FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Mini bump thank you for that link!!!! That is exactly what i have been looking for :thumbup:

Imphope...since I'm laying down lots now I've got hemmoroids too...and have bled twice now from bowel movements being too big...sorry tmi :(
I've been putting on cream and taking some stool softener to try and help....:( it's not too fun...

Also, that's weird your Dr isn't concerned about your bp but my Dr has me on bed rest with nurses visiting me 2x/week. Now, seems a bit overkill....it kind of worries me for birth...how easily she wants intervention. I'm going to make my birth plan tonight with dh and put in a bunch of the info from INA May's book in it for dh to refer to if she is insisting on something and he is feeling like he has no other choice. I'm planning to zone myself out and let him handle the big decisions, so I'll trust whatever he says.

Mini bump thank you for that link!!!! That is exactly what i have been looking for :thumbup:

No probs! It's only designed for one baby (the other sensor pad is for when they're older and moving about) but I don't know whether you could use it for both as newborns or if you'd need two sets? I guess it's still cheap if you have to buy two!

The night vision is good. The only slight negative I've found so far is that the sound is always 'on' although I think the lights flash when there's noise so you could possibly turn the volume right down and watch for the lights but I haven't confirmed this yet. (I have an Angelcare at the moment which only kicks in when there's noise - cuts out the background hiss!)

Edited because I've now looked at the sensor part and it specifically states that it should only be used for one baby. It's actually a totally separate unit and doesn't connect to the camera/monitor at all. Need to check the alarm's loud enough to hear everywhere although I suppose the sound would come through the monitor anyway!

Wow it's been busy here today! It's getting so so so exciting that we are all so close! :)

Had my ob appointment! She scheduled a c section for two weeks from today! But she hasn't given up on him turning and said if he turns we'll turn that day into an induction. I'm so excited :) Plus I'll be so relieved to have him here safe and sound since this antibody stuff has been very stressful!

Ras and Feronia, I hadn't looked into acupuncture! I'm going to see if I can find someone here to do it in time (also someone who is affordable). I've been doing the inversions from spinning babies and he will often move from head up and on the left to almost transverse it feels like. But then he will just go right back! I guess many babies turn after 36 weeks so I'm going to keep trying up until the day of surgery :)

imp, I decline cervical checks too... I just think what's the point lol :) I had my group b strep test today. It wasn't bad at all! She didn't even really look so try not to worry too much :hugs:

Wow izzie! That does seem long to go between appointments! I hope they can maybe see you a bit more for reassurance!

I.hope everyone else is well :)

There's also a way you can use belly wrapping to encourage a breech baby to turn. I'm sure there are videos on youtube!

It sounds really strange to me that a care provider would just say "I'm starting cervical checks next week." There's no benefit for them since they don't tell you how close to labour you are. You can walk around at 4cm for weeks or go from 0cm and 0% effaced to full-blown labour in a matter of hours. It's really not a good way to predict when labour will happen, and often it's discouraging to hear that you're not dilated, effaced or engaged. Unless there's a reason to do them, I'm avoiding them. They also increase your chances of infection.

My midwives ask me if I want something, and are used to me declining everything, lol. No cervical checks for me. Last appointment I put on record that I'm declining the GBS test, vitamin K after birth (unless there are signs of trauma), eye drops, and circumcision. I made all of these choices last time so it was like a 3 minute conversation with absolutely no pressure. I love my midwives! :D Since I hemorrhaged last time, she asked whether I wanted active or physiological management of the third stage, and after much consideration I think I'm willing to do another physiological third stage but we moved the time to intervene with after-birth pitocin up a bit to the first signs of excess bleeding. I feel delayed cord clamping is really important, and part of active management includes immediate cord clamping, so no bueno.

shells - it's crazy sometimes how much of a small word it really is, there's times I've been the opposite side of the world and have bumped into someone from my home town back in Wales..mad!

Melly - Yay! I knew it was too much of a coincidence to not be you! I like reading the stuff there but I think last night was the first time I posted in that section, I'm usually in the ice hockey or soccer areas :haha:

imphope - I was beginning to think I had them the other day, but I'm really not sure as I've never had them before. I have my next check up in the morning so I'll probably bring it up then.

ttc - Congratulations on having a date! That's so close from now I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

My friend finally had her baby this afternoon! A whole week after going into the hospital and being induced three times, as well as missing christmas with her three children! A happy and healthy little girl, I'm sure they can't wait to get home!

Today I asked my neighbours about being on hand when the time comes and they were great. They've offered to pick up DH from the airport if he needs to fly home from work for the delivery (and chances are, he will), and will stay with me/take me to the hospital etc if need be. I feel so much more relaxed now!

Hope I didn't miss out replying to anyone.. there was a lot of posts since I last looked!!

Interesting re: cervical checks... I would like to know if I am dilated as I have had bv more than once now while pregnant. Because of that I really hope mine will stay closed until delivery day. I guess i would like to know my status in terms of when to really keep a close eye on things.

Yay! You have a date, ttc!!!! How exciting :) you have done such a good job for your baby.

I am curious as to where everyone is feeling movement at the moment? A couple of weeks ago for me it was big rolls all over. Now I seem to get the odd big roll + taps very low (ie. At my pubic hair line) or the odd push under my right rib. I have a growth scan tomorrow- i can't wait! I suspect she is head down, and will be surprised if they say otherwise! Also just anxious to see the fluid level, placenta and her growth are all good.

