FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Last night I was craving peach rings. It was so bad that hubby and I went out to get some. It was the first time I've had a real craving. Most of the time I'm good to eat just about anything. I've been avoiding tomato based food and chocolate because they both give me the worst heartburn. Sometime I can't say no to chocolate though, because chocolate is one of my food groups!

I have an appointment to see my midwife next Thursday for her to take more blood so thought I'd ask ahead of time to prepare myself; how can I make my veins come up?
You literally can't see any veins in my arm and the last time she tried to do it she prodded me so much it made me faint and I had to go to the hospital to get them taken.

I am starting to feel bruised on the inside! I was lying on the couch groaning last night because they were taking turns kicking my poor stomach. :lol:

It makes me feel better that you posted that. I told my husband the other day they must be getting stronger because sometimes it seriously hurts when they wiggle or kick. I love feeling them move around but sometimes it is violent in there! I just hope they both don't come out bruised from all of the fighting...thank goodness for separate sacs! :)

Ugh, went to see the midwife this morning for a routine check up. Everything was going fine until I happened to mention that my sister had gestational diabetes :dohh: Now, I have to have a GTT next Thursday, boo! I don't do well without food at the best of times so I'm really not looking forward to it! :cry:

Is it just me that gets mildly excited now every time I check this thread in case the first baby has been born?! I know it's still early but time's flying!

Good luck with your gtt, I'm really hoping that we all keep em cooking til at least January.

Xx

I have an appointment to see my midwife next Thursday for her to take more blood so thought I'd ask ahead of time to prepare myself; how can I make my veins come up?
You literally can't see any veins in my arm and the last time she tried to do it she prodded me so much it made me faint and I had to go to the hospital to get them taken.

I think the only things you can do are not be dehydrated, make sure you're warm and did she make you pump your fist while you had the strap round your arm before she did it?
Xx

Pens don't pump your fist before, it can possibly throw off your results. The best advice I have (I draw blood and work in a lab for a living) is to drink plenty of water and you could put a warm compress on your arm to bring your veins up, but it really just depends on how good your phlebotomist is……Gl!

Pens don't pump your fist before, it can possibly throw off your results. The best advice I have (I draw blood and work in a lab for a living) is to drink plenty of water and you could put a warm compress on your arm to bring your veins up, but it really just depends on how good your phlebotomist is……Gl!

I'm always told to open and close my hand before they take blood!

Make sure your nice and warm perhaps wear a long sleeve top and pumo your hand open and closed. You could also try dangling your arm geloe your waist while sitting lol , although it would be funny to see you doing an orangutan impression lol

I had a midwife appointment yesterday, don't see her again until 34 weeks! I feel like I've hardly seen her this time around compared to with my first! I think I see her once more after my 34 week appointment, also have a scan at 36 weeks to check placenta position and then c-section scheduled for 39 weeks! It's going past quickly!

Yes, drink lots of water beforehand Pens. Good luck.

I hope we don't have any babies born in here for a month or so yet!

It is definitely going quickly, bumblebee. Less than ten weeks to go!

Pens -- like others said, I've been told to drink lots of water before they pull blood as it'll help open the veins.

Totally pissed myself today in Kohls. Thought I had broken my water or something and panicked, but have been fine since and I did a (TMI ew lol) sniff test and yeah, it was pee. Thankfully it wasn't a full-on pee myself, just a spot of pee, but how mortifying! Just walking with my DD and suddenly I'm like o.o WE NEED TO LEAVE. :rofl: I am way more incontinent this go-around than last time.

That has happened to me a few times now swan. :blush: I've taken to wearing dark pants, just in case!!

I had the weirdest dream last night that my little girl was sticking her hands and feet out of my belly button trying to get out, and I kept pushing her back in because it was too early for her to come out, and suddenly her whole head was slipping out and she was born! Out of my belly button! :lol: Go home, subconscious, you're drunk.

Is it just me that gets mildly excited now every time I check this thread in case the first baby has been born?! I know it's still early but time's flying!

Hah yes I know what you mean, I was only wondering this morning who would be first and when it would happen. I hope everyone goes full term of course but the odds must put at least one of us early.

My childhood friend who went into labour last Friday finally made her announcement on FB. Sounds like her waters broke Friday morning but baby wasn't born until Sunday afternoon? Poor thing's been in special care all week and mother's still in hospital, but he's looking healthy and they're doing just fine. Makes me very nervous though!

Ugh hubby is going back to work! :cry:
He did his drug and alcohol test today and next week we're going to Vancouver for a couple of nights for him to do his welding test for his new job. Which at least means I get to enjoy having a bathtub for a few nights :happydance:

I wear cloth pads right now just in case :blush: - sneezing gets me...

:haha: swan, how embarrassing! Thankfully it was only pee!

I also wonder which baby will be born first! Fingers crossed we all make it to January at least. Only 4 more weeks until 2015 -- wow.

Let me know if you want to grab a coffee or something, captain. :D

DD and I picked out colours and made umbilical cord ties for the baby today. :D
We're planning on using them instead of those big ol' plastic clips.
10850272_1039576239401453_8659697518460142042_n.jpg

Feronia that would be great! We're probably going to stay in New Westminster as DH will be getting bus over to Annacis Island from 22nd St, I'll let you know when we're in town!

Feronia that would be great! We're probably going to stay in New Westminster as DH will be getting bus over to Annacis Island from 22nd St, I'll let you know when we're in town!

Yay, let me know! We're out near VGH but can travel. :D Though we're on vacation after the 10th for a few weeks.

oh my goodness swan! you had me peeing myself laughing! I'm sorry that happened to you! I was sitting on the floor of babies r us last week looking at carseats. I sneezed and oh my gosh so embarrassing puddle on the floor. my sister and mom were with me. I was so embarrassed! lol!

Melly what a silly dream! :)

Captain I'm sorry dh has to go back. but I hope you enjoy your hotel time :) Maybe it can be like a mini baby moon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->