FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

I have no idea about the accuracy of the 12-week scans, Melly, but my thoughts are with your friend. Amnios aren't usually done before 15 weeks, so if she's earlier than that it's most likely a blood test. Keep us updated! What an awful thing to go through, especially at this time of the year... :(

I checked in with her today and it's actually a CVS, not an amnio, because otherwise they'd have to wait, like you say. And she's meeting with a genetic counsellor as well, hopefully she finds out more about the possibilities.

Thinking of your friend Melly and hoping all of the best for her. I sometimes moan about being pregnant and uncomfortable but always regret it after because I am so lucky to be having a healthy baby.

I hope your growth scan is inaccurate too MrsLemon, they usually are though! A friend of mine was told she was going to have a 10+lb baby and got induced 2 weeks early and her baby was only about 7lbs, so try not to stress too much.

Feronia a lot of people have tried to talk me out of my baby name too (we've picked Myah, I don't think I've shared that on here before) every time someone has asked what we're naming her they've screwed their noses up! I'm also dreading OHs family being all over the baby when she's here, they're very rude anyway and will just go straight up to her and pick her up and smother her and pass her around like she's their own. It really frustrates me, especially as their children (who are all under 10) have picked up their bad habits and the thought of them trying to pick her up on their own accord makes me mad!

It was my Birthday yesterday and I went out for dinner but I couldn't even finish! I forced myself to eat my chicken breast and my stomach felt like it was about to pop open, I was so uncomfortable. I can hardly eat anything without feeling like a beached whale now.

Oh and has anyone heard from savvy? Been thinking about her a lot recently and was wondering if she's doing okay. Xx

I think if you change your baby names due to other people's opinions you will always regret it! My baby names are a little unusable as my husband is from Abu Dhabi so they have traditional Emirati names. I am no longer bothered what other people think!

Oh and has anyone heard from savvy? Been thinking about her a lot recently and was wondering if she's doing okay. Xx

I think about her often too, and would love to know how her and her little girls are doing x

One of the reasons i haven't mentioned names to anyone is for that reason, i know once they are here nobody will say a word about them, but i know if i mention it now my sister will come up with a stupid nickname that will put me off...

We actually have 0 regrets over changing his name, thankfully. But at the same time we hadn't been 100% sold on it either. We just knew we liked Lucas but couldn't find a middle name we loved with it. At all! So I am thinking this is more just fate -- we will use Lucas, just not as the first name. :) No remorse here. Annoyance sure because how she went about it was, imo, tacky. If there was a familial issue with us using his name, I would have preferred being told in private than in public, iykwim. So regardless even though I was originally upset, I am pleased now as I do love the name we've cbosen -- AND he has a first and middle name now!

So all in all I'm calling it a win. :) I just don't get why people feel the need to make rude remarks ever? I've only told one friend his name and she said "I prefer Lucas Joel. It sounds much better than Joel Lucas."

So I'm telling people when he comes. F them all :) Yall are privy to the private knowledge! Haha.

---

Praying that all goes well Melly!!! Please keep us posted for your poor friend!

Feronia fwiw I love your daughters name! lol

I haven't had the urge to clean anything too odd I don't think. But I just want it all done. Deep cleaning in every room. Want the fridge spotless. Want to bleach the rubber shower curtain thing and bleach all the basement floors. I can't seem to focus myself on one task at a time bc I can't prioritize them. XD Nesting, bah!

Feronia a lot of people have tried to talk me out of my baby name too (we've picked Myah, I don't think I've shared that on here before) every time someone has asked what we're naming her they've screwed their noses up! I'm also dreading OHs family being all over the baby when she's here, they're very rude anyway and will just go straight up to her and pick her up and smother her and pass her around like she's their own. It really frustrates me, especially as their children (who are all under 10) have picked up their bad habits and the thought of them trying to pick her up on their own accord makes me mad!

Happy birthday! My biggest advice here is to speak up! You're the parent and you'll regret it if people treat your baby/kid in a way that you don't like. I've had problems with this and I hate kicking myself over not speaking up later on. :nope: But I always feel damn good about speaking up, even if it's awkward in the moment.

Love the name you picked, by the way!

We weren't 100% sold on our girl name anyway, but I don't want them to think we changed it because of them if this baby is a girl and we decide not to use it. I'm glad you guys are settled on a name you love, swan! :D

Sending lots of good vibes to those mamas waiting on test results- i was so nervous for our nt scan. My heart breaks for anyone who has to deal with bad news about their lovely little baby :( ...a good reminder for me to be positive and thankful for my bump :)

I love the name Myah- our niece is Mya and it is lovely for her now (18 months) and is a name she can grow into nicely too!

So i know its quite late but ive just sent a request to join the facebook group x

Welcome back Feronia, sorry about your nightmare in-laws!

Happy birthday Pens, and I love the name Myah!

