FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Happy new year everyone!

My midwife said that as long as baby is head down by 37 weeks for me, I'll be good to go for a homebirth. I'm thinking about starting to do the inversions from spinning babies, but I'm already having some trouble breathing while laying down. Does being in the inversion position make it difficult to breathe sometimes?

Happy New Year ladies!

I need to get my head out of my butt and pack my hospital bag. I keep getting anxious about doing so. Last time I packed mine on NYE and she came a week later. So I think my brain is being stubbornly superstitious in thinking packing too early will make him come early too. :haha: totally irrational of course so I need to get it together.

Been having BH a lot lately. My coughing fits seem to not help. Just keeping hydrated and trying to rest a lot!

Love your wrap Feronia! Man I would love some warm weather! Haha.

Fx for all these breech babies!!

Hope you feel better soon, swan! Being sick and pregnant sucks majorly.
I wish I was still in warmer weather, haha. I'm back in below freezing Canada so I'm in giant unstylish maternity coats again. :haha:

MrsTM1, I do remember the inversions being uncomfortable and it makes sense that you'd have difficulty breathing with a big belly upside down!

Happy New Year! Woo hoo we are going to have 2015 babies any time! We starting this year off with many blessings! Hope everyone is staying healthy. Seems like everyone is sick that I know including my daughter. Poor little thing. She did make it to midnight to ring in the New Year for the first time! :) trying to soak up these last special moments with just my sweet little girl.

Happy new year everyone!

DH and I had a great day yesterday. It was his birthday so we went out for breakfast before going to my OB appointment, then I took him to this farm up island that make their own wine and cheese! We then got invited to a little get together with our marina owners and a couple of other liveaboards at the pub here before some of our neighbours came over for dinner.

As for my OB appointment, this one was with the older OB, instead of the usual student I get. He had a huuuge feel to try and work out which way baby is, and he couldn't work it out! He said he thinks she was head down but couldn't say for certain! He also looked back on the ultrasound results as I haven't seen him since I had it done, he said the technician left out the gender determination part which has got me a little worried!

And hospital bags... I've bought all I think I need but haven't put it in my bag yet. I'm hoping to get it done today if I can drag myself off the couch!

Is no ine cincidering a vaginal breech delivery my baby seems to be breech and my mudwife us happy ti go vaginal am I badly informed

Reading over the page, I can't believe all these tickers saying things like '34 weeks pregnant'!!!! :) I wish now that I had asked my doc when she would suggest we schedule a planned cs if i go that way. When is normal? 37 or 38 weeks? Ideally I would like a vaginal birth... it would be super exciting to have a date though, too!

In the US it seems like a c section is standard for breech babies. Not sure if some are more open to it- especially if you have had other babies already/pregnancy is complication free etc?

Is no ine cincidering a vaginal breech delivery my baby seems to be breech and my mudwife us happy ti go vaginal am I badly informed

No, you're not badly informed. Plenty of midwives (and some OBs) are happy to attend vaginal breech births, it really just depends on their level of experience and training with breech births. It's a skill that not every care provider has, but when they do, it's a perfectly safe option (for frank breech presentations). It just sounds like your midwife is comfortable with breech.

Well seing as this us number 6 and the last five have been vag births with no real complications I guess im orob a safer bet than a firwt timer obviously if baby us transverse a natural labour would be out of the question. Id jyst feel cheeted if I had ti have a section labour is my fav oart of oregnancy

I know a lot of people opt for vaginal breech births! I hope you can have one 2ndtime! My hospital (only one my ins covers) has a policy against them. Though I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try if it were allowed.

Captain, that sounds like a wonderful day! I hope you can get your bag packed today!

Swan, I'm like you. Nothing packed and I'm actually on a deadline now! I.laughed so hard at your post :) Pull your head out...Lol. I read it to my dh and he said "that's what you need to do!".Lol! :)

Surprise, 39 weeks is standard for c section for breech in the US. I'd be doing that if it weren't for the antibody issues. The monitoring is unreliable after 36-37 weeks so out he comes! I was hoping for 39ish weeks but am not willing to chance a stillbirth. (not to be upsetting).

Happy New Year everyone! I hope it started off great!

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully all bubbas will be head down soon. Find out on 12th when c-section will be booked. Cant wait to start the count down til my little bub is here xxx

It all depends on your midwife and region here in the UK. Some regions 'allow' them, most do not.

From what I've researched (which, I admit, isn't much for breech), I think that most breech vaginal births go perfectly fine, so long as mother is relaxed and in a good position (have read that all fours is a good one), doesn't push once it's realised that baby is breech (just let the contractions get baby out), and no one touches the baby until the head is out (if it's hanging, let it hang as gravity will help, supporting babies body or pulling on it can hurt baby and mum). I'd be willing to try it, but I don't think my midwife would be willing to try on her own. Maybe with a few more midwives present she would though.

I tried some of the inversion positions back when Bruce was first breech (a few months ago now) and I found them very uncomfortable and breathless and nauseating.

I'm pretty sure Brecken is head down now and in position. :) really hope he stays I'm there until Feb. DH has to travel on jan 27/28th makes me so nervous!

Happy New Year everyone!

Another trip to hospital for anti-D on NYE for me after walking into a door handle (duh). Only just made it home before midnight! Whilst I was being monitored, a lady came in who was in labour. She seemed fine and was talking to me but within 10 minutes was screaming her head off, declared fully dilated and rushed off to the labour ward! I was quite scared!

I was a breech vaginal birth back in 1979. They tried to turn me so they obviously knew, despite the lack of scans, but still allowed my mum to birth me (on her back and in stirrups too, no doubt!) She says they used forceps on my bottom because I ended up black and blue but all was fine. Do they find it scarier now because, in general, babies are bigger so more chance of complications or birth injury (and being sued!)? :shrug:

id personally be afraid almost to have a breech birth, id opt for a csection, the closer I get to my due date the sadder I am I will never get my vaginal birth because of the size of my babies and I cant/wont be able to get them out safely because im not a big person myself at least that's what I was told along with having a wk over due with my ds, failed induction and he almost died during labour they don't want to take a risk with me again so im going to be booked in for a csection at 39 weeks and if we have another then ill have no choice but to have a csection then, ill do whatever it takes to get my babies here safe and sound but sad its come to this

Ladies i'm so excited!! Midwife has just been and i have a head down baby on the right!! He is not engaged and she doesn't want me to get excited because the 'oblique' one is now fully on the left and now properly breech (which means his legs are out of the way now and no longer covering the exit and his head is in my ribs!) but his bum could still get in the way of the others head (which is right over my pelvis)! But YAY.... C-section MIGHT not be the only option now! She said the painful BH are the real deal and thats what has changed their positions, she said i've dropped and they are getting ready.... OMG i'm so happy xx i'm measuring 43 weeks, both heartbeats are fab, the movements are great ... perfection x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->