FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Lovely melly, do show us more when you have them!

Minibump I've had it to, I have patches like that burning and numbness around my hips in the creases between where my legs join my body which is apparently do with the nerves.
You might find this helpful though.
https://www.buzzle.com/articles/skin-burning-sensation-during-pregnancy.html

Ladies.... Piles/Hemorrhoids.... I have always been a sufferer they rarely hurt and only flare up when constipated... usually!

I am not constipated but OUCH are they bad at the minute! My usual Cream isn't doing much at all and not allowed to use the suppositories when pregnant! I've heard Witch Hazel soaked cotton balls on the area can really help, but also read conflicting whether it can be used in pregnancy??? Any ideas if this is safe or not? x

I think it's only because there's been no testing on pregnant women that they don't ok it ? I'd probably check with the midwife.
Xx

You can use witch hazel during pregnancy, as far as I am aware. It's really just a natural antiseptic. Feronia probably has much more knowledge on it than I do.

Lovely pic, Melly! :D

I'm no witch hazel expert. :haha: I'm only really aware of its postpartum benefits. I agree with Raspberry that the conflicting info is because it hasn't been tested on pregnant women. It's unclassified for that reason. Just about everything that hasn't been tested on pregnant women is listed like that. I'd use it, though, if it would help you feel better!

Ugh, DH has the flu. :( I really, really, really hope DD and I don't get it. We're supposed to fly out to San Diego on Wednesday. I'm upping my vitamin C and zinc... fingers crossed. Baaaaad timing!

Dr has just called with 2nd urine sample results and it has grown a bug (first one at OB on wednesday came back borderline) - but as i'm not showing symptoms he doesn't want to treat it because it could have come from the outside rather than inside? Right or wrong? I'm 50/50! Was Mondays episode last week down to a urine infection and i'm risking it happening again or was that just totally random? OR if i take antibiotics for something that is on the outside am I risking thrush and more complications? Hmmmm

What would you do?

Also while i had him on the phone he is writing me prescription for something for my piles :thumbup:

How do you know if you have haemorrhoids? Do you definitely know?

My other accomplishment for the weekend - I assembled our fancy pants stroller! Wheeeee! I don't know why it's sideways, sigh.

Attachments

• bumbleride.jpg
    bumbleride.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
Melly that is a lovely stroller!! :)

If you have them for the first time, you KNOW you have them, they are varicose veins basically which then swell with pressure from BM and if they come outside (like mine are) you can feel them when you sit/stand/walk - so so sore!! Mine are often just 'there' now and don't cause me any problems anymore, they have been there so long, but i have new ones and it's those that are killing me!

I've only ever had them right after giving birth to DD. I remember taking my first postpartum shower (the best shower you're ever going to have :haha:) and noticing them and asking my midwife WTF I was feeling, lol!

Shells, can you take a re-test?

Lovely picture, melly! And loooooooove the stroller. The colour is beautiful! And still dark enough to be practical :)!

I've only ever had them right after giving birth to DD. I remember taking my first postpartum shower (the best shower you're ever going to have :haha:) and noticing them and asking my midwife WTF I was feeling, lol!

Shells, can you take a re-test?

That was a re-test, first one came back borderline, this one came back as having a bug.... I am having my whooping cough vaccine and blood pressure check tomorrow and my midwife will be in the building so i'll ask her what she wants me to do i think.

I just hope that the prescription the Dr is giving me can sort these piles out - so bad today that tonight when i go to bed i will getting the ice out!! (would do it now but i've got to go out again) x

Poor you, shells :( if you think you have a uti, I would take the antibiotics- I think having one is riskier than the antibiotics. You can treat thrush if you get it... And thrush also isn't meant to cause any pregnancy complications.

But with that being said, I guess the question is whether you really do think you have one... Maybe do another test? Perhaps get a sample cup and use it after a shower to minimize any outside bacteria muddying the waters?

I hope you don't have one in the end! :)

So I have been up since 2am 4 screaming kids freezing weather and to top it all my face looks lije Ihave bbeen punched I have sinusitis which has meant allnone side of my face is swollen so much it doednt move and dr cant give painkillers it really hurts poor me

Lovely picture Melly, and I love the stroller!

Still have my annoying ear ache and sore throat here but at least it isn't too painful. This morning I woke up at 4AM and at 5AM I was wide awake laying in bed thinking of chicken curry! The joys of pregnancy eh!

Contractions have been killing me lately, almost take my breath away. I know what BH feels like because I have been getting them since about 25 weeks but these ones are more intense but idk very confused. Also my daughter is still in the transverse position which is starting to cause me discomfort. I have a growth scan tomorrow so maybe I'll talk with one of the nurses when I go.

Feelings on the DTAP vaccine? I don't like unnecessary vaccines especially in pregnancy. I don't remember getting it with DD but that was a long while ago now. I do know I didn't get the flu shot when I was pregnant with her and the ONLY reason I got it this year was because I was still working and had gotten the flu 2 years in a row from work, simply couldn't risk it. Anyway..... TYIA!

Oh 2ndtime, no fun. :( I find a warm face washer on my face helps relieve sinus pressure?

Mommy2missR, I got the TDAP vaccine because I had whooping cough ~8 years ago and it was awful. Would certainly not want any infants to get it.

Tuck's Pads are witch hazel and I've heard them recommended for pregnancy from lots of sources. I've never heard about it being a problem. I'm guessing the prescription will be more effective.

There was just yet another outbreak of whooping cough in California, and the CDC says they're just going to become more commonplace. It kills babies (it cracks ribs in strong, healthy adults, this disease does not mess around), and the TDAP during pregnancy gives your baby immunity before he's old enough to get his own immunizations. It's up to you, of course, but unless I had previous very negative reactions to the TDAP, there's no way I'd skip it.

I'm getting the whooping cough (DTAP) vaccine because i was unable to have it as a baby myself due to complicated delivery, back then thats how it was. My aunt nearly died with it as an infant, so i'm figuring better i have it now than never x

i think I am getting the dtap today at my ob appointment. As mentioned above, there are getting to be more and more cases, as people aren't vaccinating their children. In my mind, the minor risks of the vaccine (unless you know you have had a bad reaction) are much less of a concern than the risk of a newborn getting whooping cough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->