Feronia, you're so brave to try physiological 3rd stage again! Hemorrhaging was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced and I really really hope you do not have to deal with it again. I'm so glad you have such a great caring midwives! I think being able to trust your providers makes everything so much easier. I hate feeling pushed into things so that's great they listen and don't judge and force.

Captain, I'm sure you're so relieved your neighbors are willing to help :) Also great news about your friend!

Surprise, I think I might be curious about my cervix if I were in your position. I certainly was interested in knowing last time! I feel movement low low on my right side. But it's pretty clear that his head is up because of the super hard bulge at my ribs. I feel the occasional lighter movement on my upper right side. No rib kicks here!

Feronia, you're so brave to try physiological 3rd stage again! Hemorrhaging was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced and I really really hope you do not have to deal with it again. I'm so glad you have such a great caring midwives! I think being able to trust your providers makes everything so much easier. I hate feeling pushed into things so that's great they listen and don't judge and force.

It was scary for sure! But the way they dealt with it afterwards was totally fine and I never needed to transfer to the hospital or to get a transfusion, so I figure if they just respond sooner with a shot of oxytocin and uterine massage (ugh, as much as I hated it), it will be fine again. :flower: Plus, it was due to an incredibly long labour and a tired uterus, so I don't think that I'm necessarily predispositioned to hemorrhage again. They're checking my iron and blood levels again just to make sure I have enough blood in case I end up losing a ton of it again though!

I feel like baby is realllly low lately. I actually checked for my cervix the other day and accidentally felt the baby's head almost right away, and it did seem SUPER low. So weird. That explains a lot of the discomfort I'm in, haha...

Feronia, my in-laws commented yesterday that my belly seems to have dropped even in the last five days! Sheila is very low in my pelvis at the moment.

I was up for a couple of hours in the night having a ton of BHs. I had a drink, walked around and then managed to sleep but I'm still getting quite a few this morning and it's a bit unsettling! Anyone else noticed an increase recently? Baby was also moving around an awful lot with loads of activity right down in the middle at the front which I haven't felt before so I'm not sure if the movement was triggering the contractions (which felt more intense than before but still not painful) or the other way around! :shrug: I've considered the possibility of infection but I don't have any symptoms so not sure really and I'm not due to see the MW for another 2 weeks.

I think if it carries on today, I might go and get checked, don't want her coming just yet!

Edited because (TMI sorry!) I just felt an urge to open my bowels and after doing so I feel MUCH better and the BHs seem to have stopped. Perhaps I was just backed up and that was irritating my uterus?! I don't really care as long as they've stopped, lol!!

TTC is your date the 13th?? Mine is the 14th :thumbup:

Minibump the sensor pads are not recommended for twins that co sleep in a cot anyway, it's more having it there if i decided to separate them, i hopefully can order a second pad directly from the company :) My BH can be caused by strong movements and if baby pushes his back out (which he does far too often!) x

All this haemorrhaging talk is scary! Hope it doesn't happen for you ladies this time around.

I have just received a text from the hospital with a reminder for my outpatient appointment on the 7th at 3pm..... which i guess is my pre op assessment for the c-section! I've not had a letter yet lol I have Ob that morning at 11.20, i should have my scan before that but haven't had the time come through yet either, so if the 3pm one is my pre op looks like i'm going to be spending a good few hours at the hospital next wednesday lol :dohh:

hey ladies how are you all doing? haven't been on here in a few days, well babies bag is finished and mines nearly done, just have to add last minute things like makeup and snacks, picked up a few bargains in the sales for my bag, has one else packed theirs? getting exciting come tomorrow we are due next month!!cant believe it its gone by so quickly this time!

I've packed baby's bag, but not mine yet! Not sure why I'm delaying as I have almost everything to go in it apart from nursing bras, which I'm planning on being measured for next week. Guess I want to hope that she does hang on until near her due date at the end of January!

MiniBump, glad your BHs stopped! I still get them every day quite often in the late afternoon and evening until bed. I think this is just normal for me, though.

Shells! Yes I'm the 13th :) So exciting you're the 14th! I am a little nervous mine isn't until midday I'm surely going to throw up! Still suffering morning sickness here :( Let me know how your pre-op appointment goes! I have an ob appt Monday, perinatalogist appt Tuesday and the next Monday then preregister at 5pm that night.

I still have no bags packed for the hospital!

Mini bump I'm glad they stopped for you! I've been having a lot more even though he is breech. For awhile I had none. I think it's normal to have them increase but be careful! Hoping they stay away!

I haven't packed anything and still haven't got my new moses basket yet :dohh: I think it's still a bit strange to me that this is really happening.

I bought some maternity pads the other day (Asdas Little Angels if anyone has used them??) and was wondering how many is recommended to stock up on.

I always erred on the side of too many pads pens! I think at first I used 12-14 a day (mainly to feel fresh). But you're not going to want to go out and get them. My bleeding stopped at 2 weeks postpartum but then I hemorrhaged at 3 weeks pp so I think I went through about 4 packs.

Sorry this may be a weird question...can we use like menstraul pads after birth? I have a pack and a half leftover. They are Always Overnights....will that not be good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->