FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

So glad that your growth scan went ok DCM and I hope that everyone that's poorly feels better soon. I've been feeling very drained over the last couple of days and just want to sleep, just hope it's pregnancy and I'm not getting ill.

Thanks everyone for understanding, I don't like talking about it really because I feel like I'm being a massive bitch but the other day tipped me over the edge and I needed to vent. She really tries to guilt trip me into babysitting a lot which is why she will only ring me when she needs them looking after and never OH because he tells her where to go. I don't mind having 1 of the 2 youngest because it seems like when they're actually getting attention they settle down and I feel so bad for them because it's so noticeable that all they want is someone to listen to them most of the time. Every time all 3 of them see other people (regardless of whether they've just met them or not too, which is worrying) they are very in your face and want to hug you and sit on your lap. But the thought of them near my baby really makes my stomach turn, I have awful thoughts about them fighting/throwing stuff around her, or if they want to hold her what they will be like because they have no idea how to be careful or gentle :sick: OH has agreed that we will avoid them going near her for as we long as we can and it makes me feel better that he sees it and is on my side but it makes me feel bad that we'd be keeping her away from her cousins. I'd hate for her to pick up any of their awful habits as she grows up

That's great news DCM :)
Swan, I'm sorry your household got sick and MIL showed up sick.
My sister did too...not too bad though, just a cold. But if my dad tried telling her to wash her hands more frequently she would get mad and pretty much didn't even try to contain her sickness at our house. I might be getting it now but its not bad. A bit of a runny nose and last night I noticed my nose was plugged :(
I've been keeping my fluids way up because of the irritable uterus thing and I think that's helping with any cold symptoms too.
I had an nst again yesterday and the nurse said how active the baby is could be affecting my tightening too. I have another ultrasound on the 8th to see how baby, placenta, and my cervix are all doing.

So sorry for those of you that are sick! Hope you all recover quickly.

Just got done at the perinatalogist! They set up my last appointments for the next 2 weeks and are planning delivery at 37 weeks! I see my ob in the morning so I'll see what she says about an actual date. He's still breech so I'm not sure what will happen with that although the perinatalogist told me I'm definitely not a candidate for a version.

dcm, great news about the growth scan. :hugs: Still stressful though.

swan, I'm sorry, what a rough week for your family. Fluids and rest sound exactly the solution. Glad the nap helped!

Wnt2beAMom, fingers crossed your cold doesn't develop into anything worse. And good luck with the scan!

ttc, sorry he's still breech, but how exciting to have an end date in sight. :happydance:

I had my almost-32 week check-up today, everything looks great. The twins are still both head down, both have plenty of fluid, both kicking away. :lol: She measured my fundal height, which is totally useless with twins but kind of fun nonetheless, and at 32 weeks I'm measuring 42 weeks pregnant! My husband's response was 'You're in bonus pregnancy!' :lol:

It's getting so exciting knowing that our babies are going to be making an appearance soon! I had a really weird dream last night where I gave birth to a baby with a MASSIVE head!!!

Just got home from a week at the In laws for christmas and trying to read all i have missed :)

now christmas has gone February seems so much closer..

DCM - Great news!!

Swan - It's funny, something we have absolutely no control over, yet can't help but wonder about! DH and I both had very curly hair when we were young so we're hoping eventually, she will too!

Melly - Don't want to sound like a complete creep here but I think I saw you on Reddit last night? I was on the Baby Bumps section and there was someone with I think the same username as you expecting boy/girl twins in February?! I sound like such a complete stalker saying this I know but had to mention it :dohh:

Ttc can you look into alternatives such as moxibustion, acupuncture and of course spinning babies?
Xx

Melly - Don't want to sound like a complete creep here but I think I saw you on Reddit last night? I was on the Baby Bumps section and there was someone with I think the same username as you expecting boy/girl twins in February?! I sound like such a complete stalker saying this I know but had to mention it :dohh:

I did this a few years ago when i was in the LTTTC section of these boards...I recognised someone from twitter of all places, completely unrelated to TTC, but we used to chat regularly on twitter and i felt compelled to pm her and let her know who i was as obviously LTTTC we spoke of some very personal issue relating to ourselves and our DH's. This world is so small it's unreal! x

Ladies, look! We have made it to over 800 pages on BnB! Wow.

