FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I'm getting whooping cough vaccine on Tuesday. Think benefits far out way the risks.

I had my whooping cough vaccine last week. I personally wouldn't risk not getting it, but everyone has their own opinion! I think the benefits far outweigh any risks. Other than a slightly sore arm for 24 hours I had no reaction at all.

I had my whooping cough vaccine last week definitely think benefits outdo risks :)

I usually don't vaccinate "willy nilly" I've never had the flu jab til this year, I didn't get ds vaccinated with the flu spray and he had his mmr delayed and in separate injections. I did choose to have both the flu and whooping cough vaccine this year.
Xx

I'm not even offered the flu shot or DTAP by my midwives. It wasn't brought during either pregnancy, which is fine by me because I'd personally prefer not to do them. That being said, DH now has the flu (or something viral like it), but it's his first time ever having it despite never having a flu shot. So far DD and I are fine but we're upping our vitamin C, D, and zinc.

I'm not even offered the flu shot or DTAP by my midwives. It wasn't brought during either pregnancy, which is fine by me because I'd personally prefer not to do them. That being said, DH now has the flu (or something viral like it), but it's his first time ever having it despite never having a flu shot. So far DD and I are fine but we're upping our vitamin C, D, and zinc.

It (whooping cough vaccine) wasn't offered to me when I was pregnant with ds but since then there was an outbreak in the uk and the vaccination programme is in response to that I believe.
The flu jab was offerer but by the time I'd booked in at 9 weeks with ds flu season was practically over so I didn't see any point.
Xx

Today we did a comparison photo for thirty weeks. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
Awesome swan! You look quite similar both times! :D Maybe it's the similar shirt + dog. :haha: I want to do the same thing!

It was fun - one of the only shirts I was able to easily find from my pics with her so I had to replicate. But all my jeans are in the wash so I opted for leggings bc I was lazy lol. Funny to compare between the two. I was bigger with her but otherwise about the same.

Have my feet up ATM. Dull ache under my bump ATM. Almost like the dull ache I get before my period. But no BH or anything - no tightening. Just an ache. Chugging water and giving it an hour to monitor before I make any calls since I'm pretty sure its just a lack of enough water. I hope. :/

Hi ladies!

Hope you're all well!

I can't get the dtap unfortunately as I had a horrible reaction as a child (convulsions etc.) but I did opt for the flu vaccine this year. My plan is to try to keep my lo home as much as possible the first 8 weeks till he can have his dtap done.

Bleh I just need to vent! Today I took my son for his 15 month check. His pediatrician is referring us to a pediatric orthopedic dr because he suspects hip dysplasia :( Extremely stressed!

I got the TDAP last week. Benefits outweighed the risks. My arm was soooooo sore for a few days. Hope you ladies fare better!

Swan I hope your tummy ache was nothing, I've had all sorts of aches and pains.
Ttc I hope that the referral is as stress free as possible although the last think you need right now.
MissErye and future tdapers, I had a terrible sore arm and bruising etc with the flu jab but only a dull ache with the whooping cough one.
Xx

Thank you everyone for your input! I think I will opt for it since it does seem as though the benefits outweigh the risks. :D

Ok ladies always trust your gut instinct... i contacted midwife over the UTI results and what the dr said as i was quite crampy last night ... turns out the infection i have is quite a bad one and could have sent me into labour if left untreated! :shrug: Do Dr's actually know anything about pregnant women??? My midwife has insisted i have a prescription for the antibiotics by the end of the day (i would have had it there and then if she had her way but they are in a meeting). I go back for my whooping cough vaccine so will have it in hand by then! Also she did my blood pressure and it is raised again (not out of limits but higher than it usually is) so i'm now on twice weekly blood pressure monitoring on Tuesdays and Fridays x

Glad you followed it up, shells. I hope the blood pressure stays down!

Wow, shells, good thing you looked into that more and are being treated! I hope your blood pressure stays down, too.

I also say trust your instincts. At my OB office they don't do routine urine tests which bothers me so I asked for one while at an appt with a non-OB doc... they said they found sugar in my urine and got me all worried, and then I had an appointment and the OB said since I passed my glucose test there was no worry about the sugar. Since then I've been trying to up my protein intake and have a little less sugar in my diet. But I swear doctors do not know everything and it's frustrating when they don't communicate!

I can't have the whooping cough vaccine because I was allergic as a baby and haven't tried it since. So I'm also going to keep baby home as much as possible in the first 8 weeks, won't be hard since I'll be on maternity leave and it's winter. :)

Glad you are getting the antibiotics, shells! It is a lesson I keep having to relearn- you have to be your own health advocate, as no matter how well intentioned, a doctor/nurse etc will never have the time and desire to care about you as much as you do! ;) like you say- trust your instincts :)

...hope your bump ache passed, Swan. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->