FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Great news, ttc!

Awesome being signed off work already, shells! You'll have plenty of time to rest up and prepare for your boys! :D

No cravings, no aversions. I much prefer that to the nausea I had until 18 weeks! Still sleep deprived. Toddlers suck. :haha:

Shey, good luck with the test!!

I'll just copy this in here from my journal:

I had my 28-week appointment this morning, including a quick scan to check their heartbeats and fluid levels. Everything looks good! :D Sheila is still head down and Bruce is still breech, but my OB is great - she said at this point she is totally comfortable assisting me through a vaginal delivery if I want, and if she's not on call at the hospital when I do go into labour, that I can tell the hospital to call her anyway if the OB on call *isn't* comfortable with it (because Bruce is breech). Huzzah! Although all of that only applies if they're about the same size or Sheila is bigger - she would be a bit more antsy about it if Bruce was significantly bigger because he'd have a more likely chance of getting stuck.

She gave me a prescription for Zantac if I need it for the acid reflux, but said I could keep taking the Tums antacids that I've been taking before bed in the meantime and only fill the prescription if the Tums stops cutting it. She also said she usually writes people out of work at 36 weeks (and onto disability leave), and for twins we could be aiming for more like 34 weeks. That's only six weeks away! But that we should keep checking on how I feel in the meantime. Now I'm on fortnightly appointments. I have another growth scan next Friday to make sure they're on track.

Oh and I'm measuring 8 months pregnant. :lol:

I had my 28-week appointment this morning, including a quick scan to check their heartbeats and fluid levels. Everything looks good! :D Sheila is still head down and Bruce is still breech, but my OB is great - she said at this point she is totally comfortable assisting me through a vaginal delivery if I want, and if she's not on call at the hospital when I do go into labour, that I can tell the hospital to call her anyway if the OB on call *isn't* comfortable with it (because Bruce is breech). Huzzah! Although all of that only applies if they're about the same size or Sheila is bigger - she would be a bit more antsy about it if Bruce was significantly bigger because he'd have a more likely chance of getting stuck.

Great news! My twins are in the same position as yours and the doctors have told me basically the same thing. As long as A is head down ready to go they will attempt a vaginal delivery. They said some doctors are even comfortable doing a breech delivery for baby B as long as their heart rate doesn't drop. They also said the same thing about baby size and they wouldn't want B's head to get stuck. If I went into labor before 32 weeks then it is an automatic c-section for safety reasons, they already had me sign the paper work last week when I was in for preterm labor. Hoping Bruce can do a flip for you and be head down before delivery! :)

Okay, good to know you're hearing basically the same thing!!

No real cravings, haven't really had much in terms of cravings while I've been pregnant this time. Definitely tons of aversions, though most have passed. Still struggling to eat white meat, though. I ate turkey for Thanksgiving, but now have no desire to eat chicken or anything similar for awhile.

I do find myself leaning toward eating a lot of carbs, trying to better balance that out a bit. :rofl:

Same for me Melly and savvy except at the minute nobody can decide which way up my two are! Monday at fetal health she said both head down. .. Tuesday midwife said A head down B breech.. today at OB she said A transverse and B breech! I guess my scan next Wednesday is going to be the only way to tell who is right!

:lol: I wonder if they're moving around a lot?! Or if it's just hard to tell with twins. :lol:

I think I'd have felt some serious turning going on with all that lol I kicked punched headbutted elbowed and of course the wriggles so much i am struggling to work out what is what anymore lol

I am starting to feel bruised on the inside! I was lying on the couch groaning last night because they were taking turns kicking my poor stomach. :lol:

Oh my gosh, palpating a twin mama must be an adventure! I was reading a guide to how midwives palpate to determine a baby's position and was having a hard time figuring it out on myself -- I can't imagine if there were two of them in there! :haha:

Fruit and ice has been my cravings for the last couple of weeks.

Very boring here. No cravings! But still can't face hot drinks.

I wish I was craving fruit, my cravings are always something sweet like chocolate! :dohh:

doretos here and chocolate the more the merrier lol!my lo is breach so head is wedged in my ribs!

Ugh, went to see the midwife this morning for a routine check up. Everything was going fine until I happened to mention that my sister had gestational diabetes :dohh: Now, I have to have a GTT next Thursday, boo! I don't do well without food at the best of times so I'm really not looking forward to it! :cry:

Is it just me that gets mildly excited now every time I check this thread in case the first baby has been born?! I know it's still early but time's flying!

I've been craving grapes and also nutella and banana sandwiches.
Btw had my GD test went well. Baby girl is measuring 3 lbs at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->