I've only told my best friend the name we've picked so far (Catelyn) and whilst I knew she'd have a good response regardless, I do think she genuinely loved it which was nice! My family still keep asking me on a name, and suggesting all kinds of Welsh names. It's funny but nobody else in my family has a Welsh name!! I don't get why they all think I should give her a Welsh name just because I live in Canada now!

DH has gone out for the day, is it wrong that I'm loving the peace and quiet? :haha:

We've stopped sharing names too....kinda. But it seems to make our families more open to giving suggestions.....so I think they interpret our silence in the name department, as if we don't have a name picked. Haha

Anyone team yellow but have a parent bound and determined you are having one sex over the other?!?
My mom has been so adamant that we are having a girl, even buying pink things and calling it a she or her ALL the time!
My mommy intuition has been pointing to boy mostly, so it kinda makes me sad for her and scared whether she will be disappointed if it is a boy....

So, I've been on bed rest for a few days now and BP's have been pretty good. I decided to do some laundry, dishes, and clean floors today and low and behold my bp went up to 140/80. Ugh....guess that proves I need to stay on the couch....but its tough. DH is being awesome though, so the house isn't too bad of a disaster. Our dog needs a walk though....which I don't know if that'll happen because of dh's work schedule.

OMG Wnt2beAMom, my mom is doing the same thing! I have no intuition either way, but my mom is insisting that baby is a girl and is calling the baby "she." It pisses me off when she says things to my daughter like "when your sister arrives" because she truly doesn't know and I don't want her influencing my daughter that way... To be fair, she insisted my daughter was a boy and that she had a psychic vision telling her so! :haha:

Hope your BP stays down!

Feronia...it annoys me so much! Lol But to influence your daughter like that...that's silly. Why confuse her like that?!

Is anyone else having a ton of braxton hicks? Mine feel really tight and are coming every 3-9 minutes or so. I know it's said to call if you get 4 in an hour and so far I've had 10 in 40 minutes, but I do have an irritable uterus. They don't feel like labour contractions, they're just sort of annoying, but I see my midwife in the morning.

Edit: 13 in an hour. I'm going to go take a warm bath and see if that helps! I hope prodromal labour isn't starting THIS early. Last time, I dealt with this getting progressively worse from 37-40 weeks -- regular contractions all day that fizzled out at night. So. Annoying.

Feronia, I'm sorry I hope your contractions stop soon!

I remember posting back before I found out that I was getting unreasonably mad when people would say i was having a girl this time. I felt so strongly they were wrong.I bet you ladies have intuition that's correct!

I had my ob visit today! We'll talk more next week but for now she's thinking of delivering me between 37-38 weeks as long as everything looks good enough that the perinatalogist thinks that's ok :) Getting so excited! if I get to pick a day I'll choose the 13th! So 3 weeks from now!

So sorry to hear that, Feronia! I hope fluids and some rest help calm things down. I've never had any Braxton hicks, so I can't quite relate, but they don't sound like much fun at all.

Has anyone been having intense dreams? I know that's vivid dreams are normal in pregnancy but mine have been horrible. I will wake up a sobbing mess because many of mine involve someone I love dying or myself being given a diagnosis of a month left to live. I actually hate going to bed at night because of the dreams. The worst are when something happens to DH.

I have been getting a lot more cramps and bh for about 2 weeks now, feronia. Thankfully my ob checked my cervix last week and that was definitely closed. It freaked me out a lot at first, but less so now as it seems to happen around the same time of day every other day or so. Mine start off strong and then eventually taper off, which my ob liked the sound of. If yours continue to pick up, I would definitely call your midwife. I hope by the time you read this they have stopped! (Mine also seem to be set off by Baby doing lots of moving).

Exciting to think you are that close to having your baby, ttc! Why would the 13th be your chosen date? (Just curious if it has any significance!)

Sorry about the dreams, miss eyre. I have has some weird ones since being pregnant, but not sad like that. Maybe you are just subconsciously extra worried about your loved ones as mommy hood is coming up? I find it overwhelming to really think about the Baby sometimes- how can you be so in love with someone you haven't met yet?! :flower:

Feronia I hope they stopped!

MissEyre I had 4 different intense and not particularly nice dreams last night, I don't usually remember them and I can't remember what they were but I know I was dreaming like crazy last night. Xx

Surprise, my mom's bday falls on the 13th of her month so I just thought it'd be cute :) Lol!
Glad to hear your cervix was nice and closed up!

Ever since my little guy turned breech I have pretty much no contractions! Maybe 1 a day. I'm sorry for everyone struggling :(

Misseyre, I've been having crazy and bad dreams a lot too! With ds1 I had them all 3rd tri and then about a month after birth. Hope you can get peaceful rest soon!

Thank you for my Birthday wishes and nice comments on the name we've picked :hugs:

and I think I will end up stepping up and saying something if someone does something I don't like with her Feronia, the thought of doing it now makes me feel really awkward but I do think (and hope) that my motherly instinct will push through my shyness. I hope your contractions stop soon too!

MissEyre I've had some really realistic dreams but not any bad ones *touch wood*. They have been really weird though!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"