FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Melly, hope you're feeling a bit better after a restful day :)

Pens, wow. There are no words for your sil. I seriously would have LOST IT on her!

Savvy - So glad y'all are doing well.

Pens - I agree with the others. Don't think I'd watch any of her kids, even one at a time.

Have another nst, bpp, and my 3 week growth scan this today. I'm so nervous because I have severe iugr, I'm just so scared I'm praying baby has grown some more because I may get admitted to labor & delivery again and last time they were talking about inducing me. I'm just so scared at this point because I don't know what to expect.

Due to Christmas family craziness I was following the thread but never got the chance (or sometimes the ambition lol) to post anything.

Now I'm sick as a dog. :( Hubby has been sick with bronchitis and an URI and he's on a couple meds due to how badly he got it. Yesterday we had DD in urgent care because she was acting very off and she also has URI. She's acting fine today, just has a horrible cough and a fever. But since she is acting herself we are pumping fluids and just giving light meds at night to help her rest.

But me? They're thinking its sinus infection but since "we can't treat anything really" the PCP just said to drink a lot and rest. LOL. So encouraging, but I'm trying to follow instructions. My head feels like it'll explode! MIL came over Christmas Eve and when she arrived I noticed she was really sick, like, should be at a doctor sick. So I'm a little disappointed that she decided to show and ESP didn't warn us of her state first. However what's done is done and now I'm just trying to suppress my crazy nesting desires to actually rest awhile. lol.

Hope you're feeling well Melly!

Savvy glad to see a good update from you! Thinking of you all!!

Pens that's just awful! What gall! Like the others said, I wouldn't even get tangled in that situation. Heck. No. lol. You're gonna be focusing on yourself and being a wonderful mama to your baby. She will have to find someplace else to take her drama!

Big hugs DCM! :hugs:

DCM - hope you get really good news!

Swan - My allergies started up about a week and a half ago. I started taking plain 4 hour Mucinex at night to keep my sinuses drained. It worked very well. Have you ever tried a Neti-Pot? That can be a lifesaver when you have sinus issues.

Oh no, Swan, what a time to have your whole family sick! I think it's really inconsiderate that your MIL showed up when she was that sick... ugh. I'd be pretty mad about that. I hope you all can get some rest and feel better soon! It's so tough taking care of a sick toddler when you both are sick, too!

Fingers crossed everything goes okay with your tests, dcm!

Good luck today DCM :) Try not to stress, if baby has to come now chances are good everything will be ok. Sometimes iugr babies just thrive once they're out. thinking of you!

Swan, you poor thing. I'm like feronia...would be extremely irritated your mil even showed up :( I hope you all feel better soon.

Right now I'm in hyper paranoid mode about getting sick. My grandpa, who we saw on Christmas, ended up in the hospital the day after with pneumonia. I feel really bad for him. My mom wanted us all to go over there either yesterday or today to cheer him up. I feel really rude but told her I won't go until later in the week because I just can not have us getting sick right now.

Yesterday I was very morning sick :( It was awful. Last night ds was up crying and screaming the entire night and finally I just started crying because I got such a horrid headache :( Today so far is off to a rough start. Hopefully it will get better. I have my perinatalogist appointment this afternoon and growth scan. Hoping for a set delivery plan.

Thinking of you, dcm! Good luck xx

Swan, that is awful- i hate it when you have to pay for a decision someone else has made! Feel better soon.

Glad you were only sick once, pens. And I totally agree with everyone- just steer clear of her! Your new little family trumps any obligation to her! :) ...it is sad for the kids, but short of taking custody it doesn't seem like anyone can do much.

Pens - It floors me that there really are people out there like that. When my sister was with the father of her three boys they were both getting arrested a lot and our family were planning ways we could look after all three without them going into care/foster. It's tough seeing how the children get affected by bad parenting.

Swan - Sending you hugs! :hugs:

Has anyone else been looking at baby photos of themselves and OH's to try and see what their little ones will look like?! Since my MIL passed this summer we've had hold of all the photos we found at her apartment, lots of baby photos of DH that not even he'd seen before. I now have my mother trawling through her house looking for my baby photos so we can compare :haha:

OK so everything is good , baby is now 3lbs 13oz. Not much but an improvement from the last growth and I'm so happy she's still growing. Such a relief, I have my next scan scheduled 3 weeks from now (on my birthday) so hopefully I'll get great news! :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I swear you all have been keeping me encouraged and sane this while journey :)

Thank you crysshae! I do actually use a Neti - it is my favorite sickness "accessory" if there can be such a thing lol. I swear by them!

Glad for good news DCM!!! How relieved you must feel right now! :hugs:

Oh ttc I am so sorry you're having a rough go. I hope you're well soon, and your grandfather too!

Yeah I won't lie - I was not impressed that she showed sick. But what's done is done now sadly. I have been increasing my fluids immensely and I took a 90 minute nap with DD in the late morning. Feeling a bit better and she's acting like her normal self. LOL. So I figure I will keep laying low with her and with lots of fluids and rest for us both, we will bounce back!

Oh captain, I've been wondering that lately too! Been trying to decide if he will look a lot like his sister or not haha. Two of my friends from BNB had their babies in the past couple of months (both girls) and they are almost spitting images, in many ways, to their older brother and sister. But my sisters two look so different! So I'm curious to see how it will sway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->