FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Thanks all, I've been ok today so we'll see how tonight goes. She's always more active at night so maybe this is just my new normal?

Wnt2beAMom, they will probably be ok after the first few days. I think the midwives prefer you to use maternity pads at first because it's easier to monitor the amount of blood loss than with the ultra type.

Pens, there are bargains to be had with moses baskets at the mo if you haven't already bought one!

No bags packed here but I have started getting stuff together.

Izzie, you may want to wait until after the birth for nursing bras because your size might change when your milk's 'come in'. I wouldn't buy too many now just in case!

Can't believe how soon some of these babies will be here! Only seems like yesterday we were getting fed up waiting for 12 week scans! :wacko:

I am due one month from today! AHHH! That seems so far away, yet so close. Know what I mean? I started gathering things for my bag, but won't put it all together until closer to due date. I'm sure I will over pack, but hey- First time mom here. :) I'm getting excited!

I think my BH are more common when my bladder is full or if I am moving around too much. I still cant really feel them unless I touch my belly and it is really hard. But emptying my bladder and then resting seems to make them go away. Anyone else get this same feeling?

I don't plan to have cervical checks until 38 weeks (standard at my OB) unless I think I've had actual contractions. Right now I feel like my baby is so cozy in there and he hasn't made any moves toward an early delivery. I guess things can change in an instant, but for some reason I feel like he may be a late baby. Even though I'm due Jan 31st I bet he will be a February baby after all. :)

My bags are packed and by the back door - had them done and in the car on xmas eve just in case the scan didn't go well, but thankfully our plan worked and we got to bring the bags home again lol

pens - I have bought the little angel pads too, i have no idea what was good or not, i also wondered if the always pads would do too!

I just realised i didn't pack snacks in my bag.. DH will have to bring me some when the time comes lol

TTC... I don't have a time yet on the 14th, i'm guessing i'll be early as they will want me done and dusted with two to sort out lol

I'm going to have to ring the ultrasound department and/or the Ob as i got my scan letter today for the 7th (still not got the pre op letter they text me the reminder for this morning lol)... they have booked my scan for 20 minutes after the ob appointment which is pointless :dohh:

7th is a busy day lol

Thanks ttc, I like to feel clean so I'll probably end up over stocking, but better to have too many anyway!

And thanks MiniBump, do you (or anyone else) know anywhere with a good deal on moses baskets with a stand? I'm in the UK

Pens, look at Precious Little One, Asda Direct, Tesco Direct, Argos, Mamas and Papas and Mothercare, I think they all have offers on but it depends what you want and whether you want to buy the basket and stand from two different places.

Shells, Argos have the same sensor pads with a different monitor for £99.99 - I think the monitor might be a newer model because it has sound activation and sensitivity settings. Just thought I'd let you know in case they were worth the extra £25 to you!

I've got Little Angels pads too! No idea what they're like but it's gonna be messy whatever so I figure it doesn't matter!

I picked up a moses basket and stand for 99p in the next village off eBay with ds and got a new mattress which was about £10 ... glad I did as we didn't use it for long at all.
xx

I just got back from my scan- I was completely wrong on position and baby is breech!

The dr said something interesting for anyone else with a breech baby in third tri- that raises the risk of hip dysplasia after brith and should be mentioned to your pediatrician (especially for girls). It was standard to scan the hip joints in Switzerland, but apparently is only done here if they know of any risk factors.

I am going to get working on my hospital bag in the next couple of weeks. I can't believe some of our due dates are as close as four weeks away!! I still have 7 to go, which seems like a long time!

TTC - When pregnant with my daughter and she was breech, my doctor suggested I sleep with my bum propped up on a pillow. She had turned at the next appointment.

Some of you will be having your little ones so soon. Exciting!

Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks MiniBump :)

And happy new years everyone! We are (almost) officially in the year that our babies are going to be born in :happydance:

Omg my baby is due next month , double omg I move houee in 4 days

Breech babies -- spinning babies, acupuncture, chiropractic (Webster technique), moxibustion, and swimming. I'd try all of those things liberally! My baby was breech at 26 weeks (I know, still super early with plenty of time to turn), but I started by doing spinning babies inversions and he/she turned head down within days.

And omg, I can't believe that tomorrow I can say that baby will be born "next month"! Ahh!
My daughter just took off her pants, threw them across the room, and downed a shot glass of apple juice. I guess she's getting ready for the new year as well. :haha:

Ohhh and I forgot to say that I finally got the wrap for this baby while on vacation! I love it sooo much! Here's me testing it out on DD. I can't wait for newborn snuggles. :cloud9: It was nice to wear skirts in California, haha! I don't have that luxury here.

Attachments

• 10882384_1051997811492629_4996457831421830662_n.jpg
    10882384_1051997811492629_4996457831421830662_n.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 20
Surprise, how funny your baby is breech too! I was thinking maybe based on movement's you were describing. Hope she turns for you! And definitely get her screened for dysplasia. We just got my first ds cleared by the pediatric orthopedic surgeon last week because he had signs of dysplasia. He wasn't ever breech, but I did have low fluid which is another risk factor. Thankfully he's fine but I will definitely be getting this baby checked!

Feronia, great wrap!!!!!

Cryssie! Thanks for the idea! I will try it out tonight!

Happy new year everyone!

Surprise, how funny your baby is breech too! I was thinking maybe based on movement's you were describing. Hope she turns for you! And definitely get her screened for dysplasia. We just got my first ds cleared by the pediatric orthopedic surgeon last week because he had signs of dysplasia. He wasn't ever breech, but I did have low fluid which is another risk factor. Thankfully he's fine but I will definitely be getting this baby checked!

Feronia, great wrap!!!!!

Cryssie! Thanks for the idea! I will try it out tonight!

Happy new year everyone!

Yep... I was 100% off! What I thought were kicks up high were headbutts ;) and the low down 'punches' were kicks. Trickster little bub/clueless first time mum...! ;)

My Swiss nanny family were told that baby wearing is very good for getting hips into the right place if you wrap them in a hug hold so that their legs are in a kind of frog position: https://mobywrap.com/pages/instructions-for-moby-baby-carriers
Their elder daughter had dysplasia and needed a brace for a couple of months, but neither of their twin girls did :)

So glad your son was cleared, ttc! :) it seems like it should be a standard check... why isn't it?!

I would like her to turn and will look into some of your tips, Feronia :) swimming certainly sounds like a good start! At the end of the day, I am ok with a c section if it ends up being my best bet. I will let baby know the pros and cons, and then she can decide ;) I am pretty sure that I would decline a version and just do the section if she is still breech in a few weeks.

Happy new year, ladies! I can't believe all these babies are due THIS YEAR :)

Surprise, how long before they actually worry? My ob said lots turn before 37 weeks but I've heard other doctors worry at 35. I don't blame you for not wanting a version. I didn't want one, but my dr wouldn't do one on me anyway. You have to be a good candidate I guess certain factors make it unwise for some pregnancies.

And thanks :) I was so relieved he is fine! And I do think it's standard for pediatricians here to check manually for catches and clicks but the ultrasounds are only done on babies with risk factors.

Aargh, hopefully all these bubbas get their heads down ASAP!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

From what my doc said- we will see where she is at my next appointment (35 weeks) and then discuss what to do if she is still breech by 36. She said they usually settle by 36, but some turn later (for better or worse!). So, I guess that if she is breech at 36 weeks we start to discuss a cs. My doc mentioned a version today as an option we would discuss after 36 weeks, but it didn't seem like she was that into the idea. I looked up some info- it is successful something like 55% of the time and there are some big risks. So, in my mind the risk is too big for a fairly low rate of success. I can see why they don't even consider it if you have any kind of complication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->