FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Hi everyone, glad to hear good news all around! I'm still keeping up but it sucks typing on my phone so I'm not saying much until I'm back from CA.

Raspberry, I'm sorry you will miss it. :( Do you have someone line up to take photos/video for you??

bouncey, yes, my back hurts all the time. Especially at the end of the day if I've been sitting most of the day.

yeah I have it too when im sitting or on my feet too long ive to get dh rub my back at night coz its so sore, glad im not in the only one with it in a away u hear about people in early labour and its all in their back etc

Had my 31 week midwife appointment today ...she measured me at being 36 weeks!!!!!

I have a growth scan on Monday and I know in my head that neither are massively reliable but I am getting kinda scared!!

bouncey, I have found a hot water bottle on my lower back for 20 minutes or so just before bed is very soothing and helps me get to sleep.

MrsLemon, the growth scans are so crazy inaccurate. I hope yours doesn't come back alarming!

I have a couple of professional photos on order so that's something, dh said he was brilliant.
Today was my last cervical length scan, consultant wanted to do another in 2 weeks but I didn't have to object too much as the registrar who did the scan agreed with it being unnecessary and not useful.
I have agreed to the growth scan at 36 weeks though.
Xx

Had my 31 week midwife appointment today ...she measured me at being 36 weeks!!!!!

I have a growth scan on Monday and I know in my head that neither are massively reliable but I am getting kinda scared!!

Don't worry! I'm measuring further ahead on fundal height than the baby is measuring.

Xx

Glad you're done with the cervix length checks! Glad you got some pictures coming of B in his nativity, i bet he was fab! x

My back is shot these days, i have finally pumped up my big ball... i'm currently sitting on it taking the pressure off my back -such a difference!! I recommend getting one if you haven't already, i'm pretty sure mine should be the bigger size but this one was a freebie from my mum and it's doing the job :thumbup:

Glad you're done with the cervix length checks! Glad you got some pictures coming of B in his nativity, i bet he was fab! x

My back is shot these days, i have finally pumped up my big ball... i'm currently sitting on it taking the pressure off my back -such a difference!! I recommend getting one if you haven't already, i'm pretty sure mine should be the bigger size but this one was a freebie from my mum and it's doing the job :thumbup:

Yes the ball is great for me and all of my aches and pains. I have a 75cm one, I've got it adjusted just right so that my hips are higher than my knees.
Xx

I have the 75cm one at work as well, it definitely helps, but even on the ball, at the end of the day my back is quite sore!

thanks ladies I didn't know a hot water bottle was safe to use I must try that, ive a ball somewhere from when I as pregnant with my son must dig it out I forgot about that!

Here's a link to reassure you bouncey: https://www.madeformums.com/pregnancy/is-it-safe-to-use-a-hot-water-bottle-while-pregnant/31262.html

I have mine wrapped in a hand towel and I sit up in bed propped up by pillows reading for awhile with the hot water bottle against my lower back.

bouncyboo i also have a wheat bag i microwave for minute - it's tubular shaped and great for sticking inside my leggings :haha: it just stays in the right place on my lower back, i can walk round the house with it there lol

Hi ladies

Had a bit of a scare yesterday, started getting period pains and tightenings plus lower back pain. I went in to get checked and luckily they stopped and baby is fine, though no one actually explained to me what they were, to me they felt just like contractions! I honestly thought I had gone into labour. They just told me to rest for a few days and slow down, though this is actually impossible with a toddler plus christmas next week! Feel so stressed lately so that probably didnt help, its been one thing after another with my partners health taking a turn for the worse, our benefits were stopped plus our toddler turned into the devil incarnate!

Any other mummies struggling to deal with their toddlers since being pregnant? I feel terrible saying it but i just have no patience when it comes to him at the moment and i feel myself being so horrible to him some of the things ive said :(
Dont get me wrong i love him with all my heart he just knows how to push my buttons lately and since being pregnant i find it gets to me more than it did.

thanks girls ill try the hot water bottle tonight thanks for the link melly!

to the above poster ive a 2 year old and it can be very challenging at times, do you go for walks to get out out of the house to distract him/her during the day?with my son we go for walks ,baking, do puzzles that sort of thing he loves to do or even help organise the babys things/Christmas presents and help write the xmas cards? hope things improve soon!

bouncyboo i also have a wheat bag i microwave for minute - it's tubular shaped and great for sticking inside my leggings :haha: it just stays in the right place on my lower back, i can walk round the house with it there lol

that gave me a bit of a giggle but whatever works ill try it out thanks hun!

Hi ladies

Had a bit of a scare yesterday, started getting period pains and tightenings plus lower back pain. I went in to get checked and luckily they stopped and baby is fine, though no one actually explained to me what they were, to me they felt just like contractions! I honestly thought I had gone into labour. They just told me to rest for a few days and slow down, though this is actually impossible with a toddler plus christmas next week! Feel so stressed lately so that probably didnt help, its been one thing after another with my partners health taking a turn for the worse, our benefits were stopped plus our toddler turned into the devil incarnate!

Any other mummies struggling to deal with their toddlers since being pregnant? I feel terrible saying it but i just have no patience when it comes to him at the moment and i feel myself being so horrible to him some of the things ive said :(
Dont get me wrong i love him with all my heart he just knows how to push my buttons lately and since being pregnant i find it gets to me more than it did.

dont beat yourself up I have a 4yo 3yo 2yo and av1yo im finding it tough at the moment feel abit like im angry mum all the time, then today it finaly dawned in me its not the kuds its my exoectations of them I just need to chill abit we dont have to be perfect all the time try to enjoy some time with your lo before the next one arrives its fine to struggle just remember it doesnt make u a bad mum

I've had the worst acid reflux too. I was prescribed Zantac and it doesn't work every day but I highly recommend asking for it. It helps way way more than any antacid or papaya enzymes.

I finally made a connection between constipation and pelvic pain. If I'm constipated one day and then relieve myself, suddenly my hips/pelvis feel better. In case anyone else has that issue I thought I'd pass it along. Have to make Colace a more regular part of my daily routine!

Hope everyone is able to take it easy as the holidays approach. I know I'm not...lol.

OMG, my constipation has returned with a vengeance. :( TMI but I finally relieved myself yesterday after a few days and I literally lost 2lb. :lol:

Just a little update from me....
I'm currently having to stay at the hospital overnight.
I went for a NST and my blood pressure actually dropped to 70/30 and I went all weird. Cold sweat, nauseous, dizzy, seeing stars. My blood sugars were at a 3 so they gave me apple juice and put in an IV and put on an oxygen mask. Once I came around and my bp went back to normal they gave me the steroid shot in my thigh to help babies lungs develop. They noticed from the monitors I was having regular contractions too. So the resident on call checked me but I'm not dilated. Which means they could give me food! Yay!
This is so surreal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->