FEBRUARY HEARTS Due in February 2015 , open group all welcome!

Bounceyboo - I'm really sorry you've been made to feel like that, really saddens me that a lot of doctors tell women they probably couldn't birth naturally when in a lot of cases it simply isn't true.
Of course now you've had one awful experience I don't blame you at all for choosing to go for c section.
Xx

Happy 2015 all! I find out on Tuesday if DS is still breech and get to schedule my section. I am hoping to schedule it for 1/22/15 which means that Alex will be here in less than 3 weeks!!!!!!

Great news, shells!

Bounceyboo - I'm really sorry you've been made to feel like that, really saddens me that a lot of doctors tell women they probably couldn't birth naturally when in a lot of cases it simply isn't true.
Of course now you've had one awful experience I don't blame you at all for choosing to go for c section.
Xx

Totally agree. In the vast majority of cases, there are no size differences that prevent natural birth. It was different in a time when women were more likely to have structural problems like rickets due to vitamin deficiencies, but not now, unless there's a true pelvic injury or something like GD that complicates the size. Tiny women birth 10 and 11 lb babies all the time, and fetopelvic disproportion is WAY over-diagnosed, unfortunately. I totally understand you opting for a c-section after such a bad experience. This isn't directed at you or your situation, bouncyboo! :flower:

MiniBump, I think you hit the nail on the head with the fear of being sued. Frank breech birth is perfectly safe if the care provider is well trained. I'm not sure why there's so much fear of it though! I've read plenty of studies showing similar outcomes to cephalic birth, and it's well known in maternity circles that there's no good reasons certain hospitals outright ban it. :shrug:

34 week appointment today -- so glad, too! I've been having a ton of BH lately and though they've not changed in intensity or had any pain accompanying them, their frequency has become a bit disconcerting. So I am hoping they have good news for me today! Hubby's like, "Maybe we better pack your bag before your appointment... just in case...?" So... maybe I should go do that? :| lol.

id personally be afraid almost to have a breech birth, id opt for a csection, the closer I get to my due date the sadder I am I will never get my vaginal birth because of the size of my babies and I cant/wont be able to get them out safely because im not a big person myself at least that's what I was told along with having a wk over due with my ds, failed induction and he almost died during labour they don't want to take a risk with me again so im going to be booked in for a csection at 39 weeks and if we have another then ill have no choice but to have a csection then, ill do whatever it takes to get my babies here safe and sound but sad its come to this

Awwwww, so sorry you feel like you won't get the birth you want :( I am very much fine with either as I can see benefits in both vaginal and section births.

Caesarean has a lot of pluses in terms of the baby's safety... I say try and focus on those and all of the positives you can come up with :) (I think fewer problems with incontinence afterwards was another cs plus I came across!)

Had my midwife appointment today and the path lab messed up my bloods AGAIN so I had to go back to the hospital and get them taken again. Apparently they put the blood for glucose in the wrong tube and even labelled it that they had done it wrong before I had left! :dohh:
but on the bright side baby is head down and everything else is looking good.
Hope everyones breech babies turn in time xx

Shells, that's awesome about the right baby being head down!!! Fingers crossed the stars align and you get to try for a vaginal delivery if you want.

Swan, good luck at the appointment today! Hopefully the BH don't mean anything and baby is safely cooking away in there for awhile yet :D

I do agree that it would be nice for a breech vaginal birth to be an option...

but there definitely are cases where a vaginal birth just ain't gonna happen! And in such a case I think it is foolhardy to bypass the controlled cs option. My mum's labour with my brother ended with an emcs as he never even engaged. I have a friend who has a similar story with both of her sons. She is small and in her case, her hips were just not wide enough to birth her 9lb babies. The truth is that many women used to die in labour, and many still do in parts of the world where good medical care is not available. I get and agree that a textbook vaginal birth is preference #1, but don't agree that it is the best option to push for a vaginal delivery if it doesn't look like the safest option.

