FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I went in apologising for being a pain the arse to the midwife, i've had her on speed dial this last week almost lol She was fine and actually very pleased i went in when she saw the results! What was supposed to be a 5 minute chat turned into a 30 minute appointment she was now running late for afternoon clinic and she didn't care! Has told me to stamp my feet and refuse to leave if i haven't got the prescription by the end of my 5pm appointment lol

So much for my 'text book' problem free pregnancy lol I did ok til 31 weeks! :dohh:

It's just starting to sink in that we are going to start seeing pictures babies in as short as a month (36 weeks is considered full-term for twin births, right?)!! It's all getting very real.

Shells, glad you're ok and that you're getting a prescription. :)

I haven't taken a birthing class because they are expensive and I'd rather spend the money on something else. Am I crazy? Are they worth the money?

Damn our luck, was meant to be catching the ferry over to the mainland today but so far all ferries have been cancelled due to the weather. Wasn't planning on leaving until after DH's dentist appointment so hopefully there's a break in the system long enough for us to get over later this afternoon.

Swan, I've been getting dull period like pains at the bottom of my belly too. I wasn't too worried because it only lasts a couple of minutes and it hasn't been happening often but I did ask my midwife and she said not to be worried unless it was getting worse/happening longer or if it was followed by any bleeding.

I've been so incredibly hungry lately, I'll eat small things throughout the day and it seems like an hour later my stomach is growling again and I feel sick from hunger. I'm worried I've already gained too much weight as it is, I don't want to be eating too much more, ergh :-(

Thanks ladies! :hugs: Thankfully a large water intake (drank two, 16oz cups full of ice water) and putting my feet up helped my aching to cease, then I got my shot and went to bed. :rofl: Feeling better today and am forcing myself to drink more water today to keep fully hydrated.

I am 31 weeks Thursday. I had my daughter at 35 and change. It's crazy for me to ponder this! LOL.

Glad you kept on them Savvy and that they'll be able to treat you accordingly now. You poor thing! :hugs:

Thank god you followed things up yourself shells! I'm excited for the first baby announcement although I hope it's a few weeks off yet!

I keep stalking for an announcement too. It's probably going to be one of our twinnie mommas, but any of us early Feb girls could go early too! Eeeeeee

I was thinking about who the first would be too, I hope all of the babies can be patient and stay cooking for a bit longer though.
I hope we can all stay in contact after they're all born too, I think it would be lovely to see how everyones babies are progressing.

I think there are mum's group journals as well as pregnancy group journals, so we might just have to make RaspberryK start one!

:haha: thanks for the nomination! I wonder if we have to start a new one or if we get this one moved.

You'll all have to think about how you want me to edit the front page here when we get birth announcements.

Xx

Well my little guy decided to be naughty and turn himself breech! Also they weren't happy with his mca doppler measurements so they repeat next week. If it still doesn't look good they would likely just deliver. So we'll see what happens. I have faith he'll be just fine but still a nerve wracking few days for me.

I bet we'll have at least one December delivery (maybe twinnies!)

Well, I got in a car accident today on the way to see my midwife. It wasn't anyone's fault, it was rainy and a pedestrian stepped in front of the car in front of me suddenly not in a crosswalk. He slammed on his brakes, I slammed on mine, but my wheels just spun. Baby is okay, it's just sore where my seatbelt was under my bump and my chiro said I have whiplash so I'm in back/neck pain. I also got some low cramps and BH for a while, but my midwife checked me over and everything is okay. Thankfully DD was rear facing and she's totally fine! Not phased at all!

Sort of fortuitous that I had appointments to see both my midwife AND my chiropractor today, eh?

In better news, baby's heartrate is great, I'm measuring a week behind but my midwife wasn't concerned in the least (she only told me because I asked), and baby is head down now! She could even tell where my placenta is and that it's high up. She checked for it (she could hear it with the fetoscope) to make sure it wasn't where the seatbelt was, and thankfully it wasn't.

We fly to San Diego tomorrow morning so I won't be on much until the end of the month. I'm in a lot of pain when I walk -- don't they give wheelchairs to pregnant people at airports?

Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I am 28 and expecting my first on Feb. 14.

I know we just met and all, but I am wondering if you can help me with a question. how much discharge are you getting around 30 weeks? I had a huge amount today (thick white) in one episode and am worried about it. i have had antibiotics three times for BV, and also treated for a yeast infection... but am not convinced the antibiotics are working/it is a good idea to keep taking them.

Any insights would be great- and my apologies for turning up with a gross question for you all :blush:

Oh no, feronia! Glad you feel well after that. Ouch. It doesn't sound like you guys are having a good week with the flu and now this.

Good luck over the next few days, ttc. Hopefully all will be looking up. :hugs: 32 weeks isn't ideal, but all the stats show that baby would likely have no issues if he was born now (or at 33 weeks I guess by the time you see the doc again). Anecdotally, a friend had her baby at 33 weeks in August. He was in hospital for about a week, and has been fine since then/is seemingly thriving! Fingers crossed it doesn't happen yet in any case...

Welcome, Bubby love. I had BV at 20ish weeks and had to have a second course of antibiotics. I still don't know what is/was going on and/or what is normal. I worry a lot about it causing problems like you do. Hopefully the other ladies can offer a better insight about what is considered normal.

Feronia! How scary :( I'm sorry that happened, but I am glad that you were on your way to those appointments!! Yikes.

You can ask for wheelchairs at the airport, I believe - I was just at dinner last night with a friend who had to use wheelchairs while travelling with extreme HG due to muscle loss!

ttc, fingers crossed for more promising results next week. :hugs:

Feronia, I'm so sorry that happened but so glad you and both of your little ones are ok! Thank goodness for rear facing!

Hi bubby. I think that sounds like a yeast infection. I had a terrible one and not an itch once. it may take another course of meds.

Surprise, thanks you're always so sweet and your friend's story really puts me at ease :) I hope you're doing well :)

Sorry you had a rough day Feronia! Hopefully you can do lots of relaxing on your trip! Is anyone else really looking forward to getting christmas out the way haha! I feel once christmas is over and done with I can start concentrating on the baby!

Awwww, I'm glad that anecdote helps put you at ease, ttc! If there weren't a number of moral issues with doing it, I would love to post picture she sent so you could see him smiling away! ;) It put my mind at ease a lot seeing how well both Mum and baby have done. I find it hard to believe that my baby is nearing the same age he was born at.

I am doing well, beyond my endless worry! I would so love to have a daily midwife or doctor appointment ;)

Been in L&D all day being monitored. Staying overnight will update when I'm finally discharged. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->