to labour ward. They are allowed to deliver breech babies at home but not transverse although I think from memory they didn't advise it with first babies.
I wish my midwife had thought about the abandonment clause - and I wish I'd complained at the time. I'm thinking of requesting my labour notes.

Xx

Thanks for the well wishes ladies! :hugs: They said they could keep me and monitor overnight if i wanted to or go home and if i begin to feel unwell i can go back at anytime. I opted for home. Babies are doing great, still very active (both head down again as i thought) and heart rates behaving beautifully. Urine this afternoon no longer was + for protein but it was ++ for leukocytes So they think there may be some infection somewhere, maybe, not sure :dohh: Blood work came back fine and the averaged my blood pressure reading and it was within normal limits.

My midwife slotted me an extra in tomorrow morning when i spoke to her earlier so will get double checked tomorrow and i also see the OB on wednesday (it was the last OB i saw 3 weeks ago who was the DR on call so knew me).

Warn out now but glad to be home and have some food, See what tomorrow brings xx

PS.. was very interesting to see how many tightenings i have regularly! Watching the number rise on the monitor while they were monitoring babies!

Shells, I'm glad you were negative for protein, that's a good sign. Have a good rest -- and stay put babies!

PS.. was very interesting to see how many tightenings i have regularly! Watching the number rise on the monitor while they were monitoring babies!

Yes, I found watching the monitor fascinating! :lol: Glad you're home.

Okay, I just took advantage of some Cyber Monday deals and ordered diapers and the two cribs. Huzzah! Things are starting to come together. :D

Great news, shells. Hopefully you will feel fine for the rest of the day, and they will find an answer for you tomorrow. Could a uti cause high BP? :hugs:

Where did you get the diapers? :) did you get a steal?

Have you heard of The Honest Company? I don't know if they're just local to California. Their schtick is that they make non-toxic, plant-based diapers and try to be really environmentally friendly. They have a monthly bundle of 320 newborn diapers and 288 wipes that's normally $79.99 and it was $59.99 today (25% off). Which makes them cheaper than Pampers, with the added warm-and-fuzzies from trying to be a little eco-conscious, inasmuch as you can with disposable diapers! :lol: I know that's not really going to last a month with twins, but I also don't want to buy TOO much of any given brand/size in case they don't like them/they don't fit. And my mother is arriving in late February with a bunch of cloth diapers from my friend in Australia.

I got the free newborn sample from the honest company! Will see if we like them :) that does sound like a good deal!

Glad you're home shells!

I'm sure they've told you all this but watch for severe headaches, blurring vision, and pain under your right boob! Rest lots and be so careful! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->