Just my two cents! I get frustrated with the pro vaginal birth camp, as it is preference #1 in a general sense, but not a one size fits all situation. I think that a cs is a wise choice for a lot of women and that we are all lucky to have that option available :flower:

34 week appointment today -- so glad, too! I've been having a ton of BH lately and though they've not changed in intensity or had any pain accompanying them, their frequency has become a bit disconcerting. So I am hoping they have good news for me today! Hubby's like, "Maybe we better pack your bag before your appointment... just in case...?" So... maybe I should go do that? :| lol.

Good luck, swan! Hopefully the bhs arent up to much! :) I have definitely been getting them more, too.

Surprise, I have a friend in real life who keeps on and on about why wouldn't I just try a vaginal birth. And how I should use a hospital thats not on my insurance plan. And how she'd hate for me to have a c section. Lol. It's discouraging. Of course I'd rather have a straightforward time. But honestly my vaginal birth was really crappy last time and maybe it's naive but I really doubt a c section recovery could be any worse than my recovery last time. I guess it bugs me that this particular friend acts like unmedicated, vaginal birth no matter what is the only way to be a good mom. Personally I'm sad when women feel guilty already before their babies even get here! It's hard enough! :) I just hope all of you and all of my real life friends have safe deliveries and everyone comes out ok in the end :)

Shells, that's great news! I hope they stay in a good position!

Swan, I hope your appointment goes well!

I just hope all of you and all of my real life friends have safe deliveries and everyone comes out ok in the end :)

Spot on ttc!

Shells, fantastic news on the twins, I hope everything goes as you want it to!

Oh absolutely agree c section can be a life saving option/necessary for healthy baby and mother but it's totally not going to be the easy option everyone thinks that it is, neither is it risk free.
It's one of my worse nightmares along with an epidural (bleauck needles) and being a footballers WAG.
Xx

Great news Shells!! (Just as an aside, I found that monitor I linked to in an Asda Living/George store today for £55 so I bought one and have returned the other!)

Swan, my BHs have really ramped up in frequency and intensity but I think it's normal at this stage as your body prepares slowly for birth.

I agree that it's great CS is an option if it's what a woman wants or circumstances make it the safest choice but don't think it should be forced on ladies by overzealous hospital policies.

I'm still in two minds about whether I'd prefer a VBAC or repeat CS (I'm scared of tearing, incontinence, etc.) but I suffered terribly with guilt and feelings of failure from my first CS so, even though they've faded somewhat now, I don't want to go through that again. As long as I know I've given vaginal my best shot, I'll be at peace with a CS if my VBAC fails. That said, I wouldn't put mine or the baby's health at risk just to put my demons to rest.

Cs are not that bad, I've had three! My hospital doesn't do vbacs, but I would have never been able to try. I would have been one of the women that would have died and the baby would have died in child birth. I had a emc with my first dr said my hips ddnt separate and although he was only 6lb 13oz he never would have made it through the birth canal. The cord was also wrapped around his neck and was in distress. I didn't progress with my second, and my third was breech! So no way I'd ever get to try a vag birth. I'm ok with that I have 3 soon to be 4 very healthy kids that I wouldn't have been able to without a cs. I recovered very well from mine and have never stayed more than 2 days with each cs and felt great after. My third cs was my easiest

Minibump - i picked mine up today but haven't opened it yet was it the same one with the sensor mats?? will check it out tomorrow if the store actually had it cheaper :)

I think the whole c-section v vaginal is entirely a personal choice based on experience, expectations and previous complications :thumbup: I really don't want one if i can avoid it (i had 95% come to terms with having one), more so because i know the recovery time is 6 weeks of no driving and i will be home alone after 2 weeks... my hospital is terrible for infection (i caught one after my lap last year). Obviously if needs must - i'll have it no questions asked, but a natural delivery is what i have been aiming for this whole pregnancy - i have my 'ideal' delivery... but am very open to whatever is best for my babies, for me and gets us all home in one piece :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->