FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Lovely bump, shells! I hope you can put your feet up from now until the end!! :)

How much protein are you ladies eating? I read that in pregnancy we should be getting 70g a day... But that is a lot- and way more than I am managing!

How closely are you monitoring your diet in general? :)

my diet hasn't been monitored at all! I don't keep track of how much of anything i eat, but I eat a balanced diet for main meals based on when i went to slimming world, and i snack on whatever i want, i do eat at least one take away a week when i'm too tired to cook lol I've never even had my weight done since booking in at 6 weeks! All my blood tests and everything (up until yesterday) had been perfect :thumbup:

I am not sure if these cramps are from my continuous coughing or something else. Starting to get worried about everything. I believe the meds from last week gave me oral thrush and possibly a yeast infection. Luckily I have a doctors appointment this afternoon...hopefully it is nothing serious.
Anyone ever have cramping? I drank 20oz of water and am laying down. I don't feel anything like the contractions last week.

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't read much over the past couple days but I just wanted to pass this along- I just got a good deal on BumGenius 4.0 cloth diapers from cottonbabies.com, if anyone is interested in that... I did the 5+ starter pack, the buy-6-get-1-free, and an additional free one if spending over $100.... with free shipping my total was $177 so that's $13.68 per diaper. I also posted a breakdown of the cost of disposables vs. cloth on my journal if anyone wants to take a look- I figured out I'd save approx $3,000 on the first year if I used exclusively cloth. I'm very excited. These look like an easy way to start cloth diapers (they are pocket diapers) but I am hoping I'll do well with them and venture into prefolds/inserts one day.

Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone was searching for deals.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about savvy and just a growth spurt coming up. Good job you have an appointment and get checked out x

oooo my twin breastfeeding pillow arrived today as did their coming home outfits :happydance:

How much protein are you ladies eating? I read that in pregnancy we should be getting 70g a day... But that is a lot- and way more than I am managing!

How closely are you monitoring your diet in general? :)

Not managing it at all here. I'm eating what I want, when I want it. Granted, I can only hold a tiny bit at a time. Currently eating a bowlful of rice noodles with mixed veggies and mushrooms with soy sauce over them, and I have chicken korma in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, although I may just nibble at it. I'm still 3 pounds down from what I was at my booking appointment as well, not that I feel like it. Ended up cracking our toilet seat last night! Whoops!

oooo my twin breastfeeding pillow arrived today as did their coming home outfits :happydance:

Which pillow did you order? I had a hard time choosing and ended up with the twin my brest friend pillow which should be delivered this week! I also got two hoppy pillows from our baby shower.

Which pillow did you order? I had a hard time choosing and ended up with the twin my brest friend pillow which should be delivered this week! I also got two hoppy pillows from our baby shower.

I opted for the harmony Duo in the end, so tough when you can only get them online and they are so much more expensive! I just hope i chose right! x

I got a "my brest friend" nursing pillow too! Haven't really tested it out yet but I have a feeling it will be fine. The reviews are good.

Shells, that pillow looks good. It is so hard to know what will work before you use it.

Megamegan, I debated for a while and checked reviews everywhere and it looked to be the best choice for me. Hopefully You will like it too.

savvy, I hope everything is okay! I get semi-painful braxton hicks quite often, especially while walking or when DD is nursing. At least you can bring it up with your doctor today.

Megamegan, good deal! Some people find that pockets don't fit newborns very well. In my case, pockets leaked a lot since DD had really skinny legs. I wasn't able to use them until she was older, but prefolds and flats work very nicely for newborns. :) Bummis and Econobum make some inexpensive prefold set options. I think there's a Bummis newborn kit for $50.

I'm not monitoring my protein or diet or anything in terms of nutrients -- that seems stressful! However, when I was doing the protein study earlier in pregnancy, I had to write down everything I ate and I was meeting the 70g of protein requirement without specifically trying.

That pillow looks great! I was given mine by a former colleague, but it ended up being really good (it's like no brand though, haha). DD still uses it at 2 years except she brings it to me now. :haha:

During the day my bump is actually the most comfortable it has been for a while thanks to the aquanatal we go to, it's really helped my SPD along with following the exercises and advice from the physio :thumbup: at night the SPD makes turning difficult and the bump size makes the hip pressure very painful.

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/312resize_zpseef2636c.jpg

I have OB in the morning but it's at KGH instead of Corby! Always running late but if B is ok are you coming this week to aquanatal, being at home i can eat before i go at the right time and might manage to stay a bit so B can swim? x

I'm at the consultant tomorrow too -in ngh, no doubt he'll also be running late ... definitely up for aquanatal and swim after for B! My hips feel awful the past 2 days.
xx

I am not sure if these cramps are from my continuous coughing or something else. Starting to get worried about everything. I believe the meds from last week gave me oral thrush and possibly a yeast infection. Luckily I have a doctors appointment this afternoon...hopefully it is nothing serious.
Anyone ever have cramping? I drank 20oz of water and am laying down. I don't feel anything like the contractions last week.

I've had cramps at various times, terrible when I had my 3 week cough.
It's never turned out to be anything for me...
infections can cause problems though so definitely mention it to your doctor.
Xx

Thanks for the messages re my step-mother coming out, I'd absolutely love her to come out if she's able to make it!

As for diets, I haven't really been monitoring what I eat down to percentages but I arrange a weekly meal plan every Sunday evening and then do a weekly shop Monday morning. I try to make a balanced healthy-ish plan. We've cut down on eating out so much and we're saving money and eating better for it. Last week I'd made big meals every day and by Sunday I was just tired of being in the kitchen, so I printed out some KFC vouchers and we went out instead!

I just washed all my prefolds and fitteds the other day. Totally did a dance washing all my cloth again. :happydance: LOL

Just caught up on everything as I've had a really busy weekend and I'm paying for it now, I'm absolutely shattered.

So glad to see that you and babies are doing well shells.

A couple of times over the weekend and today I've been having pains like I really need to go to the toilet. It's the sort of belly ache you have when you have diarrhea (sorry) and need to get to the loo quickly! When I've got to the toilet and sat down I get a big pain in the whole of my belly and it goes really tight and lasts for about 10 seconds. As soon as the pain is gone, I feel fine again and I never even end up using the toilet. The pains aren't regular at all, maybe once a day, sometimes not even that. Is this braxton hicks? If not, any idea? This is my first time being pregnant so I literally have no idea.

Just caught up on everything as I've had a really busy weekend and I'm paying for it now, I'm absolutely shattered.

So glad to see that you and babies are doing well shells.

A couple of times over the weekend and today I've been having pains like I really need to go to the toilet. It's the sort of belly ache you have when you have diarrhea (sorry) and need to get to the loo quickly! When I've got to the toilet and sat down I get a big pain in the whole of my belly and it goes really tight and lasts for about 10 seconds. As soon as the pain is gone, I feel fine again and I never even end up using the toilet. The pains aren't regular at all, maybe once a day, sometimes not even that. Is this braxton hicks? If not, any idea? This is my first time being pregnant so I literally have no idea.

That's how mine are but I feel like I need to pee instead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->