I had my 35 week checkup yesterday and everything is going ok. My blood pressure was high (144/92) and they said it could just be normal for later pregnancy. It has been a bit high the last three appointments. But no other signs for anything concerning. They re-took my BP after sitting there for a while and it was back down to 118/70 something. I wonder if I get myself worked up thinking about the BP and cause it to be high? As long as my doc is not concerned, then I am not either. Baby had a good HB at 140 and my fundal measurement is exactly 35cm. Doc said they may start to do cervical checks at my next appointment ( I start going weekly now) unless I have not had any contractions and would like to delay until 37 or 38 weeks. I may push that off until I feel something other than BH. So far, nothing feels remotely like labor or baby dropping or real contractions. I've gotten painless tightening, and that's it.

I do think the baby was 'slightly' less active yesterday than normal, but I wonder if he is just running out of room? Less space to kick and more slow stretching movements. Is this normal or do they get more active at the end?

Also, they mentioned they will do the GBS swab next appointment. I am really not looking forward to that. I unfortunately have developed hemorrhoids and am so embarrassed. I had them before pregnancy, and they never bothered me at all. But they have gotten worse since being pregnant. I am so self conscious about it and hope it doesn't become a big thing. Anyone else had this issue? I'm afraid I will have to have surgery after baby. :(

Wow, this was quite a ramble for me. Guess I'm just catching up. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the new year and our babies!

Captain - agree! It's exciting to consider possibilities. My eyes are blue and my husbands are hazel. I was born with light brown hair that became golden curls through childhood and eventually dark wavy hair like I have now. His was super dark at birth and fell out to come in much lighter. It never got long enough to see if he had curls but he has wave now. And he's darker-skinned than me - he's full German whereas I am an Irish mutt :)haha:) and fair skinned with freckles. So we spent much time considering what of each she would acquire!

She has blue eyes like me and had his dark hair at birth. Now it's blonde curls though. lol. And she has my fair skin but many of his facial features.

The guessing games are fun!

Ttc can you look into alternatives such as moxibustion, acupuncture and of course spinning babies?
Xx

Good ideas. I've read that moxibustion combined with acupuncture is really effective at turning breech babies. I was prepared to do all 3 if my baby was still breech around this time.

imphope I developed hemorrhoids during labor with my DD. they did ease and go away on their own in time. No need to be embarrassed though -- they've seen it all. ;) and it's rather common. I know many women who've developed them during pregnancy and labor. Tucks pads were my BFFs. :)

How exciting you're to your weekly appointments!!! My 34 week got bumped to Friday since I'm sick. I can't wait!

Are cervical checks done as standard over there?! Seems an odd thing to do and not something I would agree to! :nope:

Just wanted to share a sale bargain I have found in case any of the UK ladies are still looking for a monitor.

This video monitor with sensor pads is £75.00 which is extremely cheap - I have bought one and the daytime picture seems good quality - I haven't tried the sensor pads or the night vision yet so can't comment on whether they're any good but I thought it was worth a punt for the price and can be returned to a store for free if it turns out to be rubbish (will be testing it on DD before the baby comes!) https://direct.asda.com/Motorola-MBP25-BabySense-Bundle/002609400,default,pd.html?dual=0

There was a half price rear-facing car seat I was going to share too but that's disappeared so it must have sold out! Anyone else seen anything good?

Captain, yes that's me!! There seem to be quite a few Bumpers over on Reddit, I've been 'outed' a few times now. :lol:

imphope, I have haemorrhoids here now too. *sad trombone* They're not too bad so far, no bleeding or anything, but they're certainly uncomfortable sometimes.

Xx

Good ideas. I've read that moxibustion combined with acupuncture is really effective at turning breech babies. I was prepared to do all 3 if my baby was still breech around this time.

Yeah I'm pretty much willing to try ANYTHING to avoid a c section!

Xx

I had my 36 week check today, 2 days early. They are not seeing me again until 15th January. That seems a long time away. I'd like to have weekly checks for reassurance.

Imohope - they have see everything before ... although I always find the weekly cervix checks bizarre as they don't really have any benefit imo.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->